IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Besides Final Vendetta from Bitmap Bureau, remember that indie developer from Australia called FULLSET? They were developing a Neo-Geo title for the AES and MVS a few years back called "Project NEON". But we haven't heard much from the team for the longest time. So I ask them the question on how their progress was coming regarding the game. This is what they had to say. 

Hi Fellas. Been a while since we last chat. How's thing coming along with Project NEON. Also, are you fellas still taking pre-orders? I have a few members that I know that are interested on ordering AES copies from you. 8^)

Thanks for the ping fellas! We’re close to the finish line and will post a new update soon, including new footage!  Pre-orders will resume as soon as the game is finished and we got the final costs for the PCB production.

For those that are interested for the first time knowing about it, or rings a bell to others about the game. Here's more information on Project NEON. from their order page.

https://fullset.io/collections/project-neon/products/project-neon-aes-collectors-edition-preorder

"Project Neon is a new, vertical / TATE style Shoot 'Em Up (shmup), developed for the original Neo Geo MVS / AES platform. It features a 1-2 player mode, with all the bells and whistles of a classic shoot 'em up that you would expect, spiced up with some modern and unique concepts and game mechanics.

FEATURES

• Rock solid 60fps action, parallax scrolling and beautiful animated sprites 
  • Five distinctive levels and screen-filling end boss fights
  • Vibrant pixel-art graphics
  • Huge variety of enemies and weapons
  • Tight controls with dedicated focus on minimal/zero lag
  • Co-op mechanics
  • A strangely familiar antagonist

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Besides Final Vendetta from Bitmap Bureau, remember that indie developer from Australia called FULLSET? They were developing a Neo-Geo title for the AES and MVS a few years back called "Project NEON". But we haven't heard much from the team for the longest time. So I ask them the question on how their progress was coming regarding the game. This is what they had to say. 

Hi Fellas. Been a while since we last chat. How's thing coming along with Project NEON. Also, are you fellas still taking pre-orders? I have a few members that I know that are interested on ordering AES copies from you. 8^)

Thanks for the ping fellas! We’re close to the finish line and will post a new update soon, including new footage!  Pre-orders will resume as soon as the game is finished and we got the final costs for the PCB production.

For those that are interested for the first time knowing about it, or rings a bell to others about the game. Here's more information on Project NEON. from their order page.

https://fullset.io/collections/project-neon/products/project-neon-aes-collectors-edition-preorder

"Project Neon is a new, vertical / TATE style Shoot 'Em Up (shmup), developed for the original Neo Geo MVS / AES platform. It features a 1-2 player mode, with all the bells and whistles of a classic shoot 'em up that you would expect, spiced up with some modern and unique concepts and game mechanics.

FEATURES

• Rock solid 60fps action, parallax scrolling and beautiful animated sprites 
  • Five distinctive levels and screen-filling end boss fights
  • Vibrant pixel-art graphics
  • Huge variety of enemies and weapons
  • Tight controls with dedicated focus on minimal/zero lag
  • Co-op mechanics
  • A strangely familiar antagonist

Anthony..

Anthony, do you know if they will release an MVS cartridge? Their website only shows AES, which is already sold out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

Anthony, do you know if they will release an MVS cartridge? Their website only shows AES, which is already sold out.

Hi Mike,

Yes, they will be opening pre-orders for the MVS as well. A Collectors Edition and Standard Edition will be the two choices bro. :)

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Back with Mat from Arcade Sunday. Here we see him with part 43of the series on the Neo-Geo resurrection series that he's sarin with us. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Episode 166: In this video series, I showcase some of my old arcade spares which were collected from the cabinets that I got hold of, for purposes of hacking them to run GroovyArcade (or some form of Arcade emulation). I've decided to (temporarily) un-do the work done to my "original" MVS Arcade cabinet. The cabinet is interesting, as it was unique to the UK. A company called "Lordsvale Leisure" developed and built these cabinets, based around a SNK Neo-Geo two slot board. Watch out for the final part (part 4) next week! Cheers for now!"

