IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with DecepySwag. Here we see him discussing on how SNK plans to be the dominate figure in the fighting game community. I have my figures crossed hoping they will be. :)

From the description,

"DecepySwag discusses what SNK has been doing over the last year & a half with interviews, announcements and much more. Ever since the reveal of Fatal Fury COTW, SNK has been on a role like we've never seen. The hype from not just the SNK folks but the greater world is crazy, expansion of the work place and collaborations plus more. "

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Just spent $48 on Double Dragon for Neo Geo CD. It’s another great deal! If you are patient, you’ll find deals too!

Wow! That is a great deal Mike. You're on a role brother man. We can't wait to see what the next NGCD game will be. :)

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Announcement: We are supporting this tournament via our e-sports support program! https://start.gg/tournament/vortex-gallery-online-2024-1/details #SNK #SAMURAISHODOWN

S2UJPk9_?format=png&name=small

From start.gg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Anuncio: Estamos dando apoyo a este torneo a través de nuestro programa de ayuda e-sports! https://start.gg/tournament/cdm-el-infierno-22/details #SNK #KOFXV
Translated from Spanish by
Announcement: We are supporting this tournament through our e-sports support program! https://start.gg/tournament/cdm-el-infierno-22/details #SNK #KOFXV
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

qWRTv6Lb?format=jpg&name=small

From start.gg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

PRE ORDER NOW!! KIM KAPHWAN-THE KING OF FIGHTERS ‘98 UM Features: 3 x Interchangeable Head Sculpts 6 x Pairs of Hand 2 x Effect Estimated Release Date: Q1 2025 #kof #kof98 #kof98um #thekingoffighter #kimkaphwan #figures #actionfigures

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Pre-orders opened up again from FULLSET for Project Neon. Here's your chance to own a copy for those that couldn't do so last time fellas. :)

MVS Standard Collection is available again! If you're in the EU , this is your time, as future orders (after the first batch) will likely primarily ship from Australia .

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

Charlie Cat has done an amazing job at promoting Shadow Gangs Zero in this forum over the past many months.  Cheers!

As you all know, the core phase of the Kickstarter campaign ended on September 14, 2024 and was a smashing success.  At 231% to goal, the campaign not only far surpassed full funding, but it also unlocked the first stretch goal - i.e. having the female ninja as a playable character.

Due to very strong demand, the developer has decided to accept Late Pledges for those who missed out during the core campaign.  Here's the exciting part... The project is less than £1,000 away from reaching the next stretch goal:  2-player co-operative gameplay.  This will be a revolutionary feature, as none of the arcade and console Shinobi games had this 2-player simultaneous gameplay.

A reminder that Neo Geo is the lead development platform.  So for anyone who's been sitting on the sidelines so far, please help out by making a pledge.  It's going to be a party for sure!

Join the revolution here:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jkmcorp/shadow-gangs-zero

RVtxUByZZY5wZitmBHLt1YXym7gYNMbqOG83vnYA

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marcio D. said:

Hi Marcio,

Thank you for the kind words and a pleasure to see you on with us on the Neo-Geo thread kind sir. We appreciate you doing so and sharing the KickStarter information with us for others to beware as the campaign continues on for backers that didn't have a chance to do so, or didn't notice about it until recently. 

Also Marcio, your doing an excellent job on sharing @ShadowGangs material over on other sections of the forums like the Mega Drive/Genesis, Dreamcast, Playstation 5, Switch, etc. Keep up the superb work for the members and guests to take notice on how they can help Shadow Gangs Zero to be even more successful and how they can contribute even further. 

Thank you again for stopping by The Official NEO-GEO Thread Marcio. Were glad to have you aboard and looking forward to seeing you post away on here and throughout AtariAge.  :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Pre-orders opened up again from FULLSET for Project Neon. Here's your chance to own a copy for those that couldn't do so last time fellas. :)

MVS Standard Collection is available again! If you're in the EU , this is your time, as future orders (after the first batch) will likely primarily ship from Australia .

Anthony..

I got my MVS order in on the first batch, so I should be getting it in early December

some time. I can’t wait to play it! 

I’ll record some gameplay videos for the channel, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I got my MVS order in on the first batch, so I should be getting it in early December

some time. I can’t wait to play it! 

I’ll record some gameplay videos for the channel, too.

Good to know Mike. We look forward on seeing you play the game and having fun at the same time with it brother man. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

KOF 30th Anniversary Quiz  Foxy is a female leader of the secret society “NESTS” who participated in “KOF 2001” for the first time. She has a female partner who is also a NESTS executive. What is the name of the woman who watches over Kula together with Foxy? #KOF30th #KOF

GZ_A8nPWIAA01EP?format=jpg&name=small

Post #Diana
Post #Carolstanczak
Post #Azusaheyke
Post #Candydiamond

Anthony..

