IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hey Paul,

Tube TV units for classic gaming usually. For modern units like PS4 and Xbox one, its HDTV,

Personally, I would recommend a CRT unit for your Neo-Geo. You be happy to be doing so since the Neo-Geo was originally meant for it bro. I tried the HDTV route for it, but it wasn't to my liking. :)

Hope this helps Paul. :)

Anthony...

Ah I had a feeling you was going to be a tube purest! I know what you mean though, those pixels are going to look best via tube I just wish I had the space for a tube tv.

Maybe once my son gets a bit older I can go that route but for now I think I am going to pick up one of those scan line generators in the new year.

• Like 1

Ah I had a feeling you was going to be a tube purest! I know what you mean though, those pixels are going to look best via tube I just wish I had the space for a tube tv.

Maybe once my son gets a bit older I can go that route but for now I think I am going to pick up one of those scan line generators in the new year.

The issue is that a lot of Neo geo games graphics are designed with scanlines especially the later ones, though there is some devices that add scanlines to modern tv's.

I'm the opposite. If I had the know how and the supplies I'd pop that heavy aging pita out of my cabinet and put a square LCD in there. Just not sure about parts, any required potential rewiring, and then the issue of mounting it as well is over my skill set. Whenever mine fails I'll have to pay someone I think to get it done.

The issue is that a lot of Neo geo games graphics are designed with scanlines especially the later ones, though there is some devices that add scanlines to modern tv's.

I am looking at the OSSC at the moment, it sure does make the picture look a lot more smooth

I'm the opposite. If I had the know how and the supplies I'd pop that heavy aging pita out of my cabinet and put a square LCD in there. Just not sure about parts, any required potential rewiring, and then the issue of mounting it as well is over my skill set. Whenever mine fails I'll have to pay someone I think to get it done.

I have seen a few of the "RPi" arcade cabs using LED/LCD they look good but the picture will look better automatically for them as they are using emulation.

I would be the same as you, would need to get my wallet out :)

I've learned from using emulators since they popped up in the back half of the 90s I prefer a crisp image over a fuzzy one the vaselined over CRT does. Being more into handheld (Gameboy etc) devices too help as they've all have pretty sharp to very sharp screens going as far back really as the GB Pocket. Old GB was a little fuzzy and blurred due to the poor refresh of the screen, but even that when static was pretty tight too. I'm not against a sharp CRT but they're super heavy and just dont' cut it much anymore nor do I have the room, the high end WEGA/Trinitron or better stuff (480i/p and up.) I was looking at freebies on craigslist today, saw a couple free trinitrons in the 35-37" range and they were 200lbs + which is murder trying to lift.

Hey guys, anyone happen to know the answer to this? My copy of Gunlord from NG:DEV has an individually numbered sticker on the back, I assume it means it's number 42 of 44, but it says 4244 on it. I highly doubt they produced 4,244 English copies of Gunlord on their second print, lol.. So am I correct to assume it's 42 of 44?

Not sure! Mine is 4540

You guys got me beat. Mine says 4567 on the 2nd reprint version. :)

I justed ask NGDT regarding that question Chaos and Darrin. I'll post it here on what they have to say.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hahaha. You know me too well Paul. :-D

But to be precise, I use a 24 inch Sylvania television that I purchased 10 years ago in a local Kmart store when it was on sale. It's still frequently use for all my other classic consoles like my NES, SNES and Colecovision units for example as well. I also have a Samsung 27 inch unit f too. But that one is for an emergency if the Sylvania ever has to be repaired.

Anthony..

Thank you Atariage member 16Bites (Paul).

I need any and or all of my followers to check out @Fdurso224Durso and he’s #NEOGEO thread at AtariAge. A really friendly group of collectors with some top tips and helpful insights into the world of #SNK and #NEOGEO 1f44c-1f3fc.png1f44d-1f3fc.pnghttp://atariage.com/forums/topic/223548-the-official-neo-geo-thread/#

Anthony...

Anyone else had issues with their Pad A Buttons on their Neo Geo Arcade Sticks? A bit worried it might be the controller ports on my AES ,but both sticks I have are giving issues responding with the Pad A button.

Hey Chaos,

From what it sounds even with both sticks its the controller ports. Those are easy to replace though. But before opening up the unit to get to it, when was the last time they were cleaned?

Anthony..