Anthony..

Hi guys,

開催中 『SAMURAI SPIRITS』&『餓狼 MARK OF THE WOLVES』のPOPUP SHOPが開催 ▼先行通販:8月22日(月)~ ▼店舗発売日:9月23日(金)~10月5日(水) ▼場所:A3Store 詳細はリプライへ #SNK #餓狼MotW #サムスピ
Translated from Japanese by
 being held  "SAMURAI SPIRITS" & "GAROU MARK OF THE WOLVES" POPUP SHOP will be held  ▼ Pre-sale: August 22nd (Monday) ~ ▼ Store release date: September 23 (Friday) to October 5 (Wednesday) ▼ Location: A3Store Reply for details  #SNK #餓狼MotW #サムスピ

Fddy_3uaMAAMeXU?format=jpg&name=medium

Anthony..

Hi guys,

WEB開封式 通販サイトeeo Storeでご購入の場合、ブラインド商品を単品でご購入いただくことができるWEB開封式も実施中! 購入後、その場でブラインド商品の中身を確認することができます! URL: https://eeo.today/store/101/specialfeature/search/product?special_feature_id=21&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20220925_A3store #SNK #餓狼MotW #サムスピ
 Web opening ceremony  If you purchase from the mail order site eeo Store, we are also holding a web opening ceremony where you can purchase blind products individually! After purchase, you can check the contents of the blind product on the spot! URLs: https://eeo.today/store/101/specialfeature/search/product?special_feature_id=21&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20220925_A3store #SNK #餓狼MotW #サムスピ

FddzZyGacAE1qZ0?format=jpg&name=small

FddzZ2CaUAA9e_j?format=jpg&name=360x360

FddzZ3WacAAY_Gj?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

Hi guys,

商品のご紹介 「#餓狼 MARK OF THE WOLVES」 ・アクリルぷちスタンド 単品:880円(税込) BOX:9,680円(税込) 全11種の小さめなアクリルスタンドです! 全種揃うコンプリートBOXもございます #A3store #GraffArt
 Product introduction  " #餓狼 MARK OF THE WOLVES" ・ Acrylic petit stand Single item: 880 yen (tax included) BOX: 9,680 yen (tax included) All 11 types of small acrylic stands! There is also a complete box with all types  #A3store #GraffArt

FdYlb8faAAEfgVF?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

商品のご紹介 「#SAMURAISPIRITS」 ・アクリルぷちスタンド 単品:880円(税込) BOX:8,800円(税込) 小さめのアクリルスタンドとなっております! 全種揃えたい方はコンプリートBOXでの購入がオススメです #A3store #GraffArt
 Product introduction  " #SAMURAISPIRITS " ・ Acrylic petit stand Single item: 880 yen (tax included) BOX: 8,800 yen (tax included) It is a small acrylic stand! If you want to collect all types, we recommend purchasing the complete box  . #A3store #GraffArt

FdYkqqeaMAAmztH?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

商品のご紹介 「#餓狼 MARK OF THE WOLVES」 ・缶バッジ 単品:528円(税込) BOX:5,808円(税込) 全11種のブラインド商品です! 65㎜サイズの少し大き目な缶バッジとなっております #A3store #GraffArt
 Product introduction  " #餓狼 MARK OF THE WOLVES" ·Button Badges Single item: 528 yen (tax included) BOX: 5,808 yen (tax included) All 11 types of blind products! It is a slightly larger can badge of 65 mm size  #A3store #GraffArt

FdYkMvWaIAAonQu?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

商品のご紹介 「#SAMURAISPIRITS」 ・缶バッジ 単品:528円(税込) BOX:5,280円(税込) 全10種のブラインド商品です! 65㎜サイズの少し大き目な缶バッジとなっております #A3store #GraffArt
 Product introduction  " #SAMURAISPIRITS " ·Button Badges Single item: 528 yen (tax included) BOX: 5,280 yen (tax included) All 10 kinds of blind products! It is a slightly larger can badge of 65 mm size  #A3store #GraffArt

