IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

1. たくさんの素敵なお花をありがとうございます!「アケアカNEOGEO 100万ダウンロード感謝祭」ニコニコ生放送で配信中!ぜひご覧ください! http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv311034887 pic.twitter.com/dKrq6dpwfa

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

Thank you for a lot of wonderful flowers! "Akeaka neogeo million Download Thanksgiving" is being delivered on a live grin! Please take a look! http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv311034887

DXWlYVOU8AAfDcb.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. “アケアカNEOGEOシリーズ 100万ダウンロード感謝祭”で配信予定のべ18タイトル&“アーケードアーカイブス”にSNKの参入が発表! https://www.famitsu.com/news/201803/04153026.html pic.twitter.com/Ifp7uMMHMG

Translate from Japanese

"Akeaka NeoGeo series million download Thanksgiving" announced the entry of SNK in 18 titles & "Arcade Archives" to be delivered! https://www. famitsu.com/news/201803/04153026.html

DXbeVvaU8AEhPLG.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. KOF XIVの最新スクリーンショットを紹介! #SNK #KOF #KOFXIV #KOF14pic.twitter.com/yyaZL8UvHE

Translate from Japanese

Introducing the latest screenshots of KOF XIV! #SNK #KOF #KOFXIV #KOF14

DXfENcfVwAAWi7L.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hey there Anthony, and everyone -

While looking through all the issues of Diehard GameFan uploaded on archive.org, I was pleasantly surprised to see Magician Lord was featured in their Graveyard segment, for a second time.

But before we get to the GF Graveyard stuff, they first covered Magician Lord in Volume 1 Issue 05 (April 1993)

aTa8voE.jpg

qxdyOse.jpg1h0KuPN.jpg

The first Magician Lord Graveyard article was in Volume 3 Issue 01 (January 1995)

EMFl9uX.jpg

The second is in Volume 7 Issue 06 (June 1999), with NAM-1975 leading off that Graveyard segment.

8r0puob.jpgnd4v0MZ.jpg

Edited by Parallax Scroll
  • Like 2

So with these recent digital releases on the Switch, this next wave is said to include Ghost Pilots. Is this the first time Ghost Pilots has been released outside of MVS / AES / NeoCD? I don't believe it's ever been on a compilation or released digitally in any other form.

Hey, I believe you're right Chaos. Niice research on bringing this up. :thumbsup:

I have to say, as much as I like Ghost Pilots and its challenging levels, it never felt like a Neo-Geo title. It was more like and early TG-16 or Genesis game. But I do have to admit its worth playing and downloading on this gem of a title that's for sure. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hey there Anthony, and everyone -

While looking through all the issues of Diehard GameFan uploaded on archive.org, I was pleasantly surprised to see Magician Lord was featured in their Graveyard segment, for a second time.

But before we get to the GF Graveyard stuff, they first covered Magician Lord in Volume 1 Issue 05 (April 1993)

The first Magician Lord Graveyard article was in Volume 3 Issue 01 (January 1995)

The second is in Volume 7 Issue 06 (June 1999), with NAM-1975 leading off that Graveyard segment.

YES!YES!YES!!!!!!!!

My favorite title for the Neo-Geo Parallax. Great articles and pics you shared for us on the thread involving them. I remember reading them when I was in grade school and really put a smile on my face. 20+ years later, they still are doing what it did and certainly never a dull moment reading every word of it. :)

Thank you Parallax. This made my day! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anthony..

Hey, I believe you're right Chaos. Niice research on bringing this up. :thumbsup:

I have to say, as much as I like Ghost Pilots and its challenging levels, it never felt like a Neo-Geo title. It was more like and early TG-16 or Genesis game. But I do have to admit its worth playing and downloading on this gem of a title that's for sure. :)

Anthony..

Personally this game feels like 1943 Midway forced onto a horizontal monitor with no adjustment from it Vertical Vertical original play-style. This means its difficult since their is a lot less room on the monitor top and bottom and you will have limited reaction time from both enemy coming from the bottom of the screen, which generally doesn't happen on horizontal vertical games, and planes coming from the top especially since the plane is slow

Game feel Mega mannish, not the worst shootem up but it around average

• Like 1

The Fatal Fury Review Is Here!

Hahaha. Great video Dallas. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing this excellent and fun video of your review of Fatal Fury on the Fatal Fury Battle Archives. Were glad you shared this with us so we can enjoy it. Excellent material that you put into it and really glad Issac was Michael Max at the end. :-D

Thank you for the shout out to me and the Neo-Geo thread. Really appreciate it and we can't wait to see more from you with the Fatal Fury 2 sequel.

Keep up the great work as always Dallas. Glad to have you aboard the Neo-Geo thread and on Atariage.com. :)

Anthony...

• Like 2

Anthony..

Ghost Pilots is actually one of my favorite Neo Geo titles based on style and presentation, it's why I'm a bit bummed I missed out on Neo XYX, they have similarities.

• Like 2

Ghost Pilots is actually one of my favorite Neo Geo titles based on style and presentation, it's why I'm a bit bummed I missed out on Neo XYX, they have similarities.

Glad it is Chaos. I till have fond memories playing it in a Dairy Queen growing up with my brother.

