IGNORED

Options for flash drive. HD

Ripdubski

Thanks Roy. No need to go back to post 99; it was the reason for my additional questions. ;)

Anyway: that's pretty weird about ROM code behaving differently to RAM code, and not something I can do much about, I'm afraid. If some cards work perfectly and some don't, then it's the same old CF story, unfortunately. I absolutely recommend good quality SanDisk cards for use with SIDE2. They were selling 4GB SanDisk Ultra 2 cards for a fiver at my local WalMart a while back, and I didn't feel too bad about spending that on media for a fifty quid peripheral.

BTW: if "ad" means "addition", then it should probably be "substitution", since the soft-driver overrides the PBI BIOS completely; I take it as read that "SIDE Hardware" is being disabled before the soft-driver is installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Not If you put the rom that you can download there too (not the atr!) on your fat32 partition.

I have to test whether you could start fat32 loader from SDX or not. If yes you could also load the fat32 from Sdx so in that case you would even able to reflash the entire cart.

I downloaded the SDX MyIDE ][ ROM and put it in the Fat32 space. Boot loader sees it, loads it. Sparta boots - sort of.

I tried two versions of the ROM, one from FJC, one from Atarimax, both for MyIDE ][, both version 4.46. The Atarimax one will boot all the way to D1 prompt, but no devices are accessible (error 138). The FJC one hangs after it completes the ROM load.

I must be misunderstanding this, or maybe its just time to pull the SIDE 2 trigger.

Edited by Ripdubski

Hi Frankie,

A while ago I wrote a ULTIME.COM that downloads the time just like ape time from Ultimate 1MB. It is not a real time clock driver like ultime.sys but it works on SDX too. If I can find it i'll post it here. I think ultime.sys only works when SDX on U1MB is activated. Perhaps this can be considered as a small flaw. I think that ULTIME.SYS also would not work when I put this driver in my IDE+ SDX package. I'll lookup ultime.sys for you, and if found, I'll post it here.