FdYjQHdagAEsPYi?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

商品のご紹介 「#SAMURAISPIRITS」 モバイルアクセサリーケース ・01/ロゴデザイン(グラフアート) モバイルバッテリーなど細かな機器の持ち運びにぴったりです 通販:https://eeo.today/store/101/title/search/product?parent_title_id=2622&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20220925_A3store #サムスピ #A3store
 Product introduction  " #SAMURAISPIRITS " Mobile accessory case 01 / logo design (graph art) Perfect for carrying small devices such as mobile batteries  Mail order: https://eeo.today/store/101/title/search/product?parent_title_id=2622&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20220925_A3store #サムスピ #A3store

FddwulaaAAAwyx1?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

商品のご紹介 「#餓狼 MARK OF THE WOLVES」 モバイルアクセサリーケース ・01/ロゴデザイン(グラフアート) 2,178円(税込) イベント用のモバイルバッテリー持ち運びなど、携帯端末の収納におススメ 通販:https://eeo.today/store/101/title/search/product?parent_title_id=2624&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20220925_A3store #餓狼MotW #A3store #GraffArt
 Product introduction  " #餓狼 MARK OF THE WOLVES" Mobile accessory case 01 / logo design (graph art) 2,178 yen (tax included) Recommended for storing mobile devices such as mobile batteries for events  Mail order: https://eeo.today/store/101/title/search/product?parent_title_id=2624&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20220925_A3store #餓狼MotW #A3store #GraffArt

FddxovOagAEAHv6?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

This evening we are with Modern Vintage Gamer. here we see him discussing about the Neo-Geo ad how it was way ahead of it's time. :)

The SNK Neo Geo was ahead of its time | MVG Watch Here : https://youtu.be/XPAAvXrHE8Y #SNK #NeoGeo #AES

Now the video.

From the description,

"The SNK Neo Geo AES released in 1990 and for the first time , brought the exact arcade experience to the home. In this episode we take a closer look at the Neo Geo and why it was so far advanced that its competition at the time."

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

開催中 『SAMURAI SPIRITS』&『餓狼 MARK OF THE WOLVES』のPOPUP SHOPが開催 ▼先行通販:8月22日(月)~ ▼店舗発売日:9月23日(金)~10月5日(水) ▼場所:A3Store 詳細はリプライへ #SNK #餓狼MotW #サムスピ
 being held  "SAMURAI SPIRITS" & "GAROU MARK OF THE WOLVES" POPUP SHOP will be held  ▼ Pre-sale: August 22nd (Monday) ~ ▼ Store release date: September 23 (Friday) to October 5 (Wednesday) ▼ Location: A3Store Reply for details  #SNK #餓狼MotW #サムスピ

FdoGv1HaMAEDzaD?format=jpg&name=medium

Anthony..

Hi guys,

商品のご紹介 「#SAMURAISPIRITS」 ・キャンバスアート  5,500円(税込) キャンバス生地にイラストを印刷したものです らくがき風デザインで絵の躍動感が伝わってくるようなアイテムです 通販:http://eeo.today/store/101/title/search/product?parent_title_id=2622&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20220927_A3store #A3store #GraffArt
 Product introduction  " #SAMURAISPIRITS " ・Canvas art 5,500 yen (tax included) Illustration printed on canvas  It is an item that conveys the dynamism of the picture with a graffiti-style design  Mail order: http://eeo.today/store/101/title/search/product?parent_title_id=2622&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20220927_A3store #A3store #GraffArt

FdjH6yfakAENf40?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Can you imagine? After so many years I finally got my hands on the #neogeo. Bought my first AES in #Akihabara for 38200¥ (266$/274€) back in 2017. I remember my bro and i playing Neo Geo all night in Japan. Amazing time. Never forget #RETROGAMING #Japan

Anthony..