You're in luck Chaos. Two auctions for Neo XYX is up on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-XYX-for-Neo-Geo-AES-ORIGINAL-RARE-No-1/263521478980?hash=item3d5b1aa944:g:iGEAAOSwrdhalWwC

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-XYX-for-Neo-Geo-AES-ORIGINAL-RARE-No-2/263521467283?hash=item3d5b1a7b93:g:Qm8AAOSwZ1FalWq6

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. DhyQwrp9_bigger.jpgReal Otaku Gamer @realotakugamer Mar 3
    More
    • Copy link to Tweet
    • Embed Tweet
    • Mute @realotakugamer
    • Unmute @realotakugamer
    • Block @realotakugamer
    • Unblock @realotakugamer
    • Report Tweet
    • Add to other Moment
    • Add to new Moment
    DXZ0H9pVoAAbxdN.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. Here it is at home on the shelf with some of my other Neo AES stuff. This NAM 1975 is the original carton box release, prior to SNK rolling out their plastic cases (which are far more durable for such heavy carts) #neogeo #snkpic.twitter.com/lkgNReOGS9

DW4f4FeWsAEOk7E.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member The Isolated Gamerz (Lais) with another finely detailed video that will be to your liking. Let's see him in action and reviewing King of Fighters R-2 on the NGPC shall we? :)

Also, thank you Sir Lais for the shout out to me and the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage.com. Much obliged kind sir. :)

From the description,

"Join the forums - To discuss the greatness of the Neo Geo.
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223548-the-official-neo-geo-thread/page-552?do=findComment&comment=3978770

King of Fighters R-2 is a fighting game released by SNK in 1999 for the Neo-Geo Pocket Color handheld system, part of The King of Fighters series.

Initial release date: 1999
Series: The King of Fighters
Developer: SNK
Publisher: SNK
Genre: Fighting game
Platforms: Neo Geo Pocket, Neo Geo Pocket Color

Twitter : https://twitter.com/isolated_gamerz

Not very good on social media. But if your on there, hit me up if you want to stay in touch and stuff :)

The views and opinions expressed on this channel are solely those of the author. The content within these recordings are property of their respective Designers, Writers, Creators, Owners, Organizations, Companies and Producers.

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3

Hello Anthony!

Its a honor to have you this post here. Thank you!!

The Neo Geo LOVE on this thread is real :) I hope everyone enjoys this video.

Not sure what went wrong with the video quality, will need to fix the lighting in the future vids, maybe audio too...
(My critic on my video aside)

If anyone is interested I will be covering a lot more NGPC games on my channel this coming year. Next up will be either Neo Turf Masters or Puzzle bobble mini.

I am also a noob-ish developer, feeling inspired by the some of these hand held gems. Wouldn't it be great to play these on the mobile? *Eurgh Touch controls >.< I hate them.

Playing video games inspires me to be a better person. TRUE STORY.

Lais

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member The Isolated Gamerz (Lais) with another finely detailed video that will be to your liking. Let's see him in action and reviewing King of Fighters R-2 on the NGPC shall we? :)

Also, thank you Sir Lais for the shout out to me and the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage.com. Much obliged kind sir. :)

From the description,

"Join the forums - To discuss the greatness of the Neo Geo.
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223548-the-official-neo-geo-thread/page-552?do=findComment&comment=3978770

King of Fighters R-2 is a fighting game released by SNK in 1999 for the Neo-Geo Pocket Color handheld system, part of The King of Fighters series.

Initial release date: 1999
Series: The King of Fighters
Developer: SNK
Publisher: SNK
Genre: Fighting game
Platforms: Neo Geo Pocket, Neo Geo Pocket Color

Twitter : https://twitter.com/isolated_gamerz

Not very good on social media. But if your on there, hit me up if you want to stay in touch and stuff :)

The views and opinions expressed on this channel are solely those of the author. The content within these recordings are property of their respective Designers, Writers, Creators, Owners, Organizations, Companies and Producers.

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted."

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hello Anthony!

Its a honor to have you this post here. Thank you!!

The Neo Geo LOVE on this thread is real :) I hope everyone enjoys this video.

Not sure what went wrong with the video quality, will need to fix the lighting in the future vids, maybe audio too...

(My critic on my video aside)

If anyone is interested I will be covering a lot more NGPC games on my channel this coming year. Next up will be either Neo Turf Masters or Puzzle bobble mini.

I am also a noob-ish developer, feeling inspired by the some of these hand held gems. Wouldn't it be great to play these on the mobile? *Eurgh Touch controls >.< I hate them.

Playing video games inspires me to be a better person. TRUE STORY.

Lais

Hi Sir Lais,

Thank you for stopping by and posting on the Neo-Geo thread.

Always a pleasure to see you on here and thank you for letting me share your video of your King Of Fighters R-2 on the thread for all of us to enjoy. Really well done material that you put together and the intro music is always fun to dance to. :-D

That's great to know that you will be covering more NGPC game in the immediate future. Maybe the Neo Turf Masters version for the handheld unit would be a good idea to be next. I personally like a good Golf game to relax with. :)

Also, were happy that you're developing games. If you like, we would be interested on seeing your works on your channel. I feel you'll be the next Shigeru Miyamoto or Yu Suzuki with your works us you continue on. :)

Thank you as always Lais. Glad to have you as a friend and member here on the thread. Keep up the great work and see you soon bro. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Anthony...

• Like 1