IGNORED

SIO2SD firmware and loader software questions

ACML

I have recently acquired an excellent SIO2SD/PC Combo made by "santosp". I was contemplating buying one of Lotharek's also excellent devices, but this opportunity just popped up. I have a few questions:

1) It won't work on a 48K 400 or 800. It locks up on the SIO2SD Turbo screen. I think this is solved by turning high speed off. What is the key combination to turn high speed off?

2) Can I flash the firmware from the Polish SIO2SD site or is this a special firmware load since it also can be an SIO2PC via the USB cable?

3) It has the following behaviors with the SIO2SD loaders

ver 1.2) works great, has 4 on screen drives

ver 2.2) works great, has 4 on screen drives

ver 2.5) works great, has 8 on screen drives

ver 3.0 - 3.5) Boots, has 8 drives, but does not have the familiar A-S file selection window. I get control characters (no letters). Should I also see the A-S file selections?

Edited by ACML

Can't answer everything, but when you reboot after the SIO2SD turboscreen it reboots without Turbo.

I would love a feature too to switch the turbo boot system of, but remain High Speed.

The Turboloader loads a small High Speed loader on a certain memory location, with shift or select you can chose which memory location you want to use.

Perhaps the highspeed is too fast (Which causes locks up too). On my Sio2SD pressing shift 2 or 3 times fast after each other gets me in setup mode. Then with the first switch I can chose different configuration parts like the high speed pokey divisor.

Santosp SIO2SD/PC Combo was an awesome product with a nice price.

It's a standard SIO2SD device so it doesn't need special firmware.

It's a recent product so I don't think you need to update firmware.

V3.5 on-screen loader doesn't have the old A-S letters file selection.

You can find basic intructions on my website: www.santellocco.com/atari/sio2sd.htm#english

Santosp SIO2SD/PC Combo was an awesome product with a nice price.

It's a standard SIO2SD device so it doesn't need special firmware.

It's a recent product so I don't think you need to update firmware.

V3.5 on-screen loader doesn't have the old A-S letters file selection.

You can find basic intructions on my website: www.santellocco.com/atari/sio2sd.htm#english

Thanks for the gouge. Do you happen to have instructions on how to navigate file selection using loaders 3.0+ ? It's not intuitively obvious to this SIO2SD newbie. I get A-S, but the Rosetta stone for the arrow indications eludes me. I own two SDRIVEs (NUXX and Micro), so I'm interested in doing a comparison. Thanks!

As written on my website:

ON-SCREEN LOADER INSTRUCTIONS (v3.5)

ARROWS/JOYSTICK select file .xex or disk image .atr

KEYS 1-8 mount selected file/image into drives 1-8

CTRL+T lets you toggle between real drives / virtual drives

ESC climb directory tree

X (long press) restart computer with selected images

RETURN/FIRE enter directory/load file/disk image

While loading programs that don't need Basic, keep pressed OPTION key for a few seconds

When you leave on-screen loader, you can swap disk images from real drives to virtual drives pressing SIO2SD's SHIFT button + K3 button (grey button + Esc button on SIO2SD Micro).