Hi guys,

「謎の設計図」 廃墟になったネスツの基地で、ウィップがこんな物を見つけました。設計図の右下の絵から見ると、K' XV Verに関するものらしいですけど...一体どういうことかしら? #KOF98UMOL #KOF
Translated from Japanese by
"Mysterious Blueprint" Whip found this in the ruins of the NESTS base. Judging from the picture in the bottom right of the blueprint, it looks like it's related to K' XV Ver... What does that even mean? #KOF98UMOL #KOF

GaKSqYKbkAA8B99?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【SPセール開催】 サポート&特殊制限型のストライカー「アテナNBC Ver」ST登場!味方全体に様々なバフ効果を付与し、敵に特殊な行動制限を付与できるぞ! イベント期間:10/21 05:00:00 - 10/25 05:00:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #アテナ
Translated from Japanese by
[Special sale] Introducing the support & special restriction type striker "Athena NBC Ver." ST! She can give various buff effects to all allies and give special action restrictions to enemies! Event Period: 10/21 05:00:00 - 10/25 05:00:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #アテナ
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GaALVZ7a0AAykUg?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

On 10/19/2024 at 10:13 PM, ColecoGamer said:

Just spent $48 on Double Dragon for Neo Geo CD. It’s another great deal! If you are patient, you’ll find deals too!

IMG_9600.thumb.jpeg.bddfce9c0ada54a0e44bee5a9b4a67b7.jpegIMG_9601.thumb.jpeg.cda2dc53827e32edabd7a132e5b78e8f.jpegIMG_9602.thumb.jpeg.285c52cd7b49e08d3e569c2b66d61c07.jpeg

I have this one, and had it fairly cheap also. An underrated fighter in my opinion..

Hi guys,

SNK explains why Chun-Li was chosen to join Ken in Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves as guest characters

EventHubs

SNK explains why Chun-Li was chosen to join Ken in Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves as guest characters

None
Posted by Dakota 'DarkHorse' Hills • October 20, 2024 at 7:04 p.m. PDT • Comments: 7

20-why-chunli-fatal-fury.webp

It seemed almost inevitable once Terry and Mai were confirmed for Street Fighter 6, and now we know a couple of Capcom's fighting game icons are heading to SNK's block party too.

The companies previously announced that Ken Masters and Chun-Li are coming to Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves after the game launches next year, but why those two fighters in particular?

Well, we recently covered what SNK had to say about Ken's inclusion along with his ties to Terry though they also had a bit to say about the strongest woman in the world too.

In the same interview with Famitsu that we translated, Fatal Fury Producer Yasuyuki Oda spoke a bit about the guest characters.

"When you think of Street Fighter, you think of Ryu and Ken, but they have a lot of similar moves so players would probably think 'I'd like a bit more variation here,'" said Oda as translated by our own Nick "MajinTenshinhan" Taylor. "So then from that, the next step is to decide between Ryu and Ken and actually, Ken and Terry had a lot of interactions back in Capcom vs. SNK.

"Also, if you're going to add someone like Ryu, from SNK I think that it'd make more sense to pair him with Ryo Sakazaki or Kyo Kusanagi, for Fatal Fury it's Ken. Then for the second one, we thought that it'd be best to add Chun-Li who's basically one of the icons of women in gaming."

He also continued on a bit farther about Chun specifically.

"I don't feel like Chun-Li has had as many changes as Ken has, but since Fatal Fury is a very high-mobility game we want to make sure she adapts well to that without feeling off from the character," said Oda.

Those changes mentioned seem to be in reference to how the world warriors have evolved over time and now necessarily how they've been adapted to Fatal Fury though it sounds like the developers want to capture the "images" of Chun and Ken that players have in their minds

The way they're talking, however, does indicate that Chun in particular may require some extra adjustments and tuning like if SNK gives her a run instead of a typical dash.

How she interacts with the REV system in City of the Wolves will also be interesting to see in how it'll interact with her charge moves canceling into each other since we haven't really seen much out of that type of input for the new Fatal Fury so far.

Plus, they'll also have the ability to put brakes on specials like Lightning Legs or Tensho Kicks to give her combo routes that wouldn't be possible in Street Fighter.

It is curious, though, that they don't bring up the rivalry between Chun-Li and Mai too as basically the earliest two female fighting game icons.

They may not have quite the same "relationship" as Ken and Terry, but the ladies have been depicted on opposing sides in past crossovers — and we'll potentially get to see them interact more when Mai comes to SF6 early next year before Fatal Fury releases.

Unfortunately, we probably won't be seeing what Ken and Chun actually look like in action in the hands of SNK considering Mr. Masters is slated as the second DLC character for the game in Summer 2025 while Chun-Li won't be coming until next Winter.

From the teaser and promotional image used so far, they may be sporting their Street Fighter 6 designs over their classic costumes.

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves is slated to launch on April 24, 2025 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and PC while those who pre-order the game will also receive that Season Pass 1 as well as Terry's nostalgia outfit and 3 days early access for no additional charge.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

[FATAL FURY: CotW] LIVE! Catch some furious FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves sets over on the game’s Steam store page! Streaming now until about 12:30 PM JST (8:30 PM PDT)! Tune in to the livestream below: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2492040/_City_of_the_Wolves/ #FatalFury #CotW #Steam

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#MetalSlugAwakening #JointOperation #UpdateInfo Metal Slug Mission Start! Commanders, Joint Operation: Abyss mode is going to be fully updated. New maps, new mechanics await commanders to come and challenge, and there are new cores waiting for you to obtain!

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#MetalSlugAwakening #FreeBenefits Metal Slug Mission Start! Attention, Metal Slug Squad! New weapons and characters have been fully launched! Now, log in to the game to receive free benefits! Get ready to embrace new challenges!

Anthony..