IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

So quite a few hours later here is some updates.

Siemitsu buttons and joy sticks installed, but I still need to build a new harness for

the control panel.

Wiring harness has been rewired and rerouted and still no evidence that this isolation transformer was ever removed /installed.  I’ve been told that there is a possibility that the isolation transformer is actually installed in the monitor, which may explain a lot.

The last 5 pictures show the connectors  (power/ RGB)  that go from the pedestal to the monitor, and then here are some pictures of the boards behind the monitor itself. I see a lot of transformers that maybe be an iso transformer, but not sure 

any feedback is always appreciated.

Also I hope it’s okay to post so many pictures on here. And if not I apologize in advanced.

3F395C9D-252D-4EF5-9614-6E2DDDCB6BDC.jpeg

B7894376-171F-4BC8-A35A-06A3079F4001.jpeg

464DE157-D7F6-4627-8EE2-A6005A018F28.jpeg

BBC88A34-01C5-4E03-AD56-FEF48D1EFDD6.jpeg

AA4FBAE2-55A4-431C-B809-CF7A5B1BE037.jpeg

768BF669-8A50-445E-AD42-765A443A2B41.jpeg

3B601442-0554-43E3-9404-87F13CDDF72D.jpeg

15AB3AEA-D19F-4AA0-B094-065CF331CFF4.jpeg

8EBE118B-5734-42B9-9638-3B4B3C21F724.jpeg

E38B9E76-DA3D-49D7-8495-36A445E4F6BB.jpeg

3BCB7781-1A41-4270-85D2-DD521BF8435B.jpeg

3B9BFE2A-6A5F-4E2C-81E1-5DBBCF1E591C.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/29/2022 at 11:11 PM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Neo Mr. Do released in 1996 for the Neo Geo. It was an update of the classic 1982 arcade game and features 2-player co-op play. #NeoGeo #SNK #RETROGAMING #retrogames #arcade #MrDo

Anthony..

For me it always will be Digger for the Neo-Geo 😅, never got the chance to play it in the arcades (or any other Mr. Do) so when i got to play it through emulation many years later it looked to me like a modern bootleg version of Digger (we called it "Lagarto"), an old MS DOS game my family played a lot 😂

On 8/31/2022 at 12:40 AM, Charlie Cat said:

Glad to see you back with us mastro. :thumbsup: :)

Oh wow! So glad you enjoy Zupapa for the Neo-Geo bro. I agree, it's a fun cutesy looking game that offers plenty for the gamer to pass the time. It came about during the final year of the original SNK before it folded. But they still did their best to offer quality video games like this gem of a title. 

Now I fell like playing it mastro. Thank you for stopping by to hare your thoughts regarding Zupapa. Been a while since I played it. Time to warm up to test my skills again with it :) 

Anthony..

I think it was a bit dated in the graphic department at the time of release... i remember than during the last few years of the NeoGeo, some of the games released were old, completed but unreleased (at that point ) games, not sure if Zupapa was one of them but i think so.

8 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Ooh La La @NeoPancho :lust:

Anthony..

You always pick the best art out there! 😅

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Foolycoolyguy said:

So quite a few hours later here is some updates.

Siemitsu buttons and joy sticks installed, but I still need to build a new harness for

the control panel.

Wiring harness has been rewired and rerouted and still no evidence that this isolation transformer was ever removed /installed.  I’ve been told that there is a possibility that the isolation transformer is actually installed in the monitor, which may explain a lot.

The last 5 pictures show the connectors  (power/ RGB)  that go from the pedestal to the monitor, and then here are some pictures of the boards behind the monitor itself. I see a lot of transformers that maybe be an iso transformer, but not sure 

any feedback is always appreciated.

Also I hope it’s okay to post so many pictures on here. And if not I apologize in advanced.

Hi Fooly,

Glad to see you back on with us and sharing your latest pics of your Neo 50 II unit bro.

Man, I really like the progress that you done on the unit. A fantastic step in the right direction with cleaning and adding the nice Siemitsu buttons and joystick added on to your cabinet. Sorry about the isolation transformer still being a nuisance on what it has to be for. But if it was part of the monitor, then your right. It does explain a lot. Any luck receiving a new one in the mail yet bro?

