IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

7 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

It's nice to see a Neo Geo game with a quarter-turn monitor rotation. Too bad that you would have to custom-build a cabinet with that feature for the US/EU MVS version.

I second that Slidel. I would've like to see more of that in Neo-Geo games if it was possible for today's indie developers to do so. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darrin9999 said:

Received these this past week also!

Alright!!! Glad to see Super Bubble Pop and Kraut Buster in your collection Darrin. Man! We finally have the Kraut Buster 2nd print and what a wait that we had to endure from NGDEVTEAM. Me and @Madwindoman recently received the game too and were just glad to finally have it in our position. So glad you have yours now as well.

As for Super Bubble Pop. That's a great game and really enjoyed on what @PikoInteractive done with it in their possession. I received it mine last week and what a great price that Eli offered for early pre-orders. I think it was the least expensive so far. Here's a pic of mine to show Darrin. Thank you for sharing your games bro. They look great. :thumbsup: :)

image.thumb.jpeg.f1b0c3616a436e998f3239eb9fbb50d7.jpeg

Anthony..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, segasonicfan_designs said:

Hi everyone!  So cool to see these forums going strong and people sharing cool Neo Geo stuff here! :D

I just made these cool Neo Geo 3D printed keychains.  I thought I would share and how I touched them up:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Hi segasonicfan,

Welcome to The Official NEO-GEO Thread and thank you for enlisting onto AtariAge. Were glad to have you aboard kind sir. Please enjoy your stay and post away throughout the forums as much as you wish my good man. As for anything pertaining to the Neo-Geo or SNK related that you like to share or mention, if free to do so without permission. Will be glad to see the material you share with us. Welcome aboard. :thumbsup: :)

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your awesome video of your cool looking Neo-Geo 3D printed keychains. These look amazing! I love the fine detailing that you put into them and they look so professionally made. I'm very impressed on the work you done with them bro. Would you be thinking on accepting any orders towards the keychains for us in the community to purchase them. I personally  would like to do so. Other would most likely do the same :)

Anthony...

6 hours ago, segasonicfan_designs said:

oh heckyeah!  Recent homebrews?
and thanks @Charlie Cat for keeping this place up to date with all the neo happenings!  Project Neon looks SWEET.  Im also excited for this:

You're very welcome segasonicfan. It's a pleasure to have you on with us. Yes, there are quite a few Neo-Geo titles in the works and will be offered to the public in the immediate future. Vengeance Hunter is one of them. I really look forward to see that game no doubt. :D

Anthony..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Alright!!! Glad to see Super Bubble Pop and Kraut Buster in your collection Darrin. Man! We finally have the Kraut Buster 2nd print and what a wait that we had to endure from NGDEVTEAM. Me and @Madwindoman recently received the game too and were just glad to finally have it in our position. So glad you have yours now as well.

As for Super Bubble Pop. That's a great game and really enjoyed on what @PikoInteractive done with it in their possession. I received it mine last week and what a great price that Eli offered for early pre-orders. I think it was the least expensive so far. Here's a pic of mine to show Darrin. Thank you for sharing your games bro. They look great. :thumbsup: :)

image.thumb.jpeg.f1b0c3616a436e998f3239eb9fbb50d7.jpeg

Anthony..

Dude. That looks awesome! I had no idea Piko Interactive were making these. I'll have to look into it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, twoand2makes5 said:

Dude. That looks awesome! I had no idea Piko Interactive were making these. I'll have to look into it. 

Hi Mike,

Glad that you're interested in regarding Super Bubble Pop bro. It's a really fun game and reasonably priced as well. @PikoInteractive still has some available if you like and I'll provide you with a link to the shop page for you to see the game for your convenience. We hope to see you add it to your collection.  :)

https://www.pikointeractive.com/home/Neo-Super-Bubble-Pop-Neo-Geo-AES-PREORDER-p572209776

A MVS version is also being offered to order as well.

https://www.pikointeractive.com/home/Super-Bubble-Pop-Vectorlogic-MVS-PREORDER-p572210267

