IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

[FATAL FURY: CotW] Kevin Rian, SWAT officer and South Town sentry, lays down the law! Trailer now up! Voice Actors: Jonah Scott (EN) Akihiro Sakata (JA) KEVIN RIAN: Character Trailer https://youtu.be/Ekd2XTPAx48 #FatalFury #CotW

From the description,
"■KEVIN RIAN (Voice Actor: Jonah Scott) SWAT officer and keeper of the peace stationed in South Town. With trusty companion Marky in tow, this hard-hitting lawman scours the city’s streets in pursuit of the sinister Freeman—the man who murdered his best friend in cold blood. Kevin’s moves are inherently explosive, wildly energetic, and supremely effective; indeed, no perp has ever been able to walk away from them scot-free.

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

SVC CHAOS SNK and CAPCOM in an epic clash of titans 2003's arcade fighting crossover SVC CHAOS is back and better than ever! Out today on Nintendo Switch™, PS4, and GOG! Official HP: https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/svc/ #SVCchaos #SNK #Capcom

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Guess who's coming to Street Fighter 6....WOW!! :)

Feasting for a new adventure, Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury will power his way to victory when he arrives in Street Fighter 6 this autumn. 

From the description,

"Feasting for a new adventure, Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury will power his way to victory when he arrives in Street Fighter 6 this autumn. Terry can be purchased individually with Fighter Coins and the owners of the Year 2 Character Pass / Ultimate Pass will automatically get access to Terry when he releases."

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Back with Nalua Studio on more with Vengeance Hunters.

We have a treat for you Hunters tonight! Not only are we showing off our 3rd and final playable character, Loony, but I will also give you a sneak peak of what it will be like to play VENGEANCE! (Hard) mode.

From the description,

"I have something really special for you all tonight. I am showcasing our 3rd and final playable character in Vengeance Hunters, Loony. Loony is a ranged combo monster who has a signature move of the Fist Missile (FISSILE) and he can do full screen combos, off the wall bounces, off the ground bounces, launchers and he can zone a bit too. If you're really into non-traditional action characters, he's your guy. Also, I figured I would show off our version of Hard mode called VENGEANCE! mode. This mode isn't just buffing enemy HP and calling it a day. It also increases their speed and mobility, their attack speed, their aggression and for some enemies it will modify how often they use certain attacks that are more powerful. So you'll need to be aware of this and play VENGEANCE! mode tactically while also knowing the ins and outs of the combo system. Feel free to ask questions in the comments or on Twitter! Heck, join our Discord too :)"

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

I just purchased SVC Chaos for the Switch. I can tell you (by playing the MVS version so much), that this version has improved hit detection and better controls.

The controls threw me off, because the Neo Geo version feels a bit floaty, but the Switch version feels rock solid. And your moves don’t miss (like before) in certain instances. Terry’s ‘Crackshot’ overlaps the enemy still, so you have to learn how to ‘stand back’ a little more.

The online gameplay is quite good, even with spectators. There’s no lag whatsoever.

My verdict? Buy it! You won’t be disappointed if you do. It’s also only $20, which is much better than what I spent on my authentic MVS copy a couple of years ago.

29 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Back with Nalua Studio on more with Vengeance Hunters.

We have a treat for you Hunters tonight! Not only are we showing off our 3rd and final playable character, Loony, but I will also give you a sneak peak of what it will be like to play VENGEANCE! (Hard) mode.

From the description,

"I have something really special for you all tonight. I am showcasing our 3rd and final playable character in Vengeance Hunters, Loony. Loony is a ranged combo monster who has a signature move of the Fist Missile (FISSILE) and he can do full screen combos, off the wall bounces, off the ground bounces, launchers and he can zone a bit too. If you're really into non-traditional action characters, he's your guy. Also, I figured I would show off our version of Hard mode called VENGEANCE! mode. This mode isn't just buffing enemy HP and calling it a day. It also increases their speed and mobility, their attack speed, their aggression and for some enemies it will modify how often they use certain attacks that are more powerful. So you'll need to be aware of this and play VENGEANCE! mode tactically while also knowing the ins and outs of the combo system. Feel free to ask questions in the comments or on Twitter! Heck, join our Discord too :)"

Anthony..

This latest dev video makes me glad I pre-ordered a copy of Vengeance Hunters. The harder difficulty mode is right up my ally! I can’t wait to play this gem of a game! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I purchased a mint copy of Dunk Dreams for the Neo Geo CD for only $45!

It’s coming from Japan, but it’s worth the wait! I’m not really a sports fan, but I love the sports games on the Neo Geo!

Excellent to see you owning Dunk Dreams for the BGCD Mike. I use to have this game. Sadly, when I moved this and a few other games got lost. I never knew whatever happened to it though. Oh well, I think it's time to buy another cop of it. Thank you for sharing this with us Mike. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Great video from Game Sack on SNK before the launch of the Neo-Geo. Well made for sure. :)

From the description,

"Episode 409 - SNK is best known for their NeoGeo arcade and home systems, but what where they up to before that? Well... that's what this episode is about!"

