IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

11月27日(日)にイオンモールライカム内スタジオキタナカにてeスポーツイベント「キタナカグスクeスポーツフェスティバル2022」が開催されます。 ぷよぷよeスポーツ、KOFXVのトーナメント、eスポーツ教室が行われます。 詳細は以下のリンクより https://kitapo.jp/events/event/e_sports_festival2022/ #ぷよぷよ #KOFXV
Translated from Japanese by
On November 27th (Sunday), the e-sports event “Kitana Kagusuku E-Sports Festival 2022” will be held at Studio Kitanaka in Aeon Mall Rycom. Puyo Puyo esports, KOFXV tournaments, and esports classes will be held. Details from the link below https://kitapo.jp/events/event/e_sports_festival2022/ #ぷよぷよ #KOFXV

FfgM2PbVQAAVuF9?format=jpg&name=small

FfgM3moUoAA7alH?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with The Arcade Veteran. Here we see him talking about the Neo Geo Mini. Let's listen in on what he has to say shall we? :)

From the description,

"Today I Take a Look at My Neo Geo Mini International Version I have Had This 3 Years Done a Battery Mod To Make It Portable and Hacked it To add More Systems and Games Was It Worth It ? Come take a look with me and decide for yourself cheers"

Anthony..

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 6:56 PM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi Ricdeau,

Thank you for stopping by the Neo-Geo thread and posting your concern with your consolized MVS. I would recommend talking to @Reaperman @enoofu @GadgetUK and @ColecoGamer to be of assistance. Long time members here on the Neo-Geo thread, and I'm sure they can be of help to you bro. ;-)

Anthony...

Just wanted to say that I did end up getting it to work to finally. It was fun getting to play some of my actual Neo Geo carts again rather than on MiSTer. Very impressed with the ease of use of the RetroTINK 5X and my consolized MVS. My stand-up cab just hasn't been in a spot that was over accessible for some time, but hopefully during an upcoming remodel of a room in the next year I'll have a good dedicated spot for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ricdeau said:

Just wanted to say that I did end up getting it to work to finally. It was fun getting to play some of my actual Neo Geo carts again rather than on MiSTer. Very impressed with the ease of use of the RetroTINK 5X and my consolized MVS. My stand-up cab just hasn't been in a spot that was over accessible for some time, but hopefully during an upcoming remodel of a room in the next year I'll have a good dedicated spot for it.

Hi Ricdeau,

Thant's great to know that you have your CMVS working again and having fun playing Neo-Geo titles once. Glad that issue has been taking care of. Do you happen to have any pics of your Neo-Geo games and a shot of your stand up cab? We would love to see it from you. :)

Anthony...

16 hours ago, Ricdeau said:

Congrats on getting your CMVS working! Would you mind sharing what you did to fix the audio issue you were having?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

Congrats on getting your CMVS working! Would you mind sharing what you did to fix the audio issue you were having?

This is the only thing I have with SCART so it could just be I didn't know or remember to expect this, but it seems really weird to me. If I just hooked RCA cables from the console and then over to my receiver, I didn't get anything. However, when I touched the L/R RCA breakout cables with my fingers while not connected I could hear feedback on my speakers, so I knew there some kind of audio going through the SCART connector. I hooked the L/R breakout RCA leads to the L/R output on the back of the system, and then the audio kicked in.

Now, I only tried the front set of ports on my receiver since getting to the back of it is a bit of a hassle (7.1.4 system, so there's a lot of cables back there even being cable managed). So, it could just be that my receiver doesn't like to do HDMI video and RCA audio on that front port. I will note that port is more particular than the 7 ports on the rear.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi Ricdeau,

Thant's great to know that you have your CMVS working again and having fun playing Neo-Geo titles once. Glad that issue has been taking care of. Do you happen to have any pics of your Neo-Geo games and a shot of your stand up cab? We would love to see it from you. :)

Anthony...