I like how the 4 slot board looks inside it and ready to be put to use. Do you have a list of the games you have in mind to install in them? We would love to see you create YouTube videos and listen in on a history of you with the Neo-Geo and how you acquired this beauty of a piece in your awesome game room. ;-)

And no worries of of the multiple pics Fooly. In fact, we would love to see more of them. Seeing them (like the rest of our members share) motivates us to try to do the same and accomplish projects with our own two hands. So feel free to keep them coming bro. :thumbsup:

Thank you as always for sharing your progress and plans next on your Neo 50 II piece Fooly. Looking forward on seeing more from you. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【重要】9/3(土),9/4(日)開催のSPECIAL DAYイベント「庵DAY」についてご案内致します。 画像の注意事項をよくご確認の上、お越しください。 #BAR_KOF #akibaTVG #INDOR
Translated from Japanese by
[Important] We will inform you about the SPECIAL DAY event "An DAY" held on 9/3 (Sat) and 9/4 (Sun). Please check the precautions on the image carefully before coming. #BAR_KOF #akibaTVG #INDOR

FbnbgkpaMAAsRZE?format=jpg&name=900x900

Fbnbg0gaUAA1jDU?format=jpg&name=360x360

FbnbhDNaUAAnF5d?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】「TVGオリジナル京キャンバス」は、現在まだ在庫がございますが、9/3(土)と9/4(日)は配布を一時休止致します。 9/3(土)と9/4(日)は、8,800円以上のお会計でも【庵DAYノベルティのみの配布】となりますのでご注意ください。 #BAR_KOF #akibaTVG
[Notice] "TVG Original Kyoto Canvas" is still in stock, but distribution will be temporarily suspended on 9/3 (Sat) and 9/4 (Sun). Please note that on 9/3 (Sat.) and 9/4 (Sun.), even if you spend 8,800 yen or more, [Ann DAY novelty only will be distributed]. #BAR_KOF #akibaTVG
Quote Tweet

PxdQEKrD_mini.pngTOKYO VIDEO GAMERS@TVG_INDOR · Aug 29
【緊急企画!!】TVGオリジナル京キャンバスまだもうちょっとだけあります BAR KOFコラボ商品含む8,800円(税込)以上のお会計で1枚プレゼント 数に限りがあり、残りわずかです #BAR_KOF #akibaTVG #SNK #INDOR

Anthony.

Hi guys,

ログインキャンペーン】 本日より5日間、ログインした皆さまに [ニーナイベントコイン×200個]をプレゼント 9/1、9/3、9/5には ダイモス基地用HPポーションもお届け 開催期間:9/1 10:00~9/5 23:59 受取時間:10:00 ~23:59 #KOFAS #KOF #鉄拳7 #TEKKEN7
[  Login Campaign  ] To everyone who logged in for 5 days from today Present [Nina event coin x 200]  On 9/1, 9/3, and 9/5, HP potions for Deimos base will also be delivered  Period :9 /1 10:00~9/5 23:59 Pick-up time: 10:00-23:59 #KOFAS #KOF #鉄拳7 #TEKKEN7

Anthony..

Hi guys,

/ 『鉄拳7』コラボ 新規ファイターのご紹介! \ ROUND3 ツキノヨルオロチノチニクルフイオリVS #デビル仁 デビル仁の魅力ポイントをお届け! ぜひコミュニティにて デビル仁のカッコいいスキルを チェックしてみましょう! 詳細▼ https://forum.netmarble.com/kofas/view/7/14663 #KOFAS #KOF #鉄拳7 #TEKKEN7
/ Introducing the new Tekken 7 collaboration fighter! \  ROUND3  Tsukinoyororochinochikurufuiori VS #デビル仁 Deliver Devil Jin's attractive points! Be sure to check out Devil Jin's cool skills in the community!  Details ▼ https://forum.netmarble.com/kofas/view/7/14663 #KOFAS #KOF #鉄拳7 #TEKKEN7

Anthony..

