IGNORED

8-bit presence at 2014 Midwest Gaming Classic?

Smokeless Joe

I just moved to Madison, WI so I'm pretty excited about attending my first Midwest Gaming Classic, but I'm really only interested in the Atari 8-bit line. I'm especially interested buying more Atari 8-bit hardware. I'm hoping to score a reasonably priced 1200XL, since I've only ever seen one in person once.

Does anyone know what kind of Atari 8-bit presence is expected at this year's MGC? Are any known Atari 8-bit vendors planning on being there?

Thanks!

-Joe

You would need to check their Midwest Gaming Classic website for vendors. They do have a Facebook page as well.

I went last year and it was pretty big, with sections for games, computers, and arcade / pinball as well. The Classic Gaming and Computer Museum was nice, it had several Atari 8-bits bits there including a 1090XL, but no guarantees it will be there this year unless the owner can make it. You can sit down and try out many different computers and gaming systems Lynx, Jaguar, etc.. I only saw a couple common Atari 8-bit cartridges for sale and a few Atari 8-bit systems but no 1200XL for sale, they did have a huge vendor area with many Atari 2600, NES, etc. so you never know if a new vendor will show or if an old one gets new items. There was one Jaguar game developer selling his wares there too. You may want to ask Tempest for more info. he has been there several times.

Edited by Defender II