IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys

【バトコミュKOF15エントリーリスト】※随時更新 戦う事で分かり合える者達へ TO3の夏祭りの開催が近づいてきました エントリーの〆切は9/22(木) 23:59まで! リストはこちらのツイートリプ欄に随時更新で 掲載していきます! #KOF15 #BattleCommunication #TO3
Translated from Japanese by
[Batocommu KOF15 Entry List] ※ updated from time to time For those who can understand each other through fighting  TO3's summer festival is approaching  The entry deadline is 9/22 (Thu) 23:59! The list will be updated as needed in this tweet reply column! #KOF15 #BattleCommunication #TO3

FbnsQsVUEAA_8in?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 9月7日まで「復刻 FEVER CRANK」を開催! 「不知火舞/ゴルデネス・クリーガ/リンファ」を獲得することができます! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220905_01q93cq.html
[MSA update information] "Reprint FEVER CRANK" will be held until September 7th! You can get "Mai Shiranui/Goldeneth Kriega/Linfa"! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220905_01q93cq.html

Fb3eDBYX0AA4I-F?format=jpg&name=360x360

Fb3eDBVX0AQruX9?format=jpg&name=360x360

Fb3eDBXWIAAoCul?format=jpg&name=360x360

Fb3eDBYXoAAlLnx?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【緊急企画!!】TVGオリジナル京キャンバス&庵ランチョンマットまだもうちょっとだけあります BAR KOFコラボ商品含む8,800円(税込)以上のお会計でどちらかお好きな方をお1つプレゼント 数に限りがあり、残りわずか、なくなり次第終了です #BAR_KOF #akibaTVG #SNK #INDOR
[Urgent Project!!] TVG Original Kyoto Canvas & Hermitage Placemats are still available  One gift of your choice for purchases of 8,800 yen (tax included) or more, including BAR KOF collaboration products  The number is limited, there are only a few left, and it will end as soon as it is gone  #BAR_KOF #akibaTVG #SNK #INDOR

Fb22jF2agAEZJkg?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Your Top 8 Champions for our King Of Fighters XV #KOFXV here at #ECT22                

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Welp, looks like Gunlord X RE/CE for the NSW will be delayed until December of 2022. Not surprising seeing the team is well known for setbacks and holdups. :|

Gunlord X RE/CE gets delayed:

Gunlord RE/CE for NSW delay

Posted by Timm Hellwig on September 1, 2022

Dear customers,

we unfortunately need to postpone the release of Gunlord X regular and CE to at least December. Due to delays with the cartridges and figurine manufacturing. Realistically we expect further delays by a few months as the CV19 situation may worsen in winter.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with Mat from Arcade Sunday, Here we see the kind sir playing Money Puzzle Exchanger. Let's see how it is shall we? :)

From the description,

"In this video, I showcase a unique, but little known title released to the Neo-Geo system by "Face". This is Money Puzzle Exchanger ! The game features a head to head puzzle, a "solo" moade and a player v.s CPU mode. Super fun to play (once you get the hang of it). Paralells have been drawn between this game and the "Magical Drop" series of games."

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにてSAMURAI SPIRITSのチーム戦大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ
[Notice] The SAMURAI SHODOWN team competition will be held online. Please join us! #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにてKOF XVのチーム戦大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! #SNK #KOFXV
[Notice] The KOF XV Team Battle Tournament will be held online. Please join us! #SNK #KOFXV

Anthony..

Hi guys,

11日まで延長のbar kof 京といおりんのアクスタも残りわずか #KOF15 #KOFXV #SNK
bar kof extended to 11 days  There are only a few Kyo and Orin acstas left  #KOF15 #KOFXV #SNK

Fb5Y11qUEAAQkLF?format=jpg&name=large

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

In regards to Final Vendetta for the Neo-Geo by Bitmap Bureau, here's the latest on when the pre-orders will open.

Hi Mike and the rest of the great men & women at @BitmapBureau . Any information regarding pre-orders for Final Vendetta for the Neo-Geo? I really want this for the AES for sure. 8^)

Hey Anthony, we're aiming to open pre-orders in the next few weeks - still trying to work out the final meg count before we can get the covers and manuals printed. :)

Oh wow! That's excellent to know. Looking forward on pre-ordering for sure Mike. 8^)

Anthony.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I remember seeing this in EGM in 1993. I was stunned on the adequate score the Neo-Geo received at the time.  Should've been a 10 across the board. :)

But wait! There’s more. Here are the 1993 system reviews. A sort of midway point for the generation…

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Just look at those prices for a Neo-Geo AES in Pounds. Cheap! :D

Look at those Neo Geo game prices! £15 a pop!  Found in the back of CUBE magazine circa 2001… #NeoGeo #SNK #Y2K #Retrogaming #TG16 #PCengine

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Look at those console and games ready to be played. I want the Neo-Geo of course. :D

Anthony..

• Like 1

Just now, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Just look at those prices for a Neo-Geo AES in Pounds. Cheap! :D

Look at those Neo Geo game prices! £15 a pop!  Found in the back of CUBE magazine circa 2001… #NeoGeo #SNK #Y2K #Retrogaming #TG16 #PCengine

Anthony..

You need to buy a game at normal price (around $200) or the console to buy a game with sale price.

Note: I'm no familiar with pound sterling 

Turbo Grafx 16 in UK. I thought it was PC engine unless it was an import console from U.S.A.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Serguei2 said:

You need to buy a game at normal price (around $200) or the console to buy a game with sale price.

Note: I'm no familiar with pound sterling 

Turbo Grafx 16 in UK. I thought it was PC engine unless it was an import console from U.S.A.

