IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSのXbox Series X|Sによる大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9678 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ
Translated from Japanese by
[Notice] A SAMURAI SPIRITS Xbox Series X|S tournament will be held. Please join us! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9678 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member @ShadowGangs on the latest information on his upcoming game Shadow Gangs for the Neo-Geo. 

NeoGeo Update: I am thinking to take my time on the Neo version, and make it really special. Will change all the level layouts, it will be a new different expr for people who finished SG1 and longer too, will not be arcade with timeout etc... Might call it: Shadow Gangs Zero...

Anthony..

Hi guys,

More from @ShadowGangs

NeoGeo Update: Here standing with some similar sized characters. I asked the artists to make Shadow Gangs character look like these other examples. Final Fight and Street Fighter II are not here as they are bigger than the one needed for SG.

Anthony

Hi guys,

サムライスピリッツ 大坂冬の陣~第一章~ ショーケースの中にはSNKさんのご協力により ナコルル&リムルルの かわいいぬいぐるみを展示中です 是非ご覧ください #サムライスピリッツ #SNK #大坂冬の陣 #BGMO
 Samurai Spirits Osaka Winter Camp ~Chapter 1~  In the showcase, with the cooperation of SNK, cute  stuffed animals of Nakoruru and Rimururu are on display  Please take a look  #サムライスピリッツ #SNK #大坂冬の陣 #BGMO

GDnbfZ1aQAAX40g?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

サムライスピリッツ 大坂冬の陣~第一章~ 真サム墨絵 ミニ色紙(全13種) ¥550(税込) 本日1月13日より販売開始です ブラインド商品です バラ売りonlyです #サムライスピリッツ #SNK #大坂冬の陣 #BGMO
Translate post

Anthony..

Hi guys,

サムライスピリッツ 大坂冬の陣~第一章~ 絵馬(全4種) ¥1,210(税込) 神社に奉納も良し、部屋に飾っても良し #サムライスピリッツ #SNK #大坂冬の陣 #BGMO
 Samurai Spirits Osaka Winter Camp ~Chapter 1~  Ema (all 4 types) ¥1,210 (tax included) You can dedicate it to a shrine or display it in your room  #サムライスピリッツ #SNK #大坂冬の陣 #BGMO

GDsC_7yb0AANv_3?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

1 hour ago, SlidellMan said:

I always considered Samurai Showdown II to be my favorite SNK fighting game before they started to oversaturate the genre and Neo Geo with them.

I agree Slidel. Samurai Shodown II is my favorite as well. The third installment and onwards didn't have the same appeal like the first two. But they tried considering the direction the franchise was heading. 

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Thinking of producing your own Neo-Geo AES unit? How about starting off with reproduction Neo-Geo AES motherboards. :)

NeoGeo AES Board Reproduction We have just ordered a small batch of the repro boards to add to the rest of them on the website, will be up for sale in approx 10 days.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

More regarding the reproduction boards on the shop page. 

https://www.willsconsolemodifications.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=132&search=neo+geo

These boards are often subject to damage caused by leaking capacitors and/or batteries. These recreations are based on the available schematics and reverse engineering using scanned images of the original boards' copper layers, so should be reasonably accurate reproductions.

These reproductions have been tested and verified as working, there is no warranty or support offered so you need to have suitable debugging experience if a problem arises.

NOTE: In order to use these PCBs sucessfully you will need to be proficient in:

• Soldering fine-pitched surface mount components.
  • In most cases, desoldering said components to obtain these from a donor board.
  • Troubleshooting any issues that may arise.

These PCB's are 2 layer boards and have been produced in RED with HASL PLATING.

BOM & Build Instructions:

https://github.com/Board-Folk/NeoGeoAES-3.5

Credits (The Awesome "Board-Folk")

• Rob Taylor (@PeepoUK) for doing most of the PCB layout.