Hi guys,

My full set of original (not conversions) Japanese Metal Slug carts for the Neo Geo. Some of these are hella expensive now, running into mid four figures #NeoGeo #MetalSlug #AES #RETROGAMING #retrogamer

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Vinyl Merch at #gamescom I couldn't believe my eyes my friends. I've been to Gamescom since 2012 and it grew to something very special. To say the least! #vinyl #metalslug #magicianlord #neogeo #streetfighter #retrogames #soundtrack #gamescom2022

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This is my #NeoGeoMVS collection. I started collecting back in 2015, my first games were Metal Slug 1, Puzzle Bobble and King of Monsters 2. I'm thinking to create and design a calendar for 2023 with the coolest Neo Geo MVS titles. 12 Neo Geo Games. Print calender 

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【MSA 設定資料】 新規ユニット「フラン」のキャラクター設定資料を公開! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック
[MSA setting materials] The character setting materials for the new unit “Fran” have been released! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック

FbidU9uXkAE3FVc?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 本日より9月8日まで新イベント「SPACE MONSTER」を開催中! ステージをクリアして「宇宙怪獣ヴァイウォーム」をゲット! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220901_01c6h4w.html
[MSA Notice] A new event "SPACE MONSTER" is being held from today until September 8th! Clear the stage and get "Space Monster Viworm"! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220901_01c6h4w.html

Fbi3qAaXgAAx3yq?format=jpg&name=small

Fbi3qAbWIAAGAll?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 9月3日まで「PREMIUM CRANK」を開催! 「PREMIUM引換券」を手に入れて、「PREMIUM SHOP」で好きなユニットと交換しましょう! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220901_02v8bg0.html
[MSA update information] "PREMIUM CRANK" will be held until September 3rd! Get a "PREMIUM exchange ticket" and exchange it for your favorite unit at the "PREMIUM SHOP"! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220901_02v8bg0.html

Fbi4yz_WIAAWS-B?format=jpg&name=360x360

Fbi4yz-WQAIula_?format=jpg&name=360x360

Fbi4y0PXwAAeM6f?format=jpg&name=360x360

Fbi4y0IXgAEfEuY?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

On 9/2/2022 at 12:13 AM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi Fooly,

Glad to see you back on with us and sharing your latest pics of your Neo 50 II unit bro.

Man, I really like the progress that you done on the unit. A fantastic step in the right direction with cleaning and adding the nice Siemitsu buttons and joystick added on to your cabinet. Sorry about the isolation transformer still being a nuisance on what it has to be for. But if it was part of the monitor, then your right. It does explain a lot. Any luck receiving a new one in the mail yet bro?

I like how the 4 slot board looks inside it and ready to be put to use. Do you have a list of the games you have in mind to install in them? We would love to see you create YouTube videos and listen in on a history of you with the Neo-Geo and how you acquired this beauty of a piece in your awesome game room. ;-)

And no worries of of the multiple pics Fooly. In fact, we would love to see more of them. Seeing them (like the rest of our members share) motivates us to try to do the same and accomplish projects with our own two hands. So feel free to keep them coming bro. :thumbsup:

Thank you as always for sharing your progress and plans next on your Neo 50 II piece Fooly. Looking forward on seeing more from you. :)

Anthony...

Once everything is up and running I plan on playing some Pulstar, lost hope, xeno Crisis, iron clad, matrimele, galaxy fight, waku waku 7 , metal slugs… you name it !! I love all the obscure fighters Neo geo put out. Magician lord will look freaking awesome on here.  Even puzzle bobble will be fun.  With the screen so big I honestly can’t wait to see how beautiful the sprites look albeit on a rear projection but still. ( all my games are basically bootlegs…  running off v4 Unibios)

im also contemplating having a darksoft modded Cps2 In here.  My real concern is will it work, and how does it work.  From my understanding what set apart the neo 50ii was its ability to play mvs and jamma natively.  In one of the pictures I posted you can see the connectors labeled jamma and mvs. But does anyone have insight to how this is made possible? I certainly don’t want to risk blowing out the sound chip  on my darksoft cps2 or causing any other damage.

lots more work ahead !!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Excellent Fooly. Will be thrilled to see them from. Thank you as always for what you do and sharing your progress bro. 8^)

Anthony..