No pictures right now. I plan to get shockboxes and artwork for the remaining games in my collection that do not already have one. Currently have 30 games. I'll be remodeling the walk-in closet of my theater room at some point in the reasonably near future to have a nice space for all my games on all consoles. At that time, I'll have a nice setup to get a picture of.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Europatari said:

Hi @Europatari

Thank you for sharing Top Hat Gaming Man's video on the state of SNK bro. I can understand his and your stance on the current situation regarding the direction from the new owner of The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. As individuals, you  have every right to express your grievances towards it. 

As far as an answer to give on what to do...We should refrain on this since it's starting to get political because of him. The rules forbid us members on doing so and can face suspension or the possibility of being banned here on AtariAge.  I guess it's best to stay away from what the current SNK offers. 

I apologize on not giving the best answer. But we don't want the Administrator reprimanding us and have strikes against our membership here bro. But if you like to discuss this on other social medias, we can continue the discussion elsewhere Europatari. :)  

Anthony

5 hours ago, MarkoCG77 said:

The classic 1996 

Hahaha. The game that helped the Neo-Geo out of it's slump Marko. Back during the mid-1990's the Neo-Geo was losing attention to the 3D market and the Playstation, Saturn, and Nintendo 64 were all going head-to-head. hen came along Metal Slug, and it proved that the 2D market was still alive and well. It helped SNK and secured itself on continuing to make more games for the Neo-Geo.

Thank you for sharing this with us Marko. Excellent job as always. :)

Anthony...

4 hours ago, MarkoCG77 said:

Did not age as graceful, this release was less Dynomite!! more like an m80

I agree Marko. Even though Karnov's Revenge didn't aged the best, I do have to give credit for still having a cool storyline to read along. Thank you for sharing this with us bro. :)

Anthony...

7 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi @Europatari

Thank you for sharing Top Hat Gaming Man's video on the state of SNK bro. I can understand his and your stance on the current situation regarding the direction from the new owner of The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. As individuals, you  have every right to express your grievances towards it. 

As far as an answer to give on what to do...We should refrain on this since it's starting to get political because of him. The rules forbid us members on doing so and can face suspension or the possibility of being banned here on AtariAge.  I guess it's best to stay away from what the current SNK offers. 

I apologize on not giving the best answer. But we don't want the Administrator reprimanding us and have strikes against our membership here bro. But if you like to discuss this on other social medias, we can continue the discussion elsewhere Europatari. :)  

Anthony

you're right.

"Do Not Buy King Of Fighters XV?" more like, "Do Not Watch THGM's Political videos!"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hahaha. The game that helped the Neo-Geo out of it's slump Marko. Back during the mid-1990's the Neo-Geo was losing attention to the 3D market and the Playstation, Saturn, and Nintendo 64 were all going head-to-head. hen came along Metal Slug, and it proved that the 2D market was still alive and well. It helped SNK and secured itself on continuing to make more games for the Neo-Geo.

Thank you for sharing this with us Marko. Excellent job as always. :)

Anthony...

It definitely did, PSX couldn’t handle that 2d animation goodness

• Like 1

10 hours ago, awbacon said:

best golf game ever

What a fantastic game it is VGE. I remember spending so much in tokens in the arcade to play it. I love Golf. Neo Turf Masters show the public why Golf isn't a waste of time like many claim it is. Thank you as always for stopping by to share your works with us bro. I went ahead to your thread to share the same video to show appreciation bro. :)

Anthony...

6 hours ago, MarkoCG77 said:

Nice one Marko. I didn't see that on Amazon. Really cool that Nakaruru is receiving all the attention as of late. Thank you for looking out for us as always bro :)

Anthony...

9 hours ago, Europatari said:

you're right.

"Do Not Buy King Of Fighters XV?" more like, "Do Not Watch THGM's Political videos!"

Yeah bro. Let's continue on and share our interest towards Neo-Geo like we did growing up. No point risking getting ourselves into trouble to be barred on the forums.

Anthony..

Edited by Charlie Cat