IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

The Omega is a solid CMVS choice too. I probably would've gone with one of those instead of the Analogue unit, but they weren't out at the time. I've met the guy who makes the Omega a few times too, really cool guy. :thumbsup:

I've been thinking on getting an Omega by the end of this year! Its really an excellent piece of work! That's cool that's you met the man that makes them! Wish that day will come with me!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

NGDEVTEAM announced that Razion for the MVS will start shipping next week! Here is what they said on their Facebook page.

"Dear customers,

Razion for NEO GEO MVS starts shipping next week.

Please contact us if your shipping address has changed since the order. Changing your shipping address in the shop effects only new orders. The old ones need to be manually updated by us.

If you are on vacation, we can schedule your order for later shipping. Just let us know.

To process all pre-orders we will need 2 weeks. The shop system will update you automatically.

------------

You can find a picture of the Shockbox CE + gamecenter full kit here:

http://www.ngdevteam.com/images/stories/razion_mvs_ce_fullkit_frontpage_640x640px.jpg

------------

Other news:

We added a new shipping option (at extra costs) to the shop. With it normal editions can be packaged/shipped like AES CEs/ MVS LEs. Shipped in a bigger sturdy box, with MVS kit contents unfolded in an extra box.

We updated our FAQ section and added information about _MVS_ reprint dates. Those dates will be adjusted over time.

http://www.ngdevteam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=3&Itemid=58

Gigashock games:

RAZION: NEOGEO MVS: currently available (December 2014) / next reprint 2016/17 *
FAST STRIKER: NEOGEO MVS: currently available (December 2014) / next reprint 2016/17 *

* Being 2017 more likely.

Normal games:

Gunlord: NEOGEO MVS: next reprint 2015 *
Last Hope Pink Bullets: NEOGEO MVS: next reprint 2015 *

* Depends on the ROM configuration and PCB revision of our next game.

Best regards,

NG : DEV . TEAM
"
10157173_793805424009067_359578599760210
Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, I was playing "Safari Rally" on my computer. Another early arcade by SNK in 1979 and a cute title none the less. You drive around collecting points while trying to avoid getting hit by a rival Jeep and capturing wild animals in the safari.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back doing a request for Bakasama on "Psycho Soldier" on my computer. Too bad I wasn't playing this game more often. Its a fun shooter and that should be on your list on play in regards to pre-Neo-Geo titles in the 1980's. Released in 1986(JP) and 1987 (NA), Psycho Soldier is considered to be a sequel to Athena. A side scrolling shooter, you play as Athena Asamiya, a descendant of Princess Athena from the earlier Athena title and receives help from another gifted friend Sie Kensou. The game was also the first arcade title to introduce a vocal music soundtrack which is feature in Japanese and later translated to English for the U.S. market!

According to Wikipedia, " The Japanese version of the song was released as a single in 1987 on a special cassette that was available only to those who purchased the Nintendo Famicom version of Athena in Japanese retail stores. The cassette also included a special vocal version of the ending theme."

Anyway, Psycho Solder is a fun game to say the least, its music, gameplay and replay value is quite high and the game is a must if your interested in playing SNK titles before the Neo-Geo platforms! Try it out and you'll love it!

Here is the cassette version theme single in Japanese when you purchased Athnea for the Famicom in Japan

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Thanks for the vids. Although I got say the English singing is pretty bad. The Japanese version sounds a lot better.

The interesting thing about Athena is that she could've been the mascot for SNK but Terry Bogard is more or less the mascot now.

Your welcome and glad you liked it! :thumbsup: If you have anymore request in the future for SNK titles, please let me know! I'll do my best to do a review and post videos on it!

Your right the English version music was bad! The Japanese version fir the environment perfectly for the song!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Tonight, I'm continuing playing pre-Neo-Geo arcade titles with a game called "Fantasy". Dated for 1981, Fantasy was developed by a company called "Rock-Ola" (which they manufacturer jukeboxes) and published by SNK ! This games uses a joystick only similar to Pac-Man and the music a rendition to the popular "Funkytown" song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1iJ8C87-2o

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Tonight, I'm playing "Marvin's Maze". Developed in 1983, Marvin's Maze is a maze game where the player fight against Robonoids while trying to clear the maze of dots. There are two ways to finish each rack: eating up all the dots, or destroying a certain number of Robonoids (listed at the bottom of the screen). Two ways to destroy the Robonoids: shoot them, or remove the ground from under them at certain points of the maze (the 'Trick').