Some how I didn’t post this in the body of the message… messaging on mobile right now.

Once everything is up and running I plan on playing some Pulstar, lost hope, xeno Crisis, iron clad, matrimele, galaxy fight, waku waku 7 , metal slugs… you name it !! I love all the obscure fighters Neo geo put out. Magician lord will look freaking awesome on here.  Even puzzle bobble will be fun.  With the screen so big I honestly can’t wait to see how beautiful the sprites look albeit on a rear projection but still. ( all my games are basically bootlegs…  running off v4 Unibios)

im also contemplating having a darksoft modded Cps2 In here.  My real concern is will it work, and how does it work.  From my understanding what set apart the neo 50ii was its ability to play mvs and jamma natively.  In one of the pictures I posted you can see the connectors labeled jamma and mvs. But does anyone have insight to how this is made possible? I certainly don’t want to risk blowing out the sound chip  on my darksoft cps2 or causing any other damage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foolycoolyguy said:

Some how I didn’t post this in the body of the message… messaging on mobile right now.

Once everything is up and running I plan on playing some Pulstar, lost hope, xeno Crisis, iron clad, matrimele, galaxy fight, waku waku 7 , metal slugs… you name it !! I love all the obscure fighters Neo geo put out. Magician lord will look freaking awesome on here.  Even puzzle bobble will be fun.  With the screen so big I honestly can’t wait to see how beautiful the sprites look albeit on a rear projection but still. ( all my games are basically bootlegs…  running off v4 Unibios)

Sounds like a great plan Fooly. Excellent selection of titles you have in mind. Magician Lord?! That happens to be my favorite title and first game I ever played on the Neo-Geo. Now that's something I would certainly love seeing on your Neo 5o unit for sure. :thumbsup: :)

Interesting! A Darksoft modded CPS2 on the Neo 50. That's very interesting. I don't believe i ever saw that done before on that particular cabinet. That would be a new one on me. 

In regards to the question, I think @Reaperman @enoofu and @Tanooki are best to answer this for you. I'm sure they know the answers.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【9/4(日)分在庫あります】BAR KOF SPECIAL DAY「庵DAY」限定ノベルティ引換券はレジにてご用意致しております。ご希望の方はスタッフにお申し付けください。 ※お引渡しの注意事項などは引用元のツイートをご一読ください。 ※本日は「京キャンバス」は配布しておりません。 #BAR_KOF #akibaTVG
[In stock for 9/4 (Sunday)] BAR KOF SPECIAL DAY "An DAY" limited novelty exchange ticket is available at the cash register. Please ask the staff if you would like to use it. ※ Please read the quoted tweet for notes on delivery. ※ "Kyo canvas" is not distributed today. #BAR_KOF #akibaTVG
Quote Tweet

PxdQEKrD_mini.pngTOKYO VIDEO GAMERS@TVG_INDOR  Sep 1
【重要】9/3(土),9/4(日)開催のSPECIAL DAYイベント「庵DAY」についてご案内致します。 画像の注意事項をよくご確認の上、お越しください。 #BAR_KOF #akibaTVG #INDOR

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【バトコミュ侍魂エントリーリスト】※随時更新 戦う事で分かり合える者達へ TO3の夏祭りの開催が近づいてきました エントリーの〆切は9/15(木) 23:59まで! リストはこちらのツイートリプ欄に随時更新で 掲載していきます! #サムライスピリッツ #BattleCommunication #TO3
[Batocommu Samurai Spirits Entry List] ※ updated from time to time For those who can understand each other through fighting  TO3's summer festival is approaching  The entry deadline is 9/15 (Thursday) 23:59! The list will be updated as needed in this tweet reply column! #サムライスピリッツ #BattleCommunication #TO3

FbnrbKOVUAUUXIn?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..