IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Damn I wish I had a Super GB still, but i'm being snobby and holding out for a complete big box one I used to own with that nice little guide book, may never happen but who knows.

I got my RetroHQ bundle today -- NGPC SD kit will be loaded tonight I hope.

I have 2 SNKickass goodies coming in the mail yet -- what could they be?

• Like 1

Damn I wish I had a Super GB still, but i'm being snobby and holding out for a complete big box one I used to own with that nice little guide book, may never happen but who knows.

I got my RetroHQ bundle today -- NGPC SD kit will be loaded tonight I hope.

I have 2 SNKickass goodies coming in the mail yet -- what could they be?

Nice Tanooki. Glad that NGPC SD kit came in. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Would love to know your opinions on it.

2 more SNK goodies on the way? We know that's going to be awesome. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I'll get to it, just need to clean up the sets of files I found, remove the double and rabble, setup the directory tree as it's needed and see how it rolls.

As to the other, 1 NGPC, 1 MVS (100% kit contents, but no box/bubble bag)

Good to know Tanooki. We can't wait to see it.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member GadgetUK continuing doing what he does best. So let's see him in action playing Fast Striker for the Neo-Geo shall we? :)

From the description ,

"A quick play through and my own review and opinions on this great game from NGDEVTEAM. You can buy this on the Dreamcast too (and it's just as awesome on the Dreamcast, although I think the Dreamcast version lacks some of the level transition animations - It's a while since I played the Dreamcast version, so I could be wrong.)

Apparently this game was released on iOS at some point too."

Anthony..

• Like 1

Well make that 2 MVS games in the mail. ;) Something popped up on ebay a few hours ago and I got a discount on it with an offer. Check another off my not on the 161in1 list. :D

Well done Tanooki. The more the merrier to add to your MVS fortress you have! :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

This morning, Glynn R. is back with us. Were all in for a treat to see what he got to add in his already impressive Neo-Geo collection. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Arguably one of the best Neo Geo games in existence. Holy grail? Maybe, maybe not. But certainly one of their very best."

Anthony...

Couldn't that be said for all 3 of the racing games more or less? They're all quite short. I'm glad I have them on that 161in1 cart, but if I had to buy one I'd grab Neo Drift Out as it seems to handle the best overall in control and just the given package.

I've tinkered a little with the NGPC SD Kit last night, so far I'm positive on it. The only failure I found was a glitch with a public domain multicart that when you pick a game it tries to boot...THEN TURNED OFF THE NGPC! Ghost kill! I tried a Sonic prototype and Rockman, they worked just fine, as well as two homebrew from that multi-cart as stand alones that worked fine as well.

It does share one thing in common with it's big brother the NeoSD -- Slow download from micro-SD to cartridge storage, but also like NeoSD once it is on there it fires up fast. It seems it pays more to just copy over what you care to use the most. I haven't checked, but it would be interesting if you could load from the SD card itself for lesser used games.

• Like 1

Understood enoofu.

Did it had certain features in the game that wasn't to your liking?

Anthony..

Metal Slug Defense on PC, felt kinda cheap on how it plays as some levels are way too easy while others even have subways cars attacking you at the start with no way to stop them realistically as they are designed quarter popper levels

Couldn't that be said for all 3 of the racing games more or less? They're all quite short. I'm glad I have them on that 161in1 cart, but if I had to buy one I'd grab Neo Drift Out as it seems to handle the best overall in control and just the given package.

I've tinkered a little with the NGPC SD Kit last night, so far I'm positive on it. The only failure I found was a glitch with a public domain multicart that when you pick a game it tries to boot...THEN TURNED OFF THE NGPC! Ghost kill! I tried a Sonic prototype and Rockman, they worked just fine, as well as two homebrew from that multi-cart as stand alones that worked fine as well.

It does share one thing in common with it's big brother the NeoSD -- Slow download from micro-SD to cartridge storage, but also like NeoSD once it is on there it fires up fast. It seems it pays more to just copy over what you care to use the most. I haven't checked, but it would be interesting if you could load from the SD card itself for lesser used games.

Neo Drift Out I heard is pretty sic

Well I was looking at a longplay of Overtop for the Neo Geo. The game costs so much for the AES but to complete the game it only takes 8 minutes. It has to be one of the shortest games on the Neo Geo.

I still say Neo Drift Out is the best racer out for the Neo-Geo Evan. Always love that game and spent hours playing that gem of a title. :)

Anthony..

Metal Slug Defense on PC, felt kinda cheap on how it plays as some levels are way too easy while others even have subways cars attacking you at the start with no way to stop them realistically as they are designed quarter popper levels

Neo Drift Out I heard is pretty sic

I agree, the challenging aspect wasn't there compared to others and its a game to past the time. My favorites are still on the Neo-Geo. Although, I do like Metal Slug 6 on the Atomiswave and would recommend you playing that one.

You're right about Neo Drift out enoofu. You would like that racer for sure. Its my favorite out of the racing genre on the Neo-Geo. :)

Anthony..

The problem with Neo Drift Out? Licensed cars, so don't think HAMSTER will pay up for that right on the Switch, etc unfortunately so Over Top is as good as it will ever get outside of using a stolen ROM or buying an original board. A very rare statement for the Neo Geo format.

• Like 1

The problem with Neo Drift Out? Licensed cars, so don't think HAMSTER will pay up for that right on the Switch, etc unfortunately so Over Top is as good as it will ever get outside of using a stolen ROM or buying an original board. A very rare statement for the Neo Geo format.

Speaking of licenced cars, Neo Drifted Out was the game that got me interested on the Toyota Celica. It almost came to the point that I was going to buy that particular generation model in the game and turn into a street racer. But I went to college instead and couldn't afford to spent all my time and money on just a car for racing.

Anthony..