Hi guys,

サイドイベントの情報を公開しました。EVO Japan 2018では、2日間を合わせて全24タイトルのサイドトーナメントが開催されます。詳細は公式サイトをご確認ください。https://evo-japan.net/2018/12/1791 #evojapan2018pic.twitter.com/BFpBa7gs5h

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by Bing

Side event at the information made public. Fit the two days at EVO Japan 2018, all 24 titles in side tournaments will be held. For more information, please check the official website. https://evo-japan.net/2018/12/1791 #evojapan2018

DRFjOGPUMAEQlZn.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

"Art of Fighting The Definitive Sound Track"を聞いてるナウ!!1f3a7.png 曲名は日本語に打ち直しています。 テンションの上がる曲ばかりウェ-イ1f918.png(・∀・) 1f918.png#Bravewavepic.twitter.com/BGUGy7vohj

Translate from Japanese

Now I'm listening to Art of Fighting The Definitive Sound Track! Is the name of the song is beat in Japan. Just tune up the tension Web - Lee (-∀-) #Bravewave

DRPoViVVQAErXU1.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

2017年も残すところ半月近くになりました( ノω° )! 4月からTwitterを初めて元々膨大な数を持っていたSNK関連の画像がますます増えて行く中、私が今年最も元気をもらったお気に入りの画像を載せておきます( ˘ω˘)pic.twitter.com/nQEBMPv2Va

Translate from Japanese

Now close to half left in 2017 (ishinomori ω °)! Put a favorite picture in going more and more images of SNK related April Twitter for the first time was originally a huge number had me this year most energy had (̆ω ˘)

DRQIcy5VQAAXbnZ.jpg

Anthony...

Hey Chaos,

From what it sounds even with both sticks its the controller ports. Those are easy to replace though. But before opening up the unit to get to it, when was the last time they were cleaned?

Anthony..

I've never opened up the hardware for my AES or controllers, a bit nervous to do so since I've never done it before.

• Like 1

I've never opened up the hardware for my AES or controllers, a bit nervous to do so since I've never done it before.

I can understand what you mean since I try to avoid opening up mine as well. Maybe have you tried to clean the port slot with a Q-Tip to remove some dust that's in it?

Anthony..

Well, after cleaning the port, things seem to be working fine, I could've sworn I cleaned the port out not too long ago.. could dust bunnies really cause button quirks? I assumed my controllers pads were wearing out or the port was going bad.

EDIT: By the way, I just noticed my Dog Tag copy of Fatal Fury 2 has a Game Dude sticker on the side, haven't busted this one out to play since I'd picked it up.

Edited by Stage_1_Boss
  • Like 1

Well, after cleaning the port, things seem to be working fine, I could've sworn I cleaned the port out not too long ago.. could dust bunnies really cause button quirks? I assumed my controllers pads were wearing out or the port was going bad.

EDIT: By the way, I just noticed my Dog Tag copy of Fatal Fury 2 has a Game Dude sticker on the side, haven't busted this one out to play since I'd picked it up.

Ah, glad to know it was just a ready cleaning that was all just needed Chaos. Now back into the action. :thumbsup: :)

Oh man, I got a Game Dude sticker on my 3 Count Bout title as well Chaos. Aaaah, the memories of reading into the GamePro magazines as a boy looking at what the Buy/Sell rate were on video games from that store. Glad that they're still around. :)

Anthony..

Ah, glad to know it was just a ready cleaning that was all just needed Chaos. Now back into the action. :thumbsup: :)

Oh man, I got a Game Dude sticker on my 3 Count Bout title as well Chaos. Aaaah, the memories of reading into the GamePro magazines as a boy looking at what the Buy/Sell rate were on video games from that store. Glad that they're still around. :)

Anthony..

Interestingly enough I just had another issue, put my King of the Monsters 2 cart in and it had no sound at first.. took it back out, cleared the contacts a bit and it was fine. Maybe this AES is in need of a tougher cleaning lol

• Like 1

Interestingly enough I just had another issue, put my King of the Monsters 2 cart in and it had no sound at first.. took it back out, cleared the contacts a bit and it was fine. Maybe this AES is in need of a tougher cleaning lol

It could be that the dust bunnies love the Neo-Geo Chaos. :) But can we blame them for liking such a great unit? :-D

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hey folks, newest NEO GEO review:

BATTLE FLIP SHOT (1998, Visco Games)

Interesting little variation of Pong, in which you don't merely try to get the ball past your opponent but take out the 6 targets they're trying to protect. Each character (of 5) has a unique special attack to fire the ball back faster. The speed can get understandably crazy as the arena isn't particularly big (fixed screen). You can also slide to deflect a ball that might get by you. You also have a worthless taunt. I wasn't a huge fan of this one, but it's an effective time-waster at least. Sequel: BANG BEAD (!).

• Like 1