IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Isn't their ways to fix 161-1 somewhat as i seen a few videos of re soldering better electronics into the pcb

Yes it can fix just the audio problems. But there are more problematic issues I wasn't aware of. NeoSD has a nice FAQ on their page and one of the questions they'd get from people was why they should pay them over $400 when you could get the 161in1 (or the smaller ones.)

You can fix the audio with some soldering to stop the audio out of control volume and degradation or static, but you can not repair the following.

Beta games that don't work right, a couple games that are outright broken (unplayable or resets on you), missing audio (usually PCM music/fx), and some games have corrupted graphics on specific stuff (like Kyoshiro in SS1.) Difficulty on most games set to 7 or 8/8 being very hard, and you really can't fix it because bad programming causes the game to wipe out your MVS save data for dipswitches on everything(legit carts included.)

The damning one is a hardware issue -- no logic level buffering, 3.3volt logic levels got straight to the neo geo chipset which is horrendously rotten because that voltage pulse goes straight to the board itself and can jack it up. Standard use has the buffering to keep the boards and the cartridges safe from voltage issues. Banana cart in theory could burn out your system! Also some of them are made with fatter boards which can space your pins out making normal games not keep tight to function right or at all. System with it in there also a drop of over (100mV compared to 4.95v on normal.) And finally they found out making those carts they've been jacking NVPROM chips from legit game carts, no quality test on that so they could be fine, could be damaged (probaby why some multis work worse than others.)

I have a problem with that.

Loved that art when the guy shared it the other day on the neo geo forum. Shades of Mai with that Nakoruru. Kinda nice, but glad they kept her more a pure spirit of sorts.

I really need to fire up Shock Troopers and Top Hunter this weekend.

Yeah, it was really amazing stuff that was shared for sure Tanooki. Love the artwork.

By any chance, are you going to purchase the Neo-Geo books from BitMap on Monday?

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with Karanba72 with another great soundtrack Let's listen to Fire Suplex (3 Count Bout) shall we? :)

00:01】 01 FIRE SUPLEX ( TITLE )
01:35】 02 COME ON, YOU BASTARD ! ( FORCED START )
01:43】 03 YOU ARE GOOD CHOICE ( SELECT GAME )
03:31】 04 BURNING MUSCLE MACHO MAN ( STAGE 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 )
05:17】 05 FREE FALL OF DARKNESS ( STAGE 2 )
07:01】 06 FIGHTHING SPIRIT MOUNTAIN GUY ( STAGE 4 )
09:27】 07 DIRTY MEXICAN WALL ( STAGE 6 )
11:17】 08 BLAZING SUPER MEGATON KICK ( STAGE 8 )
13:25】 09 TERRIBLE MASTER BARNES ( LAST STAGE )

15:01】 10 ADMISSION THEME OF THE GANDHARA
15:40】 11 ADMISSION THEME OF LEO BRADLEY
16:36】 12 ADMISSION THEME OF THE RED DRAGON
17:12】 13 ADMISSION THEME OF GOCHACK BIGBOMB
17:55】 14 ADMISSION THEME OF TERRY ROGERS
18:29】 15 ADMISSION THEME OF BLUES HABLAM
19:23】 16 ADMISSION THEME OF ROY WILSON
20:03】 17 ADMISSION THEME OF BIG BOMBERDER
20:37】 18 ADMISSION THEME OF BLUBBER MAN
21:25】 19 ADMISSION THEME OF MASTER BARNES

22:12】 20 DAAAH ! ( WIN )
22:41】 21 SHIT ! ( LOST )
23:16】 22 OOOAAARRRG ! ( HERE COMES A NEW PLAYER )
23:21】 23 THE END OF MATCH ( GAME OVER )
23:26】 24 MY DEAR WRESTLING ( ENDING )

25:08】 25 VOICE COLLECTION Ⅰ ( ANNOUNCEMENT )
26:57】 26 VOICE COLLECTION Ⅱ ( REFEREE / EACH CHARACTER )
28:21】 27 S.E. COLLECTION

SNK was released as an Arcade Game ( MVS, Multi Video System ) in March 25, 1993.
In addition, NEO GEO version was released in April 23, 1993.
NEO GEO CD version was released in April 21, 1995.

This game is a Professional Wrestling Game.
In this game, it was important to hit a button repeatedly, so the difficulty level of the game has changed greatly depending on whether or not a sequential device is attached.
It is also the third bullet of NEO GEO 100 mega shock series ( 100 mega bit = Approximately 12 megabytes ) .

Anthony..

Yeah, it was really amazing stuff that was shared for sure Tanooki. Love the artwork.

By any chance, are you going to purchase the Neo-Geo books from BitMap on Monday?

Anthony..

Nope. Isn't basically what's there just a compilation of given information and images already found spread around online anyway for a fairly high premium price? Not saying I'd never own one, but it would probably be a used book pick up for like 1/2 the price. I never grab coffee table stuff like that as I have to be somewhat choosy how I spend what I have.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

お覇王翔吼拳203c.png Σ>≫⊂(・∀・⊂) 朝からクラフィにユリちゃん出現で超よゆうっちd('∀'*)2728.png#クラフィ #KOF98pic.twitter.com/9nHf62z12h

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

And haoh-sho Koh Ken ‼️ Σ >≫⊂(-∀,⊂) in the morning Lily's appearance in the CRAF. ultra Yu was POO d ('∀'*) #クラフィ #KOF98

DDmXCSFUwAArOLX.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】 本日からSRヒーロー「サイバーフォックス」(CV:内田真礼)獲得キャンペーンを実施!キャンペーンはプレイヤーランクが10から開放されます。「サイバーフォックス」の能力は第1章の敵「クロボール」や、マルチクエストに登場する「タコスミス」などに効果的です! #キミヒロpic.twitter.com/RfiV8OC5g5

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

[Announcement] SR hero "cyberfox" (VOICED by: REI Uchida true) campaign carried out today! Campaign will be open 10-ranked player. "Cyberfox" capability is effective multicast and enemies Chapter 1 'crobar' appeared 'Taco Smith"! #キミヒロ

DDin9DBVYAAzadA.jpg

Anthony...