IGNORED

Track & Field for 5200 on ebay: Buyer beware?

It is a fake in a way but it is a real, playable, and complete game. The prototype rom that is on the Net (and here on Atariage) is a finished game. Someone just put it on a eprom and made a cartridge from it. That auction is way over priced though. Nobody should pay more than $30 or so for a cartridge of it.

Albert will make you a cartridge for $30 right here: http://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=951

Allan

• Like 1

Cool , wondering if I could get a cart of Blaster .

There is a really nice label in the 5200 label thread. There is even a manual that two other people and myself made a few years ago.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/98329-atari-5200-blaster-manual/?hl=%2B5200+%2Bblaster+%2Bmanual&do=findComment&comment=1998423

The label is in this thread somewhere:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/57214-the-atari-5200-label-thread/page-15?hl=%2Batari+%2B5200+%2Blabel+%2Bthread&do=findComment&comment=2206391

Allan

Timmers_tippy is a rip off. I have no idea how he makes sales. I sold off a few doubles of 5200 carts I had. He bought a couple and is now selling them. For more than double than what he had paid me. These same carts, he's been trying to sell for almost 6 months now.

• Like 1

Timmers_tippy is a rip off. I have no idea how he makes sales. I sold off a few doubles of 5200 carts I had. He bought a couple and is now selling them. For more than double than what he had paid me. These same carts, he's been trying to sell for almost 6 months now.

I made a offer to timmers_tippy once,

I offered $1.50 less and his counteroffer was just 50 cents less :(

I love how the listing is worded in such a way where it can't really be construed as falsifying information. However, the listing IS very deceptive. Clearly the seller is hoping for an uneducated sucker to come along and buy what he/she may think is an actual rare cartridge from the early 80's, made by Atari.

An honest seller would indicate that it is a custom made labeled cartridge with the original prototype rom installed on the hardware. Most reputable sellers take more than one picture of an item that is listed at such a high price, so any prospective buyer can see it from all angles.

I made a offer to timmers_tippy once,

I offered $1.50 less and his counteroffer was just 50 cents less :(

He also sent me a counteroffer that was just 50 cents less and when I declined he sent me a message that he put me on his blocked bidders list + name-calling.

Not sure if he has realized yet that he is not going to sell a single game with such prices and attitude.

Edited by Andre81