Thank you for stopping by to see what's the latest on the Neo-Geo thread. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Great piece from our pal Todd Gill  @ToddsNerdCave on Retro RGB regarding Project Neon. Enjoy folks. :)

https://www.retrorgb.com/neo-geo-shmup-project-neon-enters-pcb-production.html

RetroRGB's Amazon Page

d9ba93f4b77ec6dc8814a8845731d61c?s=50&d=

Neo Geo Shmup Project Neon enters PCB Production

Posted on January 15, 2024 by Todd Gill
project_neon.jpg

It’s been a few years since we’ve reported any updates on Project Neon, the vertical shmup for the Neo Geo, but we have some major news to talk about. The team at Fullset, the group behind Project Neon, have just announced that the game PCBs are in production with an estimate of shipping in March or April of this year!

And, to help them with the PCB design, they have enlisted services from several veterans in the scene: Furrtek, René of db-electronics and Jeff Kurtz of NeoBitz. So there should be no doubt that the AES and MVS PCBs will be voltage correct and have all the proper level translators and beveled edges. And they are adding save game support now thanks to a NeoSaveMasta memory card donation from Brian Hargrove (TurfMasta).

Pre-orders re-open on Sunday January 21st at 8am GST on their website.

https://fullset.io/

I spoke to the lead developer, Sascha Reuter, over the weekend and he shared with me some new screenshots of the game.

vlcsnap-2024-01-15-11h39m49s356-767x1024vlcsnap-2024-01-15-11h41m19s603-773x1024vlcsnap-2024-01-15-11h43m14s628-770x1024vlcsnap-2024-01-15-11h45m06s410-769x1024vlcsnap-2024-01-15-11h48m31s666-774x1024

While the game itself is complete, there have been a few other things recently added to the game:

– Soft-dips (MVS) / Menu (AES) for setting numbers of ships per coin, switching between TATE/YOKO mode, and per-game demo sound setting

– Correct handling of multi-slot boards to ensure things like passing control back to MVS after the intro/attract scene ends or the player switches between games on the title screen when a coin is inserted

– Hi-score table, including saving support

– Display of available coins

– System (AES/MVS) and region (JPN, US, EUR) specific behavior, e.g. single with separate coin counter, virtual coins

– Pause support (AES only)

Check out their website for the latest updates

https://fullset.io/pages/project-neon-pcb-production-update-its-happening

Todd’s thoughts: We Neo Geo fans have been absolutely spoiled over the last couple years with new indie dev game releases. Hypernoid on Neo CD (and hopefully cartridge soon), Xenocrisis and soon Final Vendetta via the Bitmap Bureau to Vengeance Hunters from Nalua Studios and now Project Neon from Fullset. And let’s not forget the recent successful Kickstarter for DaemonClaw. I think it’s about time we stop using the word “homebrew” when describing these games. It conjures up images of a single person working out of their bedroom in their spare time when in reality most of these groups consist of multiple programmers, graphic artists and musicians working full time to bring these games to market. They develop their own software tools, customs designed PCBs and have professional manufacturing done. So lets not call them homebrew and instead refer to them as independent game developers as I think they deserve that respect.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Retro Gaming Ness. let's listen in on what he has to say about Baseball Stars 2. Enjoy. :D

From the description,

"Step up to the plate with 'Baseball Stars 2' on the Neo Geo AES! In this video, we'll be covering the condition, pricing, and playability of this classic sports title. Experience the crack of the bat and the thrill of the diamond as we assess the game's condition, ensuring it stands the test of time visually and functionally. Delve into the current market trends and pricing insights to determine the value of 'Baseball Stars 2' in today's collector's market. Join us as we explore the playability of this baseball gem, discussing its enduring appeal and gameplay mechanics. Whether you're a fan of sports games or a dedicated Neo Geo collector, this video is your guide to understanding the condition, pricing, and playability of 'Baseball Stars 2' for your Neo Geo AES collection. Batter up for a nostalgic journey into the world of classic baseball gaming!"

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member @ShadowGangs on more on his game. :)

NeoGeo Update: For the art direction, I would like one artist that drives the overall look and sprites of the game. Will need to chose one of these two artists take on Dan and Alex, which artist you guys think is best to lead the whole game art?

