IGNORED

Are there any homebrews currently in development?

Atariman

I was just wondering if there are any homebrews in development for the 7800... I remember hearing that there aren't many (or possibly any) due to it being harder to program for and because the 2600 was a much more popular system. I'd kinda like to see a game that really pushes the 7800 to the max and shows off exactly what it can do... with a pokey chip (or better) attached, of course. :)

I'm pretty sure I remember reading a thread about what COULD be done, but are there currently any official projects at this time?

I had an idea for a Cloak & Dagger style game called Agent X awhile back, but I never got around to doing it due to being bogged down with work and my prototype webpage. I have a 7800 developers board and a TT030 to use it with, so I will get around to play around with it (eventually).

Tempest

Well, my plan for "Burgertime" and maybe "Runaway Brain" is to dig up what documentation I can and then test it on MESS.  Then, if that works, try and find a way to get it on a cartridge.

If you get far enough to get a full working version that runs in MESS, I'm sure the Al's could help you take it from there to a production run. ;)

You don''t need the óriginal developpers hardware' to do something with the 7800. All you need is 6502 asm knowledge (which sound more difficult then it actually is) and some knowledge about the 7800 (video)hardware.

I know 6502 and program things for the atari 8 bit computers, and i read a few day's ago information about the 7800.....but there isn't enough documentation about the 7800 maria video chip for me........

Thelen