IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

UEファイター[AS 不思議な月夜のマチュア]、 [AS 不思議な月夜のバイス]参戦! 魅惑の美女ファイター2人の登場、 彼女たちの美しい姿をご確認ください! youtube▼ https://youtu.be/7CTp-d2_Sms #KOFAS #KOF #マチュア #バイス
Translated from Japanese by
 UE Fighter [AS Mysterious Moonlit Night Mature], [AS Mysterious Moonlit Night Vice] Participation!  The appearance of two fascinating beautiful fighters, Check out their beautiful looks!

Anthony...

3 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

Playing Street Fi….er uh, oh Breakers Revenge. Fantastic, albeit unoriginal fighter for the MVS!

What a great video this is to see Daz. Thank you for sharing it with us. I still haven't defeated Breakers Revenge et after all these ears. Maybe one day I will. But in the meanwhile, I'm taking note from your gaming skills for me to try myself to beat it. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XIII GM】 11月16日発売のパッケージ版『KOF XIII GM』のショップ別オリジナル特典を公開! ぜひご予約ください! 詳しくは https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof13gm/special/ #KOF #KOFXIII
Translated from Japanese by
[KOF XIII GM] Original benefits by shop for the packaged version of "KOF XIII GM" released on November 16th have been released! Please make a reservation! For more information https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof13gm/special/ #KOF #KOFXIII

F9WA72HbMAAvt3N?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Neo Geo CD Title 'Punky Circus' Is 'Neo Mr. Do!' Without Mr. Do

"The game has undergone some cosmetic changes"

by Damien McFerran  8am

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/10/neo-geo-cd-title-punky-circus-is-neo-mr-do-without-mr-do

French publisher PixelHeart has been doing some pretty nice things in the realm of physical retro releases lately.

We recently reported that it had made a home version of Visco's Battle Flip Shot available for the first time via an officially licenced Neo Geo CD release, and it's doing the same thing with Neo Mr. Do!, another Neo Geo MVS title that didn't get a domestic version back in the '90s.

However, in the case of this particular game, things have changed a little from the original coin-op version, which was released exclusively in arcades in 1996, under license from Mr. Do! IP holder Universal.

The original Mr. Do! was released in arcades in 1982, and would be followed by Mr. Do's Castle (1983), Mr. Do's Wild Ride (1984) and Do! Run Run (also 1984). Neo Mr. Do! was Visco's take on the character, and it never got a Neo Geo AES (home console) release. This Neo Geo CD release changes all of that, but, as spotted by @LandofObscusion, PixelHeart has had to swap out the visuals on Neo Mr. Do! to avoid any legal issues (Universal, despite not doing anything with the IP in many years, is still an active company).

"The game has undergone some cosmetic changes (we’ve changed some of the visuals)," reads the product page for Punky Circus, the game's new name. It's up for pre-order now, costing 24,90€.

Anthony...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

I'm surprised that Universal/UPL hasn't made anything new in the past 35+ years. Guess they couldn't compete. On the other hand, they should consider releasing compilations of their arcade library.

I use to think to myself on whatever happen to Universal Slidel. After playing Mr.Do, that's the only game I remember from them. :ponder:

Anthony.. 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Here's the latest news from Johnny16Bit on the current situation with Cyborg Force off Discord. 

Cyborg Force by OzzyOuzo, Johnny16bit

Johnny16bit — 10/24/2023 8:41 AM

Hey fellas @everyone

Time is passing by and we know you’ve been waiting for the pre-orders to open… But we’re not there yet, unfortunately. Given how patient you’ve been already, we feel a bit more detailed explanation is in order...

We chose to incorporate our company in Cyprus, where we have a legal partner handling the administrative work for us. It took a while to register our company Neo Byte Force there, but it appears that we underestimated how long it would take to open a local bank account. We assure you that we have been as responsive as possible all along the process, which is one we really didn’t expect to be such a long, strict, and formal one. We always thought the next step would be the last one… But given the latest news we got, it is now obvious that the process is going to take a few more weeks to complete. A delay is never good, but given the time of the year, this one is definitely not the best case scenario for anyone, and we understand this is going to be inconvenient to many of you. So we’re sorry about this situation and apologize for keeping you waiting ; at the moment however, there is nothing more we can do to speed things up.

On a brighter note, rest assured we’ve still been busy working on Cyborg Force, both on the rom itself and on the physical side of things, to bring you the most polished release that we can. And, just so you’re sure that we mean business, and add a touch of excitement to this otherwise underwhelming news: we have also started preliminary work, and contacted pixel artists for two future Neo Geo projects.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

Anthony..

• Like 4

I'm glad that they were able to resolve the delay, and I would rather it be delayed than rushed out in an unfinished state. The more I think about it, I bet there are plenty of Atari 8-Bit, MSX, and Commodore 64 games that would be perfect for Neo Geo. (Epyx' Jumpman is one such example; both of the Super Pipeline games are another.)

