IGNORED

Looking for a 800XL NTSC

Level42

Sargi, a mylar plus PAL GTIA would cost $32 ex. shipping (that is, if Best's "website" is still accurate). Are you able to swap the mylar and put the GTIA in the socket ?

I meant, I'd pay that for you. Getting a complete and working PAL XL here is more expensive I bet...

I don't know either :) I really have no idea what it's worth, and I don't want to insult you with a low offer. The main thing I need is a PAL ANTIC, I think. There are some really great games and demos that won't run on NTSC. What would you take for it (plus shipping)?

Wellllll........http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FVintage-Atari-800-XE-with-10-games-NIB-very-rare-2600-st-xl-mint-in-box-%2F201026823417%3Fpt%3DVideo_Games%26hash%3Ditem2ece21e4f9

;) That is NIB and lots of games with it. I remember that these sets were sold by a large toy-chainstore here (Intertoys) and they cost like €45 then :)

When Atari Benelux closed it's doors they sold off about their entire inventory to Intertoys. This is also why you see the same cartridges here over and over again, there was a limited amount of certain games they had. The set always came with controllers and 10 carts, the games did differ per set though.

Still a bad GTIA in that for sure...

Hi Level 42!

What does "swap the mylar" mean? (Sorry if that is a bit dim ;)... As long as its not brain surgery I could probably do it :)

What's the next step? Shall I send you the 800XL - I am happy for you to receive it and make sure it arrives and is working before splashing out on anything / sending the 800XE.

Sarge

Never mind Sargie. I just found a nice set over here that I'm picking up tomorrow. Should be a fully working 800 XL that I can ship to you.

The rest of the set is a Track ball, a Suzo joystick and a 1050, I'll sell on the Trackball for sure, already got one NIB :)

Picked up the stuff, seller added about 30+ floppies to the deal, most actually still work :)

The 1050 makes the worst grinding noise I've ever heard (but still works fine) so I guess it has never been re-lubricated since the 80s.

The 800 XL works absolutely fine, passed all self-tests incl. all keys, joystick ports, cartridge port, SIO port all work fine.

So....soon a NTSC and a PAL 800 XL will cross each other somewhere over the Atlantic ;)

• Like 1

Level42,

I may be interested in your 800XE, depending on shipping costs. I may be able to fix the keyboard.

-K

Thought about it....it's kinda nice to have a 800XE, then again, already got a working 130XE. Would like to get 50 Euro for it ex. shipping.

• 2 weeks later...