• Simon "Aergan" Lock (@Aergan),
    Cosam (@cosam_the_great),
    Dennis (@PointerFunction),
    Leo Oliveria (@leo__oliveira),
    Zaxour 阿宅, (@zaxour),
    Ian Cudlip (@grandoldian)
    for their insights, support and testing of the prototype boards.

• The rest of the Board Folk Team for their support and general coolness.

• The NeoGeo Development Wiki for making the original NeoGeo-2 Schematics available, and the people who maintain this site.

NeoGeo AES 3.5 Motherboard Reproduction

• Product Code: NeoGeo AES 3.5 Motherboard Reproduction
  • Reward Points: 28
  • Availability: 2-3 Days
  • £28.00

• Price in reward points: 280

2-3 Days

Anthony..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SlidellMan said:

I always considered Samurai Showdown II to be my favorite SNK fighting game before they started to oversaturate the genre and Neo Geo with them.

100 percent agree with you here. Sam showdown 2 is an amazing game. Gameplay graphics presentation characters. Classic Neo Geo. It plays slow and methodical rather than running in head first mashing buttons. And 1 wrong move and it’s all over. Best of all it’s still 1 of the most affordable games on the system 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Here's the latest from FULLSET refarding Project NEON. 

WOOOT! We have some exciting news to share  regarding Project Neon PCB Production Update, Shipping Date Estimates & Pre-Orders Re-Opening on Jan 21: https://fullset.io/pages/project-neon-pcb-production-update-its-happening

FULLSET

Project Neon - PCB Production Update (It's happening!)

📅 Pre-orders re-opening: Sunday, January 21st, 8 AM GST.
✉️ Make sure to add yourself to the notification list using the following links.

Happy New Year everyone 🎉🥳,

we have some exciting news: after extensive research and active exchange with other studios regarding potential hardware pitfalls, we’ve finally entered the PCB design/prototyping phase!

To make sure everything is designed correctly and up to spec, we made sure to get ourselves some active help from nobody else other than legendary Furrtek 🦊 (NeoGeo SD Loader, SiliconRE), Neobitz (Knight’s Chance) and René 🎸. We don't wanna forget about those beveled edges and level translators, do we? 🤓

Based on current estimates, we expect to ship all existing pre-orders around March/April this year!

Furthermore, we’re happy to share some of the last bits we’ve been adding to the game, thanks again to some amazing hands-on help from Neobitz.

- Soft-dips (MVS) / Menu (AES) for setting numbers of ships per coin, switching between TATE/YOKO mode, and per-game demo sound setting
- Correct handling of multi-slot boards to ensure things like passing control back to MVS after the intro/attract scene ends or the player switches between games on the title screen when a coin is inserted
- Hi-score table, including saving support
- Display of available coins
- System (AES/MVS) and region (JPN, US, EUR) specific behavior, e.g. single with separate coin counter, virtual coins
- Pause support (AES only)

Last but not least, we’d like to thank the amazing Brian Hargrove 🏌️for providing us with a NeoSaveMasta Memory Card. So yeah, that’s one last thing to add support for now while we’re waiting for the prototype PCBs to arrive :)

It’s been a long time coming; thank you all for supporting & believing in us! 🙏

- Team FULLSET

Anthony..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

I'm glad that someone is making replacement motherboards for the AES.

I wholeheartedly agree Slidel. In fact, I'm so curious of these boards that I would like to see and try them out. I already have a empty AES shell, I might give it a try. Maybe with 3D print, we can make replica Neo-Geo AES units. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■ Start of ordering ■ MA Man x STUDIO24 miraculous collaboration project Terry Bogard (pixel painting color) It took more than a year from conception, but we are now accepting reservations! https://hi-studio24.stores.jp/items/65804426463f600b59653c98 In addition to revolutionary works, luxurious benefits including pre-payment benefits! Please fully enjoy this new future of the figure world! Orders are accepted until the end of February next year! We will be doing a lot of promotional activities, so let's create future value together! It is because we are a weak manufacturer that we are able to take on such a reckless challenge! Let's do it, ascend! Please provide some support! #snk #餓狼伝説 #ドット絵彩色