Anthony..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Diving into SVC CHAOS! #1 Ready for some fun, frantic, fast-paced online matches? Newly added rollback netcode and online lobbies (for up to nine players) bring SVC CHAOS into a new era of gaming. Official HP: https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/svc/ #SVCchaos #SNK #Capcom

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Diving into SVC CHAOS! #4 Exciting extra features to perfect your SVC CHAOS experience: All-new Gallery Mode spanning 89 pieces of artwork (key art, character portraits, and more)—a veritable visual feast! Official HP: https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/svc/ #SVCchaos #SNK #Capcom

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

The legendary SNK VS. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS returns in an ultimate version on #NintendoSwitch & #PS4! SNK’s masterpiece will be available in three variants: Standard, Collector's and Deluxe.   Preorder on July 25 at 4 p.m. (UK time) on http://pixnlove.com

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Received the latest newsletter from FULLSET  yesterday on the progress of Project Neon. Enjoy the read. :)

RvX3ziAs_normal.jpgFULLSET

Project Neon - AES Collectors Edition (Preorder)

·
Hey hey everyone,

It's just past midnight over here in Germany, but we thought the following deserves a quick update here before we hit the hay for today

After lots of design iteration and endless testing, we finally put in the production order for the MVS PCB last week, with the AES PCB order planned to follow later this week!

As usual, we simply couldn't find an end to it; always pushing for one more detail or thing to add. So just to give you an idea and leave everyone with hopefully the same excitement as ours, here are just some facts on the
"FSNG-1 boards:

- Rocking 1608 MEGS (!!) in total available capacity 
- Support for wired (USB-C) and wireless (TBC) game updates 
- Working perfectly on multi-slot systems, without any initial skipping of the cart 
- Tested on over 29 (!!) different systems thanks to our amazing friends at Bitmap Bureau 

As you can probably tell, we have big ambitions with these in regard to not only futures updates for Project Neon, but also way beyond.

In terms of next steps, we put everything in motion to ship in August; pretty much the very day we receive those PCBs from the factory!

Sascha
Team Fullset

Anthony..

Hi guys,

[FATAL FURY: CotW] Check out the character design sheet for Kevin Rian! Character page also live over on the official site! https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/fatalfury-cotw/characters/kevin.php #FatalFury #CotW #KevinRian

Anthony..

On 7/22/2024 at 6:12 PM, ColecoGamer said:

I purchased a mint copy of Dunk Dreams for the Neo Geo CD for only $45!

It’s coming from Japan, but it’s worth the wait! I’m not really a sports fan, but I love the sports games on the Neo Geo!

IMG_9203.thumb.jpeg.a826df7f6cf641f03ee699aa7c650381.jpeg

Nice. This one is on my list to get also. I have 3 more Neo Geo CD games coming this week, so I'll post some pics when they arrive...

• Like 2

On 7/15/2024 at 9:09 AM, ColecoGamer said:

Hey All,

I’m interested in hearing from people who bought Knight’s Chance for the Neo Geo.

Being a difficult game, have you been able to add your name to the High Score table yet? I finally made 5th place in Mystic Dice, placing my name on the High Score table. It was no easy task, I’ll tell you what! My best score is currently at 6580.

What is your best score? It can be from any of the four included games.

My lil 8 year old daughter still has the high game for mystic dice at 6700. I actually tied her this morning in my bonus roll of the tenth frame. I rolled 2 1’s to gimme 6700. 4 dice remaining. And I busted. I can say that my high score for a single frame is 3100IMG_2546.thumb.jpeg.c75488b764e500dbd6c5f03d38ee49c2.jpegIMG_2547.thumb.jpeg.eb5860a87b24dec6c8ae26a9d3943895.jpeg

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Madwindoman said:

My lil 8 year old daughter still has the high game for mystic dice at 6700. I actually tied her this morning in my bonus roll of the tenth frame. I rolled 2 1’s to gimme 6700. 4 dice remaining. And I busted. I can say that my high score for a single frame is 3100IMG_2546.thumb.jpeg.c75488b764e500dbd6c5f03d38ee49c2.jpegIMG_2547.thumb.jpeg.eb5860a87b24dec6c8ae26a9d3943895.jpeg

That’s awesome! My top score is 6750 and I can’t go any higher, no matter what I do! 

I’m now familiar with the card games, but I still can’t get a high score. The highest score to get on the board is 5,000 and I can’t get beyond 4,000; I bust every time!

I never expected Knight’s Chance to be so addicting and enjoyable. It’s a great time to be a Neo Geo gamer!

• Like 2

On 7/21/2024 at 10:57 AM, Gemintronic said:

Anybody know which way the Neo Fusion Converter actually goes?

On the general shop page it says MVS -> AES which is what I need since my latest Neo Geo is a consolized MVS.  BUT, when you click on the actual product page it says AES -> MVS :(

Hi Geminit,

Sadly, there isn't any product available at this time on a AES to MVS converter. A complex issue that I found a quick answer for you and for others to be aware on why off the neo-geo.com fourms.

"

"AES to MVS is basically impossible due to how the C ROM (graphics) is handled between the two systems. Somewhere along the way from cart to console, the graphics are multiplexed with a custom chip (PRO-CT0, NEO-ZMC2 or NEO-CMC for example). That custom chip is on the MVS board, but on the AES that custom chip is in every cartridge. MVS to AES converters are very simple therefore, that custom chip for graphics multiplexing is put in the converter.

In super simple terms, in an AES to MVS converter, the graphics would have to be unpacked, packed and then unpacked again. It might not actually be possible to do all that without graphical glitching or other problems due to all the time needed to do the pack/unpack operations."

I apologize that there isn't a way to do so at this time. But who knows, maybe in the immediate future as technology progresses there would be an accessory to allow so bro. :)

Anthony...

• Sad 1