IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

2 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

Congrats man!! I have the same mvs board and love it. I’d like to do a stereo audio mod but it works so well I don’t wanna mess with it

Awesome! I have a stereo capable one coming in that came free with a copy of League Bowling. But I’ll be honest, I like the form factor of this one better. Always loved the look of it. Not sure what to do with the extra board. We’ll see. 

Edited by Cobra Strike Down
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

IMG_2090.thumb.jpeg.092d1203a1188fda804ffbd218e2e867.jpegIMG_2093.thumb.jpeg.8051eac7684b43f55b2a3c8040d2b56d.jpegIMG_2091.thumb.jpeg.40b18b1782a301e8115fba0195bf9c26.jpegIMG_2092.thumb.jpeg.b5a4613881543a8183c6002f6a5b483b.jpeg

Looking good Daz. I love how everything is so perfect and how you offer a great presentation of your Neo-Geo goodies for us to be amazed bro. hat 161 in 1 multicart you have looks really cool. I would love to purchase the V3 cart for the AES in the near future. 

Thank you for sharing these awesome pics bro. It made our day for sure. :)

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

【月末新キャラクター】 月末キャラクター、発ッ表ォ~! 8月の月末キャラクター正解は:「クローネン」!!! 当選のプレイヤー様は: お三方には600ダイヤをプレゼントします!おめでとうございます!! #KOF98UMOL #KOF #クローネン
Translated from Japanese by
[New characters at the end of the month] End of the month character announced! The end-of-August character correct answer is: "Kronen"! ! ! Winning players are: Three people will receive 600 diamonds! congratulations! ! #KOF98UMOL #KOF #クローネン

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【7周年特別インタビューキャンペーン①】 『KOF'98 UM OL』7周年を祝して、せいD( )さんからコメントが到着 をフォロー&本文RTで、抽選で1名様にアマギフ3000円分、4名様にアマギフ500円分 ぜひご参加下さい!(8月22日23:59〆) #KOF98UMOL #KOF #アマギフ #抽選
[7th anniversary special interview campaign ① ] In celebration of the 7th anniversary of "KOF'98 UM OL", a comment arrived from Mr. Sei D (

Follow & text RT, 1 person by lottery for 3000 yen Amagif, 4 people 500 yen for Amagif  Please join us! (23:59 on August 22nd) #KOF98UMOL #KOF #アマギフ #抽選

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【7周年記sギフト】 いつも『KOF'98 UM OL』をご利用いただき、ありがとうございます。 7周年記sギフトをご用意しました! コード:20230818 使用期限:8月18日(金)0:00-9月3日(日)0:00 ※ギフトコードは1回のみ使用できます ※下記のページで入力してください: https://kof98.fingerfun.co.jp/t2/166/3034.html
[7th Anniversary Gift] Thank you for always using "KOF'98 UM OL". We have prepared a 7th anniversary gift for you! Code: 20230818 Expiration date: August 18th (Friday) 0:00-September 3rd (Sunday) 0:00 ※ gift code can only be used once ※ Please fill out the following page: https://kof98.fingerfun.co.jp/t2/166/3034.html

F3y8PzubEAARIK4?format=webp&name=large

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with our pal @tuna sashemie. Here we see Dave discuss about the 8BitDo controller and seeing him making good use of it. Thank you Dave. A pleasure seeing your videos as always bro. :)

From the description,

"8Bitdo NEOGEO Wireless Controller for Windows, Android, and NEOGEO mini, this a modern replica of the Original neogeo Cd controller and its a good one, i have used it for a day and i am liking it but it does feel a little different to the neogeo Original controller as it has more throw. this can be used on the mister and the evercade and 8BitDo are putting out firmware updates so you never know we could get switch support at some point, it's a shame it didn't come with a dongle for the original neogeo but there is a bluetooth adaptor you can buy and i have linked it bellow. i Like this controller and i would recomend it and its worth picking up."

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Here are the top 8 in the VSFighting XI. Keep your eyes to see who the winner will be! W bubblan vs Lord Tenrai vs L vs SUPA vs *~KuriNyanko~* Streaming from 2 pm BST https://twitch.tv/eastlondonfighters #KOFXV #SWC2023 #VSFXI

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here are the top 8 in the THE FIGHT 2023. The streaming starts from Aug 20th at 12 pm PST. W vs vs L Kyoko vs Z1d4n3 Dastan vs Gabdes Streaming channel : https://twitch.tv/kofRomance #KOFXV #SWC2023

Anthony...

Hi guys,

SWC 2023 regional qualifier, THE FIGHT 2023 #KOFXV results :      4th Dastan 5th Kyoko, 7th Z1d4n3, Gabdes Congratulations to all! Archives : https://twitch.tv/videos/1904066617 #SNK #SWC2023

Anthony...

Hi guys,

SWC 2023 global qualifier, VSFighting XI #KOFXV results :  Lord Tenrai *~KuriNyanko~* 4th 5th bubblan, 7th SUPA, Congratulations to all! Archives : https://twitch.tv/videos/1903801318 #SNK #SWC2023 #VSFXI

Anthony...

