IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Today, I'm showing a video on unboxing a Neo-Geo AES system! Now members that had started collecting the AES system, were able to purchase the system with the necessary components to play the system were loose and with no box (like myself). This video shows how the packaging of an AES is like when its complete in a box!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Showing off the unboxing videos again. But this time on the Neo Geo Pocket Color! This video also shows the NGPC carrying case (which is nice to have in your collection!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpJlU9h-G0E

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

One of my friends ask me to do something with the Neo-Geo X. So I figured its best to do a unboxing video on the system and see what they think about the system first! Unfortunately, the NGX could've been much better IMO. But everybody has their own thoughts about it on the hardware!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again doing on unboxing video on the Neo-Geo X. This time its on the Mega Pack Vol. 1. For those that are still interested on getting this controversial unit. Please take a quick look at the video to help give you a better understanding about this pack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-tbRxyWM9w

Anthony...

Hi guys,

I found a nice video about a Neo-Geo player that made his own custom Neo-Geo MVS using an old coffee table! Quite ingenious if you ask me and nice custom coloring done to it! Enjoy!

"Neo Geo Coffee Table-Cade"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Here something fun to watch. Fans of the cosplay universe are making live action videos imitating video games that they play on video games systems! This video is on "King Of Fighters 2001". Its really something great to watch!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Here something fun to watch. Fans of the cosplay universe are making live action videos imitating video games that they play on video games systems! This video is on "King Of Fighters 2001". Its really something great to watch!

Anthony...

Doing that in public my god... They must be some serious troopers.

• Like 1

Hi guys.

Here is the latest from Jeff Kurtz in regards to "Knight's Chance" for those that pre-ordered the game for the AES.

"Just a quick update on AES pre-orders.

We're waiting on the assembled PCBs to come in. Once they are in, we will begin testing/packing/shipping AES orders. I'm expecting this to occur the week of 10/27/2014."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, I was on my computer playing a fun title called "Neo Pong". The game is just like Pong and has music from Shaia's stage in Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer The game came out in 2002 . As you continue throughout the game, the neo pong sign starts to move around. Its a cute game to past the time and worth trying out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNWjFZ3Y4n8

Anthony

If you go to neo-geo.com forums, they have a member called Jeff Kurtz who is making Knight's Chance for the AES and made it for the MVS as well. He can help you out if you need it!

Anthony...

I'm a bit shy to go to neo-geo.com forums to be honest ... (I've heard many stories about this forum) :|

Does Jeff Kurtz have a website where I could contact him directly ?

Thanks Anthony for your help, I appreciate :)

• Like 1

I'm a bit shy to go to neo-geo.com forums to be honest ... (I've heard many stories about this forum) :|

Does Jeff Kurtz have a website where I could contact him directly ?

Thanks Anthony for your help, I appreciate :)

Jeff Kurtz has his e-mail available to see on the neo-geo.com forums for the members and for guest.

But I'll PM you the e-mail for your questions that you need to address to him.

Hope this helps. ;-)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

A respected member from the Neo-geo community name "Razoola" was able to make a conversion of "Crossed Swords 2" for the MVS/AES! This title was only available for the NGCD. Razoola said this on Youtube,

"I had a go at converting Crossed Swords 2 from the Neo Geo CD system to run on the MVS/AES platform after a member of the Neo Geo community sparked my interest. It is one of the last games released on the CD system that was never released on cartridge based systems or has been converted.

What you see in the video is a quick one handed recording showing MVS mode and then the game in AES mode. Trying to play with one hand is hard :) Story mode is played in the MVS part of the video and Battle mode is shown in the AES part.

The game is running in an emulator and programming work is not 100% complete but both game modes are fully playable and SoftDIP's function correctly . Sorry about the video quality but its enough to show the game running, artifacts are also due to video quality."

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back continuing to show videos of Neo-Geo owners on unboxing their systems. Today, it will be on the NGCD front loading system. Its not going to be any talking from the video uploader. Its just going to have music and how he opens the box on his system that came through the mail.

The music is from a great Finnish symphonic metal band called "Night Wish" and the song is called "Wishmaster".

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

The artwork has arrived for "Knight's Chance" for the AES! Here is more from Jeff Kurtz at Neobitz.on Facebook.

"AES artwork has arrived. Assembled PCBs due to arrive next week. We're expecting to start shipping orders the week of 10/27."
1016835_883115925046628_8018283964139474

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This morning, I decided to play Neo Mr.Do for the MVS. A highly addictive game by Viscol and was only available in the arcades! The gameplay and music is great and the strategy can be tough! Overall a fun and worthwhile title to have in your collection! If your a Mr.Do fan, you HAVE to play this version!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Tonight, I'm showing classic Neo-Geo commercials that were aired when the platform was active. These videos are for the Neo-Geo CD for the Front and top loader that aired in the mid 1990's in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvMA0JzEEbA

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224