IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Yes, that would be me mentioning Game Dude! ;-)

I've been asking that question for years in regards to Magician Lord! The game is on my personal favorite list and have it for the MVS, AES, CD! To start off, ADK (originally named Alpha Denshi or Alpha) was a very small Japanese game developer in Japan! It started in 1980-2003. It became an exclusive developer for SNK! One reason was that they were making a cluster of video games that would be developed 1 or 2 at the time!

My personal reason on why ADK didn't make a MG2 was that maybe the game was perfect the way it was, and didn't need a squeal.... IMO, the game was excellent to the beginning, to the end!

Anthony...

If the topic were movies and not games, then I would agree 100%, because there are many, many amazing movies which never spawned a sequel. However, how many truly amazing video games are there with no attempted sequel? Not many at all. I don't buy the reason they thought it was already perfect because the ending hinted it wasn't over yet. I think (it's been years lol). One possible reason is SNK's focus on fighting games. Perhaps they thought SNK wouldn't fund it properly? It remains a mystery.

By the way, I ran a BBS from 1994-1997. I recently loaded it, and was reading messages. In one I said the Neo-Geo was released in the US in October 1990. Very interesting. :)

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Adding more videos for do-it-your-selfers on giving visual insight on how to repair Neo-Geo systems from individuals that repair their own units to help give you an idea on what to expect .

Tonight, to will be on the AES console on issues with the console to help other members on doing the job instead of costly outside repairs!

Anthony...

• Like 1

My concave IL buttons with Cherry switches arrived today--super fast shipping from Paradise Arcade Shop. The MAS controller went from being extremely tiring and even painful in shooters to me putting 3 scores over my Aero Fighters 2 may-to-now best with one of those scores being on the first try. I don't know why Happ parts became trash, but I can confirm that it's the case. IL seems to be the way to go for american/european-style parts these days, and I'm thinking that I might even want to go back for a set of their convex buttons, just to try them out.

I'm keeping the optical stick, since it's more work to replace than it's worth, and seems to function decently well. It's kind of a weird unit in that the red square PCB is actually the stick's movement gate.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

My concave IL buttons with Cherry switches arrived today--super fast shipping from Paradise Arcade Shop. The MAS controller went from being extremely tiring and even painful in shooters to me putting 3 scores over my Aero Fighters 2 may-to-now best with one of those scores being on the first try. I don't know why Happ parts became trash, but I can confirm that it's the case. IL seems to be the way to go for american/european-style parts these days, and I'm thinking that I might even want to go back for a set of their convex buttons, just to try them out.

I'm keeping the optical stick, since it's more work to replace than it's worth, and seems to function decently well. It's kind of a weird unit in that the red square PCB is actually the stick's movement gate.

That's really cool! Now I really want to get that MAS controller done more than ever!

Anthony...

I just wrapped up a video on the old classic DO! RUN RUN and it got me thinking of NEO MR. DO!. Did that one have a hidden free credit diamond like the other games in the series?

For those that didn't know, there was to be a laserdisc game in the Mr. Do! series, but it never got finished.

• Like 1

I just wrapped up a video on the old classic DO! RUN RUN and it got me thinking of NEO MR. DO!. Did that one have a hidden free credit diamond like the other games in the series?

For those that didn't know, there was to be a laserdisc game in the Mr. Do! series, but it never got finished.

I don't know if that one had the free credit run, but I have to check it out to see. Love Mr. Do is my sisters favorite game! ;-)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Tonight, I'm continuing to show the visual repair guides on repairing Neo-Geo Systems. Tonight will be on the MVS units and how they repair the problems that exist on them Hopefully it can help the members that do have them can fix the issues that are similar to these videos without spending money from an outside source!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I tend not to think it does. I've never seen one in all my hours with the game, but it's more the lack of a softdip to turn it off (for regions where it might not be legal) that make me lean toward not.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

NGDEVTEAM has announced that Razion LE is avalible in English and Japanese! Here is what they said on their Facebook page.

"Razion AES LE pre sales are open now. Limitation is set to 75 units"

Pre order / advance order / precommande / la reserva / Vorbestellung
Ships in 2015

To be kept informed about this item you can join the shop newsletter, follow us on Twitter or Facebook.

Razion AES LE ENG/JPN combined is limited to 75 units worldwide!

Razion AES LE: Japanese

RAZION is a horizontal CGI shooting game.
The score system is based on growing gold cubes and using the beam
It has 3 game modes (NOVICE/NORMAL/MANIAC).
Novice mode is significantly easier and will allow more people to enjoy the great graphics and music.

Game

6 stages with varied settings
6 huge endbosses
7 subbosses
3 game modes
Rendered 16-bit CGI graphics
Stage long panorama backgrounds
Horizontal shooting game

Hardware Specs (AES)

AES NEOGEO Homesystem compatible
Designed for NTSC / 60Hz consoles
1560 Megabits
Full Digitized Stereo Soundtrack
Custom made PCBs
Sacrifice free SNK style packaging

• Razion AES NEOGEO AES Cart
  • Final version
  • 1560MEGS
  • High quality STEREO music / full soundtrack on cartridge
  • Console mode support
  • Snap case
  • Cart sticker JAPANESE
  • Offset printed insert JAPANESE
  • Offset printed full color game manual: 12pages
  • Manual baggy
  • Holographic serial number sticker

rz_aes_jpn_front_shop_600px.jpg

rz_aes_jpn_back_shop_600px.jpg

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=79

=====================================================================================================

rz_aes_eng_front_shop_600px.jpg

rz_aes_eng_back_shop_600px.jpg

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=78&osCsid=50ee3b2114b9867ca51cfd2d8157b3fe

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today, I would like to show a video on the differences between counterfeit Neo-Geo AES cartridges vs. real, authentic AES cartridges!

This is to help viewers to be aware from spending money from sellers that are dishonest to purchasers and to help distinguish the products that are real, and the ones that are fake!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Le Cortex, the makers of "Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon" made a long video of their upcoming video game and an inside look at the company. Its in French!

The Steam version of CPHD is in the humble weekly bundle right now. (link)

I haven't yet decided if it's worth picking up yet.

• Like 1

The Steam version of CPHD is in the humble weekly bundle right now. (link)

I haven't yet decided if it's worth picking up yet.

I haven't decided if it's worth it too! On the Neo-Geo forums,many disregarded it as a Neo-Geo title and heavily criticize it! Its not as expensive as a NGDEVTEAM title. But, I would like to have it in my collection! I'm trying to outweigh things here for it!

Anthony....

Hi guys,

I received an e-mail from Timm at NGDEVTEAM regarding Last Hope Pink Bullets. Here is what it says and an update for the PCB boards.

"Hello,yes we will announce it as soon as we received the PCBs from the factory and tested them all. We have estimated early November for that."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Pre-orders for Razion LE Japanese and English versions are now sold out after being available for 1 week! Thank you for your support on the game!

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=79&osCsid=f23ccee59fa9ff4ce211793da04cab83

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=78

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Continuing with videos of collecting Neo-Geo products and found a great video with Metal Jesus with his friend Reggie on the NGPC! A really nice video and worth seeing for the NGPC fans out there and Neo-Geo fans in general!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224