Anthony..

3 hours ago, retrorussell said:

My video of the NEO GEO game 2020 Super Baseball.  Cool futuristic look at baseball (though 2020 has obviously passed in real time) involving teams comprised of men and women, and robots too!

Hi Russ,

Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic video of you playing 202o Super Baseball with us bro. My father use to enjoy playing this game since he loves Baseball. Was quite amazing that he would spend good money on playing this game and even made it towards the end and defeated it. He still enjoying playing the game when he has the chance doing so. 

Thank you as always Russ. Always a pleasure to see you in action and posting away with us. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XIII GM】 KOF XIII GMの公式オンライン大会、「KOF XIII GM Online Challenge in Japan」いよいよ今週末開催! 事前エントリーをおsれなく! ■開催日時 1/20 (土)13:00予定 ■対象 日本国内、PlayStation4版 ■エントリー(1/18 23:59まで) https://start.gg/tournament/kof-xiii-gm-online-challenge-in-japan/ #KOFXIII #KOF13
Translated from Japanese by
[KOF XIII GM] KOF XIII GM's official online tournament, "KOF XIII GM Online Challenge in Japan" will finally be held this weekend! Don't forget to pre-enter! ■ Date and time Scheduled for 1/20 (Sat) 13:00 ■ Target Japan, PlayStation 4 version ■ Entry (until 1/18 23:59) https://start.gg/tournament/kof-xiii-gm-online-challenge-in-japan/ #KOFXIII #KOF13

Anthony..

Hi guys,

ニンムカイシ!(*`・ω・)ゞ「メタルスラッグアタック」と「にゃんこ大戦争」のコラボイベント開催!コラボガチャに新超激レア「ソル・デ・ロカ」参戦にゃ!また、他の超激レア4体に第3形態追加!さらにコラボ開始2週目からは「強襲!メタルスラッグ」が新登場にゃ! #にゃんこ大戦争 #メタスラ
Nimmukaishi!(*`・ω・)ゞA collaboration event between “Metal Slug Attack” and “Nyanko Great War” will be held! New super rare “Sol de Roca” will be joining the collaboration gacha! Also, a third form has been added to the other 4 super rare bodies! Furthermore, from the second week of the collaboration, “Assault! Metal Slug” will be introduced! #にゃんこ大戦争 #メタスラ

GDoGWNja8AAdXcj?format=png&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

ニャウ(=✧ω✧=)オンエア!【#にゃんこTV】 第124回は『 #メタルスラッグアタック 』 コラボイベント特集にゃ! メタルスラッグ史上最凶の敵 『ソル・デ・ロカ』が新登場にゃ!!! さらに4体のキャラに第3形態進化が追加にゃ! https://youtu.be/QQfwxuRKD0I
Now (=✧ ω ✧=) On air! [ #にゃんこTV ] The 124th episode is “ #メタルスラッグアタック ” Collaboration event special feature nya! The deadliest enemy in the history of Metal Slug, ``Sol de Roca'', is now available!!! In addition, 3rd form evolution has been added to 4 characters!  : https://youtu.be/QQfwxuRKD0I

GD3ls3EaYAAxjKe?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【期間限定イベント SPセール開催!】 火力&バフ両立型ST「アテナXI」登場!1ターン目から発動でき、召喚者に回復効果と攻撃ステータスバフ効果をもたらす。召喚者が女性の場合は更に強力な効果を発動できるぞ! イベント期間:1/15 05:00 - 1/19 05:00:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #麻宮アテナ
[Limited time event SP sale held! ] Introducing the firepower and buff ST “Athena XI”! It can be activated from the first turn and provides a recovery effect and attack status buff effect to the summoner. If the summoner is female, even more powerful effects can be activated! Event period: 1/15 05:00 - 1/19 05:00:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #麻宮アテナ

Anthony..

6 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Metal Slug: Awakening in Stop-motion:

Nice one Slidel. I don't recall seeing this off the internet. But glad you shared it with us. Happy Birthday bro. Enjoy the day with plenty of Neo-Geo action. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1