Speaking of the Commodore 64 and SNK, someone ported SNK vs. Capcom onto that computer:

I bet this is the best C64 Port of any SNK or Capcom title.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Check out the SNK World Championship global qualifier tournament this week end! First Attack 2023 San Juan, Puerto Rico October 27th - 29th https://start.gg/tournament/first-attack-2023-oct-27-29th/ #SNK #KOFXV #SWC2023

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【안내】KOF XV 게임 대회가 개최됩니다. 많은 참가 부탁드립니다! https://tonamel.com/competition/8lhr2 #SNK #KOFXV
Translated from Korean by
【Notice】KOF XV game competition will be held. We ask for your participation! https://tonamel.com/competition/8lhr2 #SNK #KOFXV

FOohpZbv?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Playing “Garou Densetsu” and “KOF” SNK is expanding its business and developing new IP https:// xtrend.nikkei.com/atcl/contents/ 18/00828/00007/?n_cid=nbpnxr_twed_cms #Nikkei Cross Trend

Playing “Fatal Fury” and “KOF” SNK expands business and develops new IP

October 24, 2023 Reading time: 11 minutes

In August 2021, Kenji Matsubara, former representative director and CPO (chief publishing officer) of Sega, was appointed president and CEO (chief executive officer) of SNK (Osaka City). In August 2022, the company began initiatives based on its medium-term management plan, with the goal of growing into one of the top 10 game companies in the world over the next 10 years. While expanding the office space by relocating the Osaka head office and Tokyo branch office, we are increasing the number of staff through active recruitment activities. In development, we are increasing the use of existing IP (intellectual property) and expanding our business lines, including new titles. We asked President Matsubara about the initiatives in the first year of the medium-term management plan and the company's future plans.

Kenji Matsubara, President and CEO of SNK
Kenji Matsubara, President and CEO of SNK

Three initiatives based on the medium-term management plan

――How has the progress been one year since you started the initiatives based on the medium-term management plan?

President Kenji Matsubara (hereinafter referred to as Matsubara): SNK's new fiscal year starts in August (the calendar year will change from January to December from 2024), and in August 2022, we formulated and approved a medium-term management plan. We are promoting a three-year medium-term management plan with the aim of becoming one of the top 10 game publishers in the world over the next 10 years.

The medium-term management plan formulated in 2022 set out three initiatives. These are "strengthening development capabilities," "strengthening sales capabilities," and "implementing M&A (mergers and acquisitions)." I feel like I've made a lot of progress over the past year by putting these things into practice.

In order to strengthen development capabilities, it is important to increase recruitment. After we started sending the message that we were aiming to be in the top 10 in the world, we started to attract attention for both new graduate and mid-career recruitment, and SNK's recruitment environment and direction changed 180 degrees.

Up until now, SNK had hired people with the mindset of supplementing staff, but now the mindset has changed to hiring them in line with business expansion.

The office is also expanding, and the new Osaka head office opened in March 2023. In advance of this, the Tokyo branch office will also be relocated and expanded in December 2021. Overseas, we relocated and expanded our development studio in Beijing, China in June 2023. In July, we opened a new office in Singapore. Along with this office expansion, we are hiring new graduates and mid-career employees by the dozens.

In response to the new challenge of revamping SNK's IP or developing new IP, people are flocking to us one after another, saying, ``I definitely want to try my hand at that place.I want to experience it.'' However, even so, we still do not have enough people to reach our desired target number.

The newest Singapore office will be developed in collaboration with the Tokyo studio. In the near future, I plan to create a system where I can develop games independently. We are also making progress in building local connections, and we hope that the studio will function as a hub for Southeast Asia. We would like to expand our business in Southeast Asia within the next few years, with Singapore as our core, and also Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam in our sights.

Currently, each studio is working on development after deciding on a rough direction. For example, at Tokyo Studio, we have people with a wealth of experience developing online games and home video games, and our focus is on new development. On the other hand, Osaka Studio's development policy is focused on how to grow its core IP. This allows us to work on both the revitalization of existing IP and the creation of new IP.

Beijing Studio is working on the development of both existing and new IP based on mobile and PC. The genre is not only fighting games, but also action games, and we try to incorporate social elements and mechanisms that allow users to collaborate and have fun.

In this way, we have made considerable progress over the past year in hiring and opening overseas studios to strengthen our development capabilities. Once we have the system in place, the next phase will be to develop new titles, but we are not in a state where we can disclose information openly yet, so I would like to talk about it when the time comes.

Promoting information sharing among developers at internal presentations

--Speaking of strengthening development capabilities, what about new technologies such as generative AI (artificial intelligence)?

Regarding Matsubara 's generative AI, I am concerned about whether it will be able to overcome copyright issues, but in the future I hope to create a large-scale model using SNK's own assets (information assets) to avoid copyright issues. I think it is possible to use generative AI that does not exist yet.

On the other hand, we are also building a system that allows studios to share information on new technologies and initiatives, including generative AI. Specifically, in July 2017, we started a presentation event called the "SNK Creators Conference" for in-house engineers. It connects Osaka and Tokyo online and provides a place for developers to exchange information. It's important to have a place where we can get inspired and learn from each other. We believe this is also part of strengthening our development capabilities.

Anthony...