IGNORED

current and past homebrew (recent) commercial stuff list?

spamh8r

I've been tasked to get a list of homebrew (or open source) hardware and software available for sale today, or recently, along with a link and short description.

Seems that there should already be something around, but I don't see it concentrated anywhere. I'm thinking something like:

Incognito Board (Atari 800) - replacement personality board - http://spiflash.org/index.php/block/29.html

YOOMP! - 3d game - http://yoomp.atari.pl/

Of course, I don't expect anything that is really complete since there has been so much available, and it isn't even all commercial (but YOOMP! is available to purchase)

Other item's I'm aware of and will list (the short list so far):

IDE 2+, MYIDE I and II, SIDE I and II, Ultimate 1Mb, Maxflash carts, MEGACart, The!cart, SIO2SD, Rapidus Accelerator, Dual Pokey.

What else have we got? What am I missing? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Well the first question that comes to mind is, who "tasked" you to do this? and why?

There are many sources for this information, but there is a huge difference between hardware mod's and software reproductions, homebrews, etc.

Not to mention that a lot of these come and go pretty quickly, i.e. GR8's software offerings. And lot of individuals "start" a project and then move on.

Also add to that and in which country and those issues (getting information, etc).

Edited by chrislynn5

Xuel-- Thanks much! Great suggestion.

chrislynn5-- I volunteer with a retro expo (as the resident 8-bit Atari fanboy), and my brother, who is also involved, asked me to gather some Atari specific stuff, as others are doing Commodore/Apple, etc-- so that people who are interested in retro gaming can get more information about playing on real hardware and not just emulators, as well as get an understanding of the breadth of product available for hardware that so many have thrown away as 'useless.'

Edited by spamh8r

GR8 Software

Robbo Forever --boxed cart.

Isora & Loopz DX --plastic encloser box cart

Line Runner --plastic enclose box cart

and I think GR8 made a Kolony cart

there were a couple that I missed.getting.

Carina Cartridge.

5N1 OSS Cartridge --Ram Cart

Sic!Cart

Hardware not mentioned

Karin Maxi disk drive interface--for PC floppies 3.5 and 5.25.

Several different versions of S-video boards

VBXE 1 2 AND 3

kjman s video board

and two I don't remember how to spell.

Edited by rdea6