IGNORED

MULE works on real 400/800, but not on Altirra

ACML

I have a few versions of MULE and they do not work on Altirra running on Win 7 64-bit. They all load and get the title screen. I can even make a few selections, but it won't actually go all the way to the start of game play. I've tried the same ATR on a real 48K 400 and it works fine, so I'm assuming this is a glitch in Altirra. Can anyone else get MULE to actual game play using the OS-B ROM OS?

Edited by ACML

Just tried it on beta 25 and worked fine, out fitted my mule and set it to work.

At first I could not go on because I had not changed it to one player (default is 4)

Tried a dcm and an atr...Turned on and off accurate disk speed and it worked fine both ways.

set to 400/800 OSB 48K

Edit: I'm also win 7 x64...

Edited by Mclaneinc

So in the emulator, it waits for your fire button on the select colour and select species screens, then waits forever for you to confirm by a third fire button press and load the next part? Or do you land on Irata but don't get past the first status screen? Out of a few different ATR versions, one or two play nice on my 130XE with SIO2SD while some others have controller problems. Then there is the issue with running it from an Atarimax cartridge as I've been told before, but that should not be an issue for you using the emulator.

I can vaguely remember having a similar problem on real hardware (800XL).

If Basic is enabled then that might be a cause. Also there's various versions around - the one I have is a single file that is best loaded from DOS (it has a short init section and actually takes over the load process itself).

Of course there's also the obvious - only enable human player's that you have controls plugged in for.