Good to see you as always @Serguei2:)

*Tisk-Tisk-Tisk* There's always a catch. Especially with Neo-Geo offers. :D

Anthony...

Hi guys,

New video from Kimera GameSoft on their upcoming game "Operation: Killmeister"

And read this from them on the comment section. A collectors edition of only 50 being manufactured 

From the description,

"This is the first unedited video capture of [Operation: Killmeister]. Its is actually running at 60fps on a NeoGeo emulator. The video consists of the game attract mode - english version (without demo gameplay however). Next videos will be - the japanese version, - actual gameplay!"

Appart from the regular AES and MVS releases, there will likely be an AES collector edition limited to 50 units. You may want to subscribe our mailing list to get exclusive news when the time comes!

Anthony..

I have a couple of questions. I'm new to the Neo Geo AES, as I just recently acquired a silver system on eBay. Question number one is how rare are the silver system bundles? Mine is a NTSC US model Neo AEC. Somehow it managed to come from a US seller on eBay but it shipped from like Hong Kong or taiwan. The system does play everything in English and it does have the box in the serial number matches. From what I've heard the silver bundle was very limited in the US. This set seems to be so rare but not very valuable compared to the gold system. 

Also I just purchased the 161 in one multi cart. Does anybody know if there is a video or a tutorial for all of the fixes to set the voltages right and to get all the buggy games running properly? I am very proficient with soldering so that's not a problem I would just need to have a guide to tell me what needs to be added or fixed. The multi-cart as it is is okay but definitely has plenty of its own problems.

Thanks for all of the help in advance.

Edited by vintagegamecrazy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, vintagegamecrazy said:

I have a couple of questions. I'm new to the Neo Geo AES, as I just recently acquired a silver system on eBay. Question number one is how rare are the silver system bundles? Mine is a NTSC US model Neo AEC. Somehow it managed to come from a US seller on eBay but it shipped from like Hong Kong or taiwan. The system does play everything in English and it does have the box in the serial number matches. From what I've heard the silver bundle was very limited in the US. This set seems to be so rare but not very valuable compared to the gold system. 

Also I just purchased the 161 in one multi cart. Does anybody know if there is a video or a tutorial for all of the fixes to set the voltages right and to get all the buggy games running properly? I am very proficient with soldering so that's not a problem I would just need to have a guide to tell me what needs to be added or fixed. The multi-cart as it is is okay but definitely has plenty of its own problems.

Thanks for all of the help in advance.

Hi Vintage,

Thank you for stopping by the Neo-Geo thread and congrats on becomeing a Neo-Geo AES owner. We hope you new console in your collection will give you many years of enjoyment and would love to see you build a collection of games for your Neo-Geo. Thank you for letting us know and will be glad to help you with questions. :)

Now, in regards to your first inquiry, yes, the Silver System bundle for the Neo-Geo AES are harder to find. Since it made more logical sense to purchase the Gold System bundle due to being cheaper to buy as a package deal instead of spending more for another controller and game separately at MSRP on both. The problem is that when it comes to sales figures, it's difficult to know the exact numbers. The best way to answer this is by the serial numbers on the units and they went over in the 330,000+ numbers and continued into production until 1997. The best to most of the communities knowledge is around the mid 300,000 or close to the 400,000 mark. 

With question 2 with the 161-in-1 cart. Do you happen to buy the MVS or AES version of the cart vintage. Because if you did so with the MVS version to use a converter, here a video from AtariAge member GadgetUK that can assist you with that problem.

Hope this helps you Vintage. Feel free to ask anymore questions and will do our best to be of assistance bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vintagegamecrazy said:

My silver us system serial number 062527. Seems like a very low serial number for this version.

I also bought the AES version of the multi cart. Not sure if the MVS one is the same or not.

Hi Vintage,

It's a good number to have. There are lower numbers for the Neo-Geo AES for the Neo-AEC versions. One of mine is in the 15,000 range and having a few repaired in the same number set.

Ah, good. I heard that the AES version help fixed a good amount of the issues compared to the MVS version. Are you experiencing any troubles?

Anthony..

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, vintagegamecrazy said:

I was also reading about that the AES cartridge uses more power than  original AES games Vintage. On Aliexpress, it says the following. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251832790623627.html?srcSns=sns_Copy&spreadType=socialShare&bizType=ProductDetail&tt=MG&aff_platform=default&mergeHashcode=78914430186&description=US %2439.99 | NEW NEOGEO AES 161 in 1 Version 2 Game Cartridge and ShockBox for SNK NEO GEO Console&title=US %2439.99 | NEW NEOGEO AES 161 in 1 Version 2 Game Cartridge and ShockBox for SNK NEO GEO Console&platform=AE&aff_fcid=7c695761e7414e48814af2c6497f084e-1662530883107-09453-_m0I8M7H&aff_fsk=_m0I8M7H&sk=_m0I8M7H&aff_trace_key=7c695761e7414e48814af2c6497f084e-1662530883107-09453-_m0I8M7H&businessType=ProductDetail&terminal_id=4fa20910b319470285039db867efeda4&templateKey=white_backgroup_101&afSmartRedirect=y&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

CAUTION!! This game cartridge consume more power than a original AES game cartridge! Please check the label on your AES bottom case, and confirm what model of the power adaptor you use!

PRO-POW, PRO-POW2, PRO-POW-PAL and PRO-POW-UL system request 5V DC 5A.

UTB8Z1HFxevJXKJkSajhq6A7aFXa2.jpg

PRO-POW3 and PRO-POW-E system request 10V~12V DC 3A-5A

UTB8lXSkQGrFXKJk43Ovq6ybnpXa9.jpg

Anthony..