IGNORED

Some background info about my old demo "The Phantasy demo"

When you choose a music track, that is one another side of the disk, you get this message flashing on your screen:

"Something wonderfull has happened...
Insert the correct side of this disk
and after this, press START softly...."

This was an ode to a member of our team, The Caped Crusader. He was an Amiga guy, a good friend of me, who provided the music. I digitised the Amiga music with my audio 2 and 4bit sampler with direct connection. One sampler i bought from John Maris (A famous Atari guy from Holland, who lived in Schiedam, also one of the founders of the famous Dutch Pokey magazine, and a good old friend of me)

On the Amiga, whenever an error happened , Guru medititation appeared.

I wanted to re-create this Amiga error message also on the Atari 8bit. Instead of Guru Meditation, i wrote the above text....

"Something wonderfull has happened...
Insert the correct side of this disk
and after this, press START softly...."

hehe.

also there seems to be an error in the demo. I might try to correct this. The source is erased thanks to history and me, being an asshole, selling my whole Atari 8bit system for little Dutch Guilders in 1994. Yep, i was a student in Information Tech, and my school wanted me to buy a PC... sad ... but true....

link to youtube:

You can download my old demo here:

http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=5881

2 songs need 128K memory (for the samples), they also work on the 64K machines, but a 64K part of samples is missing then. (so , this demo is also best played on 128K machine -> i made it on an original 130XE !)

students dont have much money. Anyhow, i got 50% of my old programs back, since I bought an Atari 130Xe, 2 1050 drives, and 400 disks some weeks ago (in 2014, 20 years after i sold my atari 130Xe in 1994.. I come full circle). Yep. Even my old rambling on the DCW! Disk magazine.

anybody wants to have this one ?

seems to be rather rare.....

the DCW! Disk Magazine....

I made the DCW! disk magazine, in 1991 or 1990. I was living in a foster parent home, and wanted to make a disc magazine.

I was there iin Holland, before Pokey magazine was there. Yep. Echt waar.

only one issue was made. If people are interested in the Dutch/English language DCW! Disc magazine, give me a PM. I dont have the ability to transfer Atari discs to the PC

I can transfer from PC to ATARI, but not the other way around.

So, if enough folks want it, i might try to transfer the disc on tape, and then digitise it on PC, re-arrange it with Altari, etc. I am a rather busy guy, i have a wife, 2 kids (from her ex-husband) ,and i am also the CEO of an international company who trades in Panasonic Toughbook laptops (military grade) (yep, i am da boss ya know.... ) .. So, i first ask, if people are interested, because it might take a while before i get it fixed. Othber option is: Another person, who sells/gives me for free a SIO2PC interface or something else.... (i can pay for it...)

Ik kan je ook een copy van de schijf zenden, als je in Nederland/ Belgie of Duitsland woont. Als jij dan de schijf digitaal op de PC en het internet kunt zetten , dan is het goedkoper ? (This was written in my native Dutch language)

My nick/hack names on Atari where:

The Dutch Cracking Wizard (DCW!)

Stormtrooper of Death (SOD)

Edited by Stormtrooper of Death
  • Like 2

Oh, another thing, i also made the MEGAVIEW demo. a must-use easter egg, is...

use your joystick to scroll the mega-screen window... hehe. i did not mention it on the demo screen, just made the demo in 1991 for lulz. So, if any Atarian has this demo, try it with a joystick. (little secret)...

• Like 1