IGNORED

Lesser-known favorite games

Nebulon

Hello guys

Monex, Tep392's version of Pac-Man, Twomaze (like PacMan, but with a two player option, type-in published in ANALOG Computing), Crossfire, Cubico, Midimaze, Qix (5200 version, but plays on the XL/XE), Bombdown (Mines version that can be played using an ST Mouse that's adapted for the XL/XE), Cropky.

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy
  • Like 1

I always thought this looked pretty cool, but I'm yet to find any English instructions.

Polish instruction: http://atarionline.pl/biblioteka/materialy_o_grach/okladki/Hans_Kloss_(v1).djvu

Short translation (sorry for all bugs):

It's IInd Worl War. Hitler concerned spies infos about aliants offensive decided make new weapon...

So, You are Hans Kloss, Polish spy in Wermaht. You must find all planes hidden in "Wilczy Szaniec", casement of hittler. All planes are hidden in parts: 9 pictures and 12 texts. You must find it all.

Wilczy Szaniec is great location, so, you must eat and drink from time to time - to save your vital.

Keyboard shortcuts:

OPTION - turn music off

SELECT - turn music on

eating - stay at drink or meal and push fire

space - break

Esc - break ending

any other key - look at planes, which you have now ;)

Good luck.

• Like 1

Some games that I don't see mentioned too often in the U.S- are the adventure games by the U.K software house-Level 9.

Return to Eden was great, Red Moon was one of my favourite adventures of all time.

There were a couple of compilations of their games released for the Atari 8 bit range, The Jewels of Darkness trilogy and The Silicon Dreams trilogy.

As much as I love Infocom adventures, I actually prefer those from level 9.

• Like 2

Survivor by Synapse. Pretty cool concept...kind of like Sinistar but with stationary bases you have to take out. Pretty simple graphics but solid game play. Needs a remake.

Survivor is fun when played with more than one player as you can split control of the ship and control of the gun. What I like less is the tedious maneuvering, the very repetitive opponents and as far as I remember the anticlimactic end.

Polish instruction: http://atarionline.pl/biblioteka/materialy_o_grach/okladki/Hans_Kloss_(v1).djvu

Short translation (sorry for all bugs):

It's IInd Worl War. Hitler concerned spies infos about aliants offensive decided make new weapon...

So, You are Hans Kloss, Polish spy in Wermaht. You must find all planes hidden in "Wilczy Szaniec", casement of hittler. All planes are hidden in parts: 9 pictures and 12 texts. You must find it all.

Wilczy Szaniec is great location, so, you must eat and drink from time to time - to save your vital.

Keyboard shortcuts:

OPTION - turn music off

SELECT - turn music on

eating - stay at drink or meal and push fire

space - break

Esc - break ending

any other key - look at planes, which you have now ;)

Good luck.

Alright, thanks. Pretty simple. I thought it might be more complicated than that.

Thanks everyone.

The Atari 8-bit machines sure have an awesome library.

I realize now more than ever that I seriously missed out back in the day.

Oh well, better late than never... :)

Look forward to seeing your scores in the HSC ;)

Also Tank Commander and Computer War :!:

I highly recommend Whirlinurd as well - so full of humour, classy, technically brilliant and addictive! :)

Great game but seemed overly difficult - did you [anyone] ever complete any of the sections - think I once reached screen 7 on the first batch, but only the first few on the others.

Must play it again soon... IAMTHEHUNGRYDUDE :)

So, You are Hans Kloss, Polish spy in Wermaht. You must find all planes hidden in "Wilczy Szaniec", casement of hittler.

Yep, our hero has to collect all pieces of plans of the new ballistic missile. And "Wilczy Szaniec" is this place, Wolf's Lair / Wolfsschanze: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf%27s_Lair

One more thing: typing "HEAVY METAL" on title screen gives you unlimited energy.

Edited by +Adam+

Well these are my favorite games, but I am not sure whether they are unknown or not. I leave out the very known games.

11. Eckn+ (this game is brilliant!)

Thank you! I just created a small vid, where I show how I make some points in 2-min. mode:

Have fun!

• Like 1