GCCozDobMAAneUe?format=jpg&name=small

GCCo4Wqa8AAkzM5?format=jpg&name=360x360

GCCo6PRaEAAZMfa?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony

Hi guys,

Today, I came to Akihabara Radio Kaikan to see the pixel-painted version of MA Man's Terry Bogard  I was very impressed with the detailed brush strokes   It's so powerful  #Aマン #ドット絵彩色

GDnZopNbkAAPeJ0?format=jpg&name=small

GDnZopNbEAATekO?format=jpg&name=small

GDnZopPbQAA4rGw?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

Hi guys,

STUDIO24さんのテリー(MAマンさん塗装ドット絵彩色Ver.)、実物見ましたがスゴすぎる! 脳がバグるとはこのことか
I saw STUDIO24's Terry (MA Man's painted dot painting version) and it was amazing! Is this what it means to have a brain bug? 

GDpJ4JXaQAABDca?format=jpg&name=small

GDpJ5F1aIAAOyuY?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Those pixels on Terry's chest are amazing. :)

This is amazing I heard that Terry Bogard's colored pixel art was on display at AmiAmi at Radio Kaikan, so I went to see it right away. It was exhibited in Osaka, but this is the first time it has been exhibited in Tokyo ↓

GDjWhYzbwAAUVkt?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with TheSNESHUB with part 2 of his Neo-Geo collection. Very nice indeed. :)

From the description,

"I've had the Neo-Geo AES system for a little over 2 months now. I wanted to show more of the games I acquired in that time. I'm calling this the second wave. There will be a Part 3"

Anthony..

14 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Here's the latest from FULLSET refarding Project NEON. 

WOOOT! We have some exciting news to share  regarding Project Neon PCB Production Update, Shipping Date Estimates & Pre-Orders Re-Opening on Jan 21: https://fullset.io/pages/project-neon-pcb-production-update-its-happening

FULLSET

Project Neon - PCB Production Update (It's happening!)

📅 Pre-orders re-opening: Sunday, January 21st, 8 AM GST.
✉️ Make sure to add yourself to the notification list using the following links.

Happy New Year everyone 🎉🥳,

we have some exciting news: after extensive research and active exchange with other studios regarding potential hardware pitfalls, we’ve finally entered the PCB design/prototyping phase!

To make sure everything is designed correctly and up to spec, we made sure to get ourselves some active help from nobody else other than legendary Furrtek 🦊 (NeoGeo SD Loader, SiliconRE), Neobitz (Knight’s Chance) and René 🎸. We don't wanna forget about those beveled edges and level translators, do we? 🤓

Based on current estimates, we expect to ship all existing pre-orders around March/April this year!

Furthermore, we’re happy to share some of the last bits we’ve been adding to the game, thanks again to some amazing hands-on help from Neobitz.

- Soft-dips (MVS) / Menu (AES) for setting numbers of ships per coin, switching between TATE/YOKO mode, and per-game demo sound setting
- Correct handling of multi-slot boards to ensure things like passing control back to MVS after the intro/attract scene ends or the player switches between games on the title screen when a coin is inserted
- Hi-score table, including saving support
- Display of available coins
- System (AES/MVS) and region (JPN, US, EUR) specific behavior, e.g. single with separate coin counter, virtual coins
- Pause support (AES only)

Last but not least, we’d like to thank the amazing Brian Hargrove 🏌️for providing us with a NeoSaveMasta Memory Card. So yeah, that’s one last thing to add support for now while we’re waiting for the prototype PCBs to arrive :)

It’s been a long time coming; thank you all for supporting & believing in us! 🙏

- Team FULLSET

Anthony..

Sweet! But all these games coming out around the same time is killing my wallet! LOL

• Like 2