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJgxW9mEuA

Anthony...

I got a copy of Fast Striker MVS the other day. I planned to run it in my 2 slot cabinet. It doesn't allow the second cart to run which I found really strange. I tested with several games. It also doesn't support coin op mode or dip settings even though it has a dip sheet with it. After looking online I guess the cart has v1.5 on it and there is a v1.6. Don't know why the new cart shipped with the older version. Anybody know the deal with running this game in coin op mode?

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning, I'm playing "Vanguard II" on my computer! Released by SNK in 1984, Vanguard II is the sequel from Vanguard, a fun shooter with better graphics and sound. This time you have more control over your ship by navigating through areas to attack your enemies! However the pace is slower than the original, its still a nice title to play!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_QG7B7yp-o

Anthony...

I got a copy of Fast Striker MVS the other day. I planned to run it in my 2 slot cabinet. It doesn't allow the second cart to run which I found really strange. I tested with several games. It also doesn't support coin op mode or dip settings even though it has a dip sheet with it. After looking online I guess the cart has v1.5 on it and there is a v1.6. Don't know why the new cart shipped with the older version. Anybody know the deal with running this game in coin op mode?

I've heard of NG: Dev games not working in certain slots.

With Fast Striker: Did you buy a coin op copy? I know they used to sell two different versions.

• Like 1

I've heard of NG: Dev games not working in certain slots.

With Fast Striker: Did you buy a coin op copy? I know they used to sell two different versions.

I thought I did buy a coin op version. It was called the Game center Kit, but now I am thinking not. It is version 1.5. From what little I have seen online it looks like it should work with other carts and the soft dip menu should come up. So far it hasn't been working that way. I will have to try putting other carts in there. Kind of frustrating for a very expensive game to behave this way.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning, I'm playing Neo Bomberman for the Neo-Geo MVS. All I can say is GREAT GAME and wished they made an AES version of it!

You play in a maze like board in which you try to defeat the enemies in the stage and find your way out by helping trapped friends to continue on to the next area! A player co-op is also included in the game and you can also battle each other in battle mode! Matches can be set to battle royal or team mode! Playing this game MUST be on your list!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I tested Fast Striker with my 2 slot pcb more last night.

Fast Striker + Magical Drop II, Bust a Move, or Gunlord = Machine works fine. You can switch games, enter dip setting menu, etc. Fast Striker goes to the Menu Screen for you to press start.

Fast Striker solo = Game just starts up with a selection timer. Doesn't go to menu screen. Can't enter dip setting menu

Fast Striker + (KOF2003, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, SVC, Nam, finally stopped testing) = Either Fast Striker plays as a solo game and the second cart is not recognized at all, or the machine won't boot at all. Can't enter dip menu

So it seems like this game only play nicely with a few other carts. Kind of a bummer since I like to keep either a Metal Slug or fighting game in the other cart slot for parties. I am guessing they just don't test these in a real coin op setting since most people are not running them that way any more.

But the game is really fun. Given that it is a early homebrew of theirs they get a pass on 100% compatibility. I just hope Raizon doesn't have these same issues since they are several games in at this point.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Metal Slug 3 is coming to the PS4 and Vita! More Neo-Geo classics will be on their way soon!

"Metal Slug 3 Coming to PS4 & Vita, More NEOGEO Classics on the Way"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/04/metal-slug-3-coming-to-ps4-vita-more-neogeo-classics-on-the-way/

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

So it seems like this game only play nicely with a few other carts. Kind of a bummer since I like to keep either a Metal Slug or fighting game in the other cart slot for parties. I am guessing they just don't test these in a real coin op setting since most people are not running them that way any more.

Right, most have the access now to get a CMVS or converter to play them for their convenience! Happy that you were able to spot this out! It will be good for reference for future indie titles for the units to test out!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here's something interesting to watch. A Youtube subscriber by the name of "NeoHomeBrew" is developing a homebrew submarine shooter for the Neo-Geo. The graphics look nice so far, and the developer is making progress with it. Check it out. he has 4 videos of them so far!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224