IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

5 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

What were some of your faves? I loved wrestlefest in the arcades. Always played with Jake the snake and sgt slaughter. Played the hell out of royal rumble for the genesis. Turbo controller a must lol. Last one I was into was wcw nwo revenge for the 64. That game was amazing when it first came out. So many characters. After that they just got too complicated for me. First sign of old age I suppose lol

Hi Matt,

That's a very good question bro. I'll be glad to share you my list of Pro Wrestling favorites that I enjoy.

WWF WrestleFest. (Arcade) I agree Matt. That's like a must. :)

WWF SuperStars. (Arcade)

3 Count Bout. My favorite sport game on the Neo-Geo. 

Saturday Night Slam Masters. (Arcade and Super NES)

Konami's Main Event (Arcade)

Tag Team Wrestling (Arcade and NES)

Pro Wrestling. (NES)

M.U.S.C.L.E. (NES)

World Championship Wrestling. (NES)

Data East Tag-Team Wrestling. (Arcade and NES)

Tecmo Pro Wrestling (NES)

WCW/NWO Revenge (Nintendo 64)

WCW/NWO World Tour (Nintendo 64)

Power Move Pro Wrestling (Playstation)

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Madwindoman said:

It’s always drove me nuts that hogan got the title fight against slaughter at wrestlmania 7. It shoulda been the warrior since slaughter basically stole the belt from him

Savage is the one who hit him with the scepter and that's what cost The Ultimate Warrior the title.  Savage was pissed that he wasn't given a title shot.  I'm not sure Slaughter had anything to do with Savage's actions.  With much of the world caught in the throes/aftermath of The Gulf War, Slaughter became an Iraqi "sympathizer".  There was no WWF wrestler more American than Hogan, so it was the right call.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bubufubu said:

Savage is the one who hit him with the scepter and that's what cost The Ultimate Warrior the title.  Savage was pissed that he wasn't given a title shot.  I'm not sure Slaughter had anything to do with Savage's actions.  With much of the world caught in the throes/aftermath of The Gulf War, Slaughter became an Iraqi "sympathizer".  There was no WWF wrestler more American than Hogan, so it was the right call.

That’s your opinion. Obviously from my previous statement I don’t agree. Which is fine. I can still hear the sound of the Macho King whackin him with that sceptor. I might have to go back in time and rewatch that one. And sorry Anthony for boggin up the thread with all this wrestling talk. I’m gonna go play some fatal fury special 

Terraonion is NOT to be trusted.  If you decide you want one of them, order from stone age gamer to get their warranty as at least they will totally honor it.  TO is batting 50/50 on quality releases on their kits at this rate.  When they do well like the first non-pro Neo Geo run they're good, but when they have problems like with the PCE kit they did their true attitude towards customers, quality control, backing up a project, allowing others to shield/guard and troll for them as a cover comes through.  The heat got bad enough they moved to a country where the laws favor the seller not having to be made to deal with warranty repair/replacement for product which was a huge intentional middle finger.

I'd go with their kit if you go through a US vendor (SAG), otherwise the Darksoft kit is just as capable, costs I believe a little less, and they're not scumbags.  Conversely before you drop huge sums of $, fire up aliexpress for $55~ SHIPPED and a 2 week wait you can get the finally fixed up 161in1 (VER 3) cart which cleans up the audio problems, game breaking bugs in stuff like Aerofighters 3, and other wonky things that went wrong with it for too many years.  While it has dozens of hacks, there are over 90 legit titles which will get you a cheap way into finding what you like best.  Consider it like shareware, try before you buy, see what you're really into, then invest in real if you want.  Personally I'd just get the 161 v3 and a UNIBIOS4 because it supports PICK N MIX which can make your MVS boot up all the non-duplicated games like one huge multi-slot cabinet easily picked from a menu -- it's amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adamj91 said:

Sorry to change the subject, but whst are you guys thoughts on the neosd pro? Ive been going back and forth on this as its not a cheap purchase (600$). I curently only have 2 games for the system

Hi Adam,

Thank you for stopping by the Neo-Geo thread and posting your question. Glad to have you aboard with us and looking forward on seeing more of your Neo-Geo postings with us bro. :)

I'll be glad to offer my opinion on the NeoSD Pro Adam. 

Truthfully, I've been concern on their quality control on their products as of late. I've been reading up on their returns and their responses back on consumers and they aren't having a positive experience with Terraonion for quite some time. Tanooki up above has it right. If Stone Age Gamer has it to be offered on their website order page again, then I would rather acquire from them instead since those fellas are reputable and glad to be of service if problems occur. In the meanwhile Darksoft's version is just as good and responses are better if you have any problems. 

