IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Heya guys, just a random update, these are the latest additions to my collection. Just two Dog Tags away from a set! All of these are complete but the trays for Soccer Brawl and Football Frenzy are falling apart, as well as one of the flaps on Football Frenzy. Either way, happy to add them, especially King of the Monsters, that's one I remember playing on the red cab. back in 90's arcade times.

gallery_14503_1835_411313.jpg

• Like 3

Heya guys, just a random update, these are the latest additions to my collection. Just two Dog Tags away from a set! All of these are complete but the trays for Soccer Brawl and Football Frenzy are falling apart, as well as one of the flaps on Football Frenzy. Either way, happy to add them, especially King of the Monsters, that's one I remember playing on the red cab. back in 90's arcade times.

Looking good Chaos. :thumbsup:

Glad you have them in your collection. The inserts and the boxes are in nice shape. Regardless of the trays, you did great for yourself with these games. I love the King of the Monsters insert for the American release I wonder who was the name of the signature that was printed on it?

Thank you for sharing this with us my man. Now to get Kraut Buster to start 2018 in the right direction. :)

Anthony..

Hey people.

I recently purchased ACA Neo-Geo The King Of Fighters '96 for PS4.

Sadly, I still have no means of properly recording gameplay footage from my actual Neo-Geo AES at the quality that I want.

Anyway, I have started a new playlist about KOF '96 on my YouTube channel.

I hope you people enjoy, and more videos are on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYQey01EGhaDX9iUpc8SakuW7pE5nPizt

Stay cool,

Neo Gunloc.

• Like 2

I was hoping to find that Gunlord is available on the NGCD, but unfortunately no. It's disappointing, if they can press Dreamcast discs, why not NGCD?

Hey Zeta,

Good question, I always wanted to know why NGDT only did one release on the NGCD and called it quits with it. I'll have to ask them that question regarding what you mention to get a straight answer. But would've been cool if Gunlord was on that unit. :)

Anthony..

Hey people.

I recently purchased ACA Neo-Geo The King Of Fighters '96 for PS4.

Sadly, I still have no means of properly recording gameplay footage from my actual Neo-Geo AES at the quality that I want.

Anyway, I have started a new playlist about KOF '96 on my YouTube channel.

I hope you people enjoy, and more videos are on the way.

Stay cool,

Neo Gunloc.

Hey Gunloc,

Glad to see you back with us on the Neo-eo thread. :thumbsup:

Thank you the link to see your videos and your great pro gaming skills in action my good man. Glad that you have purchase some ACA Neo-Geo titles. Maybe in future videos we can hear about your Neo-Geo memories and how you got yourself into Neo-Geo. That would be cool to listen to. :)

Thank you as always Gunloc. See you again soon. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

It's Christmas and Birthday for some! Real Bout Special and the Last Blade. How did everyone treat themselves today? Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play them! Best wishes to all xx

DR5QXqvX0AAdL1q.jpg
DR5QXqqWAAAkZv6.jpg
DR5QXqxWAAAma7I.jpg
DR5QXqtXkAEY5iZ.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

If you have never held a neo geo cart before, just pick up your wii to get the same effect!pic.twitter.com/VaxRggUbu4

Cl4gEIdXEAEqtJt.jpg
  1. Neo Geo cart vs game boy micro. Is one massive or the other super small?pic.twitter.com/tUefwiAYkY

Cl4fhmuWMAEdsP-.jpg
  2. Neo geo vs pc engine. Is this the biggest size difference of retro cartridges?pic.twitter.com/o72XT32Ddk

Cl4fFnBXIAALp59.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

There are very difficult platform games, like Ghouls 'n Ghosts, and there is @SNKPofficial Neo Geo AES Magician Lord! It must be the most difficult platform game? I'm determined to get further with both today!pic.twitter.com/QW2uOXZrNo

DQIWXBOXUAIG4yF.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

I was messing around with the Neo today and decided to capture a bit of Magical Drop III

Also, in today's mail, I received the last piece I need to record footage from jamma boards, so I'm pretty pleased about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luBI_TvXD8I

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Hey Gunloc,

Glad to see you back with us on the Neo-eo thread. :thumbsup:

Thank you the link to see your videos and your great pro gaming skills in action my good man. Glad that you have purchase some ACA Neo-Geo titles. Maybe in future videos we can hear about your Neo-Geo memories and how you got yourself into Neo-Geo. That would be cool to listen to. :)

Thank you as always Gunloc. See you again soon. :)

Anthony...

Yo Anthony.

Thanks man, I'm currently busy with recording as much gameplay of both KOF '96 as well as other titles. I still have Geese playthrough of Real Bout 2 in my archives.

I'm definetly planning on adding more volcals to my videos as soon as I've got the right equipment. (My good buddy is helping me with that.)

Other than that, there are also a lot of other events and hobbies that are keeping me busy. (Learning how to play guitar, figuring out if I will pick up tarot cards again or not etc.)

