IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Bitmap Books Announces Officially Licensed NEOGEO: A Visual History

400 pages celebrating the Rolls Royce of game consoles

900x.jpg

UK publisher Bitmap Books - previously responsible for The Unofficial NES/Famicom: A Visual Compendium and Super Famicom: The Box Art Collection - has announced that its next project is NEOGEO: A Visual History, an officially licensed publication celebrating one of the most iconic gaming platforms ever made - and one which will be instantly familiar to Switch owners, as HAMSTER's excellent range of ACA NEOGEO titles has effectively turned the console into a portable arcade machine.

NEOGEO: A Visual History is packed with hardware photography, cover artwork, concept artwork and associated memorabilia, as well as interviews with key SNK staff such as Yasuyuki Oda, Tatsuhiko Kanaoka (AKA Falcoon) and Hideki Asanaka.

At 400 pages long, this hardback book will come in three different editions. The Standard Edition costs £29.99, while The Collector’s Edition - £49.99 - ships in a heavy board black slipcase with five A4 posters, two stickers and an enamel pin badge. This edition is exclusive to the pre-order period.

900x.jpg
900x.jpg

If you want something even fancier, then the MEGA Edition offers the same package as the Collector’s Edition but comes in a metallic gold slipcase and includes an exclusive ‘Memory Card Kid’ black T-shirt. Costing £69.99, the MEGA Edition is limited to 330 copies and comes with a stamped letter of authentication.

900x.jpg
900x.jpg

Pre-orders open at 7AM BST on Monday 3rd July 2017, direct from the publisher. Worldwide shipping is available and delivery is expected in September; if you'd like to sign up for an email update the moment pre-orders open, you can do so here. Will you be buying this one?

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

1. ゲーメスト付録の「龍虎の拳」冊子が出て来た。 余裕っちなんて微塵も感じさせないユリが今見ると新鮮 #ネオジオ #SNKpic.twitter.com/HeYyJFwdcc

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Gayest Appendix "art of fighting" book came out. Afford I China I now sees Lily doesn't feel as completely free and fresh #ネオジオ #SNK

Cqn9Zx5UIAEBfMM.jpg
    Cqn9b4HUMAAEWND.jpg
    Cqn9cuPUkAA83ob.jpg
    Cqn9duGVUAA6YX5.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with Karanba72 doing another great soundtrack for us. Let's listen to ASO shall we? :)

00:07】 01 Credit~Theme of SYD ( First half of the Area )
01:53】 02 SYD Over Drive ( The second half of Area )
04:36】 03 Hekaterian ( 1 Area Boss ) and Mekapuku ( 7 Area Boss ) and ShariputoraⅠ,Ⅱ ( 3 or 9 Area Boss )
05:04】 04 Hanomasu-zei ( 2 Area Boss ) and Zorenia-zei ( 8 Area Boss )
05:41】 05 BonboneraⅠ,Ⅱ ( 4 or 10 Area Boss )
06:14】 06 Giga-bit ( 5 Area Boss ) and Tera-bit ( 11 Area Boss )
06:38】 07 JoJo-ZezeⅠ,Ⅱ ( 6 or 12 Area Boss )
07:09】 08 Lonely peace ( End Message )
07:19】 09 Game Over
07:24】 10 Sunset ( Name Entry )
08:16】 11 S.E.( Sound Effects )COLLECTION

" ASO ( Armored Scrum Object ) " is an arcade game developed by SNK in 1985.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. Translate from Estonian
    Translated from Estonian by BingWrong translation?