Hi guys,

[News] She's turning heads! Pre-order now! SHERMIE from the frenetic "SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy" is coming to the #BISHOUJO figure series! Pre-orders close Sept 19 (JST). Won't miss out on her, will you? ♪ https://sideshow.com/collectibles/the-king-of-fighters-shermie-bishoujo-kotobukiya-912563 #ShunyaYamashita #SNK #KOF #SNKHeroines

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Charles Mulder sharing more updates on the upcoming Neo-Geo title, Cyborg Force. The video is in French, but you can adjust the settings in English for the viewers to read underneath on what he has to say. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"In this video I talk to you about Cyborg Force, a new game to come to enrich our Neo Geo collections, but also on other media (emulators, mvsx, psp ...)! Cyborg Force is developed by Neo Byte Force, and pre-orders will be open by the end of the year"

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

We spoke with SNK's Yasuyuki Oda and Joshua Weatherford at Evo 2023 about Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves, simplified controls, and more.

SNK Devs Talk City of the Wolves, Future Plans

We spoke with SNK's Yasuyuki Oda and Joshua Weatherford at Evo 2023 about Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves, simplified controls, and more.

Jeffrey L. Wilson
By Jeffrey L. Wilson
August 14, 2023

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves(Credit: SNK)

SNK is on a roll. The veteran video game developer had many announcements at Evolution Championship Series 2023, including fresh information on Najd (a King of Fighters XV DLC character), its rollback netcode plans for KOF XIII and Samurai Shodown, and a teaser trailer for the highly anticipated Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves.

I spoke with Yasuyuki Oda (general manager), Kaito Soranaka (lead game designer), Tetsuro Araragi (CEO's office), and Joshua Weatherford (game designer and translator) about the company's future and, of course, City of the Wolves. The responses are translated from Japanese to English, and lightly edited for clarity.

PCMag: How do you go about picking which characters enter the base roster vs DLC?
SNK: There's obviously a lot that we take into account on that front. We do think about fan favorites and the different requests, especially for the DLC. For Najd, there were many requests for her to come back. She was a popular character. However, there are a lot of fans of legacy characters, as well. We want to make sure to pick characters that the newer fans will know, too. So this is one reason that she was picked.

I imagine Du Long falls into that category, too.
Yes. 

KOF XV Najd DLC
(Credit: SNK)

There's been news that SNK wants to expand into some non-fighting games. Would the company consider resurrecting sports games like Baseball Stars?
Yeah, we're obviously thinking a lot about that recently, and I have many plans internally for bringing back different, old IPs. I can't say anything in particular

The one older IP that everyone's talking about is Fatal Fury, especially after the release of the City of the Wolves teaser. Where does the game fall in the Fatal Fury timeline? Is it like a direct continuation of where Garou ended? Is it years later?
We're not going to say anything particular about the story, but we put a little fan service hint in the teaser. When you think of the Fatal Fury series, there are a lot of spin-off titles. There are six titles in the past that were kind of canon story titles, so this is going to be the seventh release. So there are actually seven claw marks in the logo. If you look closely, that's a little hint. That's all we can say.

I was struck by the new art style, because it looked as though it was influenced by comic books. Was that the intent?
It's definitely an American comic style. That's the approach that we're taking. So that's intentional. I [Oda] actually brought that up for KOF XV as an idea, because I'm a big Marvel fan, especially for old comics. It was mostly a decision by the art supervisor. It was one of the things that he came up with to use with the shaders and such.

Does City of the Wolves have a release window that you speak upon?
We can't say the actual release date, but we will be doing a lot more promotion, starting next year. We're planning live events with playable sessions. So definitely just keep looking for future news.

What was the inspiration for bringing Fatal Fury back, considering the many brands within the SNK catalog? 
When we were making the Neo Geo, the Fatal Fury series was one of the releases that pushed the hardware forward and helped sell a lot of units. It was one of the more successful series. So it's a very iconic IP for SNK, and the story hasn't been concluded. So we want to make sure that there's a finale, basically.

Speaking of conclusions, I watched the King of Fighters XV Finals and wondered if you were surprised at how players use certain characters.
We're pretty far along in the life of the game, and we've done a lot of balancing on our side. So there aren't many big surprises. It's really small details. For example, the new character, Isla. She was used by a couple of the players of the top six, but in different positions. So, it's a good sign that even a top-tier character isn't just set into one [team] spot. And we saw the same thing with B. Jenet. People are also getting a better handle on the Shatter Strike system, which is the counter. We saw it used a lot more effectively in this tournament than in previous tournaments. 

Did you make tweaks to Shatter Strike, or are players simply using it in creative ways
There was a little bit of a balance change to Shatter Strike, depending on a character's height. So that probably helped a lot of them to use it more effectively across the entire roster. Some characters were too short to use it to connect certain combos. 

There's an industry shift to more, simplified control schemes. Do you see that as a potential option for KOF XV, City of the Wolves, or any other upcoming SNK fighting game?
We do have plans for doing that kind of system in our future games. And we've had our own Rush combo system in KOF XV, as well. It allows a certain bit of simplified controls for users. So that's one thing that we're definitely always trying to improve.

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Metal Slug: Awakening,distributed by VNGGames, the latest mobile version of the renowned IP - Metal Slug licensed by SNK, developed & launched by Tencent, has officially launched in Southeast Asia and Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan regions! https://metalslugawk.vnggames.com/ph #MetalSlug

Anthony..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1