IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I'm in no way an old hand at the Neo Geo, but according to the master list I believe the titles were:

Goal! Goal! Goal!,

Neo Geo Cup '98,

Pleasure Goal 5-on-5 Street Soccer,

Soccer Brawl,

Super Sidekicks,

Super Sidekicks 2,

Super Sidekicks 3,

Super Sidekicks 4: The Ultimate 11 &

Tecmo World Soccer '96.

Hahaha. You beat me to it Chaos! :-D

Anthony...

• Like 1

The newest addition to my 'Geo collection.. it's gonna start slowing down a bit now, hehe.. But I had to grab this one.

Now this is cool. Glad you got Robo Army Chaos. One of the better brawlers for the Neo-Geo for sure! I'm still trying to get Mutation Nation and trying to debate myself which is the better out of the two! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Now this is cool. Glad you got Robo Army Chaos. One of the better brawlers for the Neo-Geo for sure! I'm still trying to get Mutation Nation and trying to debate myself which is the better out of the two! :)

Anthony...

Mutation Nation was fun, also, my cat seemed to like the characters moving on the screen lol.. I think they're both cool in their own way, one's got a bunch of snazzy robots and the other's a bunch of weirdo mutations. I would've liked a female selectable character out of either, like Blaze from Streets of Rage, but they're still awesome. = )

• Like 1

Robo Army I try to get into at times, but it just seems aggressively cheap on the kills. Now Mutation Nation I loved that one enough even though it's on the 161in1 cart I bought it. Same goes also with a few others that overlap I own that I picked up after that initial lot of 9 games plus the multicart -- Burning Fight (reminds me of Final Fight), 8Man, Mutation Nation, Neo Turf Masters, Spin Master, and World Heroes. Any other games I have were in that lot or are unique games it lacks I loved back in the 90s.

• Like 1

Mutation Nation was fun, also, my cat seemed to like the characters moving on the screen lol.. I think they're both cool in their own way, one's got a bunch of snazzy robots and the other's a bunch of weirdo mutations. I would've liked a female selectable character out of either, like Blaze from Streets of Rage, but they're still awesome. = )

You got a Cat? AWESOME!!!. 1 million likes for you Chaos. :) Meow-Meow! :-D

You're right. Mutation Nation is a great game. Its always on my list to purchase, but other worthwhile titles always decoupage me to buy it next!.

Anthony...

Robo Army I try to get into at times, but it just seems aggressively cheap on the kills. Now Mutation Nation I loved that one enough even though it's on the 161in1 cart I bought it. Same goes also with a few others that overlap I own that I picked up after that initial lot of 9 games plus the multicart -- Burning Fight (reminds me of Final Fight), 8Man, Mutation Nation, Neo Turf Masters, Spin Master, and World Heroes. Any other games I have were in that lot or are unique games it lacks I loved back in the 90s.

I always had a great interest for Burning Fight Tanooki. I thought it was more than an average brawler like many would say, and a worthwhile title to purchase for your collection. I use to like to make it to the underground shopping center and face the 2nd boss that looked like Hulk Hogan. As a boy, I was always interested in Japanese nightlife. So Burning Fight in Stage 1 was influential for me in regards to it!

Anthony...

Burning Fight and 8Man are ones I plan on getting eventually, I've heard Burning Fight is only "so-so" when compared to the other beat 'em ups though.

I still believe that Burning Fight was a good brawler. I maybe in the minority for saying that.

I love the Stage 1 environment that was influential for me to enjoy the Japanese night life in which its one of the reasons the Japanese are known for with its mesmerizing electronic display of lights like in the Ginza section of Tokyo. My favorite stage boss is in the underground shopping center to face the boss that look awfully similar to Hulk Hogan. :-D

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

1. #NeoGeo - BASEBALL STARS PROFESSIONAL - no instructions - FREE SHIPPING #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/jiyADaphOd

C3N-nKZWAAAcmG-.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet1 like
    Retweet
    Liked
  2. #NeoGeo - TOP PLAYER'S GOLF - complete with instructions - FREE SHIPPING #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/AZdxbylSkV

C3PTwPTWQAAjyjf.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet1 like
    Retweet
    Liked

METAL SLUG X PS1/Japanese Sony Playstation SNK/COMPLETE RARE JAPAN/#NeoGeo #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/EaPeSMyDVC

C3LbhQoWIAEgFrj.jpg
0 replies2 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Who knows what bootlegs were on the neo. Example (kof 2004)

Hey Evan,

Many Visco games that are on the AES are bootlegs such as Neo Drift Out, Nightmare in the Dark, Breakers Revenge, Ganryu are certainly are. However a group called NCI and Neo Ayato claim they had the rights from Visco to convert these games over to the AES. But that's been debatable for quite sometime! So in the meanwhile I considered them that!

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

I was going to refer to the master list but it looks like there's not much about the rom hacks / bootlegs. I only really see Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2003.

http://www.neo-geo.com/snk/masterlist.htm

I remember Le Cortex was suppose to release Crunching Pony Hidden Dragon for the Neo-Geo. Last time I check they didn't released it due do problems on their own part. But personally, I never wanted this game in the first place.

So many in the community considered it questionable as well.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224