Could not translate Tweet

DCv38-IXUAIQ-Jc.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: KOF XIVのスクリーンショットを紹介!#KOF14 #KOFXIVpic.twitter.com/k3ieRnxJBh

Translate from Japanese

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: here the screenshot of KOF XIV! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

DCznK4MUwAAsyKl.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. キミヒロのPVは東京オフィスのエントランスでも毎日流れてますよ٩(๑•ㅂ•)۶ #キミヒロ #SNK #entagirl https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/ pic.twitter.com/ryZTTklVdZ

Translate from Japanese

Kimihiro PV flowing every day at the entrance of the Tokyo Office. ٩ (a • ㅂ •) ۶ #キミヒロ #SNK https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/ #ttps://t.co/tlPEA5bkQf

DCvLCaoUMAA58Kc.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

本日限定! 【女性格闘家クエスト回数増加】 本日はイベントクエスト「女性格闘家」が回数+1! グルメを大量入手できるチャンスです!お忘れなく! #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/jATVcF8gq5

Translate from Japanese

Today only! Female martial artist quest number growth today is the number of +1 quests women fighters! You can get large gourmet the opportunity! Don't miss! #KOF98UMOL

DCvusNWUwAAO2Mv.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Today only! Female martial artist quest number growth today is the number of +1 quests women fighters! You can get large gourmet the opportunity! Don't miss! #KOF98UMOL

Anthony...

Yeahhh ... mesa wanta "large gourmet the opportunity" said Jar Jar Binks ....

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 【草薙防衛戦】開催中! 入手できるのはコイン、ダイヤ、ウィップ破片になります。(入手時表示されるのは京破片ですが、入手後ウィップ破片が増えます) …図らずもウィップ破片大放出施策になりました。せっかくなのでご活用ください! #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/cAeYz1eCHK

Translate from Japanese

Kusanagi defense season being held! You can get coins, diamonds and debris whipped. (You can get when you see Kyoto is a fragment, after you obtain more whipped debris). Unexpectedly whipped debris large emission measures. Take advantage of so much trouble! #KOF98UMOL

DCwQOB7V0AAenu3.jpg

Anthony...

Hey guys,

1. 実質ウィップ防衛戦となったのでキャラもウィップに変えてほしいとの要望もいただきましたが、防衛戦用のウィップのチビキャラが現状ありません。 …こんな感じになってしまいますので、草薙でご容赦いただきたく。 #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/wrZejlutgj

Translate from Japanese

Whats the matter characters change to whip real whipped defense since, wonderswan whip for defense against status quo. ... Would like, Kyo Kusanagi bear with us because you want to. #KOF98UMOL

DCwYMiRUQAEtpe9.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 本日から実施中! 【エリートクエスト増加】 エリートクエストの各クエストの挑戦回数が+3! 格闘家破片入手のチャンス!ご活用ください! #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/VMQy65hAWf

Translate from Japanese

Underway from today! Elite quests growth +3's challenge of each quest Elite quests! The chances of debris getting mixed martial artist! Please use it! #KOF98UMOL

DCzwYAQVwAAtKAe.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【伝説経験値ボーナス】 「格闘家伝説」で獲得した経験値が条件を満たすとボーナスが手に入ります。 目玉は経験値1600獲得で手に入るウィップ破片3! 引き続きウィップ強化週間になっております! #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/VLiqDz31mY

[Legendary experience bonus] Experience gained in the fighting family theory meets the conditions and bonus release. Highlight whip debris 3 1600 earn experience points in hand! Continue to become whip week! #KOF98UMOL

DCzySYTV0AEh5tA.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Nice to see a non twitter link ;)

I figured you would like it. :P

That game is one of the most unique and fun games for the system. It's like Twinbee meets the salad bar. I'd like to own that one at some point.

Jokes aside. I totally agree that this game was unique. Quirky? Yes, but very entertaining. Still one of my top out of the ordinary games that always put a smile on my face.

It's like Twinbee meets the salad bar.

:lolblue: :lolblue: :rolling: :rolling: That's the funnest thing I heard all day. Good one Tanooki!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Here is a interesting YouTuber, around first 13 minutes are Neo Geo maintenance and Mr Do

Oh wow! That's John from John's Arcade Game Review & Tech. I watch his uploads all the time and I'm a subscriber to his channel.

Really amazing arcade goodies he has with some awesome Neo-Geo MVS stuff he plays as well. Glad you shared this with us enoofu. Nice to see that you like his works just as much as I do. :thumbsup:

Anthony..