Hope this helps you Adam. If free to asking anymore inquiries if you have any more bro. Will be glad to answer them for you. :)

Anthony...

5 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

That’s your opinion. Obviously from my previous statement I don’t agree. Which is fine. I can still hear the sound of the Macho King whackin him with that sceptor. I might have to go back in time and rewatch that one. And sorry Anthony for boggin up the thread with all this wrestling talk. I’m gonna go play some fatal fury special 

Ah, no worries Matt. :thumbsup: :)

In the meanwhile, you're going to play Fatal Fury Special?! Oooh! a superb choice for sure bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Franjo said:

I share new drawing 😀

Oh my goodness!! :-o

What a beautiful artwork pic you done with The Last Blade 2 Franjo.... Zantetsu, Hyo, and Hibiki look so amazing and finely detailed on even the littlest coloring bro. We just love the dedication you done on this masterpiece and thank you for sharing it with us for us to benefit from kind sir. We just love it. :thumbsup: :)

We can't wait to see the next art piece you'll be sharing with us Franjo. You really know how to outdo yourself everything bro. :)

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Let's see on what's new with Riko @SpicedUp! and the great members at the forums over on NeoGeoForever. :)

Join us at http://NeoGeoForever.com on the Advanced Entertainment Forum for friendly chat, high score competitions, Neo Geo news, magazine scans, reviews, downloads + more! #NeoGeo #SNK #RETROGAMING #retrogames #arcade #FatalFury #Kunio

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Wow!! Nice to see this from you @SpicedUp! Riko. :)

Over 250 Neo Geo magazine scans are available to view at http://NeoGeoForever.com including Hardware Features, Game Previews, Game Reviews, Interviews, Adverts and Homebrew Articles #NeoGeo #SNK #RETROGAMING #retrogames #arcade #NGDev #KOF #NGPC

Anthony..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Oh my goodness!! :-o

What a beautiful artwork pic you done with The Last Blade 2 Franjo.... Zantetsu, Hyo, and Hibiki look so amazing and finely detailed on even the littlest coloring bro. We just love the dedication you done on this masterpiece and thank you for sharing it with us for us to benefit from kind sir. We just love it. :thumbsup: :)

We can't wait to see the next art piece you'll be sharing with us Franjo. You really know how to outdo yourself everything bro. :)

Anthony...

Thank you very much!!!!!!! 😄

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【Evo 2023】 Illustrator Eisuke Ogura, who has lent his creative talents to KOF XV and numerous other SNK titles over the years, will be signing autographs at the SNK booth. #SNK #KOF13 #KOFXIII #Evo2023

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【Evo 2023】 The first 1,000 visitors to the SNK booth on each day will receive a free concept art poster for the new FATAL FURY/GAROU title, now furiously in development! Each day will feature a different design, so drop by and pick up yours before they run out! #SNK #Evo2023

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Here's the latest newsletter from @PikoInteractive on Super Bobble pop. 

https://www.pikointeractive.com/home/Neo-Geo-c153275501

Untitled-1.png?1690832554

Neo Geo Pre-Orders, Re-stocks and More!

Hello, and Thanks for reading us!

We wanted to reach back and let everybody know that price increases for pre-orders will be starting on Aug 10, 2023. This will affect all pre-order items with exception of Super Bubble Pop Vektorlogic MVS.

Super Bubble pop Vektorlogic MVS has limited quantities available (only 34 left in stock) and will have a series of price increases based on quantities available. Remember this game will no longer be ever reproduced with Vektorlogic shell and color. Future MVS productions will have a similar but modified shell.

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

@Franjo That's very nice, and I bet that you would be an excellent box/cover artist.

In regards to the various ports of Neo Geo games, I bet the Atari Falcon 030+ and the Amiga 1200-4000 could handle several with few, if any compromises.

I would love to see AtariAge members like you Slidel, @ColecoGamer @frankodragon  @NeoPancho @Franjo  @Mx5dob and more collaborate on creating Neo-Geo inserts, labels, manuals and special Collectors Edition artbooks.

The best part is when we have unity in the community to make video gaming even greater.  :)

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

I would love to see AtariAge members like you Slidel, @ColecoGamer @frankodragon  @NeoPancho @Franjo  @Mx5dob and more collaborate on creating Neo-Geo inserts, labels, manuals and special Collectors Edition artbooks.

The best part is when we have unity in the community to make video gaming even greater.  :)

Anthony..

This I would love to do. Is everyone else down to work together?

• Like 2

Hi guys,

【Evo 2023】 SAMURAI SHODOWN and GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES side tournament registration closes at August 2, 11:59 PM (PDT)! Hurry, don't miss out! https://start.gg/tournament/snk-official-tournaments-in-evo-2023/details #SNK #Evo2023

Anthony...

• Like 1