But as wel all know, Rome wasn't build in one day ;)

Anyway, I'll be seeing you guys around.

Cheers Anthony.

Neo Gunloc.

• Like 2

I was messing around with the Neo today and decided to capture a bit of Magical Drop III

Also, in today's mail, I received the last piece I need to record footage from jamma boards, so I'm pretty pleased about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luBI_TvXD8I

Hey Reaperman.

Looks awesome, I've just subbed to your channel.

Greetzz.. Neo Gunloc

A Neo-Geo collector from The Netherlands, Europe.

• Like 2

Yo Anthony.

Thanks man, I'm currently busy with recording as much gameplay of both KOF '96 as well as other titles. I still have Geese playthrough of Real Bout 2 in my archives.

I'm definetly planning on adding more volcals to my videos as soon as I've got the right equipment. (My good buddy is helping me with that.)

Other than that, there are also a lot of other events and hobbies that are keeping me busy. (Learning how to play guitar, figuring out if I will pick up tarot cards again or not etc.)

But as wel all know, Rome wasn't build in one day ;)

Anyway, I'll be seeing you guys around.

Cheers Anthony.

Neo Gunloc.

Hey Gunloc,

That's great to know. Were happy to see your works on KOF '96 and anything with Geese Howard. Glad that you'll be keeping yourself busy and we look forward to all of your future works Gunloc. Guitar playing? Sounds good to me. :)

Thank you as always for stopping by. Keep it up as always kind sir. :)

Anthony..

Hey Gunloc,

That's great to know. Were happy to see your works on KOF '96 and anything with Geese Howard. Glad that you'll be keeping yourself busy and we look forward to all of your future works Gunloc. Guitar playing? Sounds good to me. :)

Thank you as always for stopping by. Keep it up as always kind sir. :)

Anthony..

Thanks Anthony.

And you're doing a good job of keeping this topic alive as well, keep it up buddy.

Also, If you're interested, I've posted pics of my Neo-Geo AES collection in the "Show us your collection" forum.

I still need to make pics of my other consoles and games, but we'll save that for later ;)

Greetzz..

Neo Gunloc.

• Like 1

Thanks Anthony.

And you're doing a good job of keeping this topic alive as well, keep it up buddy.

Also, If you're interested, I've posted pics of my Neo-Geo AES collection in the "Show us your collection" forum.

I still need to make pics of my other consoles and games, but we'll save that for later ;)

Greetzz..

Neo Gunloc.

You're welcome Gunloc. Thank you as always. I'm going to have a look at your collection right now. Looking forward on seeing it. :)

Anthony...

Hey Reaper,

Nice work playing Magical Drop III. I really wish I can get this game on the AES someday. Its my favorite in the series. I guess in the meanwhile, I'll enjoy the Playstation and Sega Saturn versions until then. :)

Thank you for sharing this with us. Keep it up bro. :thumbsup:

Anthony..

• Like 1

I really wish I can get this game on the AES someday. Its my favorite in the series. I guess in the meanwhile, I'll enjoy the Playstation and Sega Saturn versions until then. :)

More power to ya, but holy cow is that an expensive game on AES. You mentioned it way back on page 1, and it surprised me then too.

I checked ebay, and there's only one right now, which of course is priced above the entire MVS library combined. Jeez.

Today I noticed Magical Drop V was on steam and had somehow evaded my shopping cart until now. I was all set to buy it, with it's crazy 4-player widescreen battles, and other neat looking modes. There's even an updated version of ghostlop in it. But then I noticed that reviews weren't stellar, and several of the top reviews were flat out telling me to play magical drop III instead--so that's exactly what I did today.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】 特定時間にクエストマップに襲撃ボスが出現します。 本日と明日の襲撃クエスト出現時間は、 12/30:4時、9時、15時、19時、22時、 12/31:0時、6時、11時、15時、21時です。 詳しくはアプリ内のお知らせをご確認ください。 #キミヒロ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/1119 pic.twitter.com/NPwMCLPgKQ

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by Bing

Notice: specific time on map quest to raid boss will emerge. Raiding quest appearance times for today and tomorrow, 12 / 30: 4, 9:00 15:00 19:00 22, 12 / 31: midnight, 6 am and at 11:00 15:00 21:00 is. For more information, please check the announcements in your app. https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/1119 #ttps://t.co/gccr8vWKdk

DSOPUcJUQAAmk_-.png

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】 特定の時間にマルチに降臨ボスが出現します。 本日と明日の降臨マルチクエスト出現時間は、 12/30:1時、7時、12時、17時、 12/31:8時、13時、18時です。 詳しくはアプリ内のお知らせをご確認ください。 #キミヒロ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/1068 pic.twitter.com/0CXMNGB8eq

Translate from Japanese

Notice: at certain times multimedia appeared on the advent boss. Advent multicast appearance times for today and tomorrow, 12 / 30: 1 at 7:00 12:00 17:00 12/31: at 8:00 13:00 18 am. For more information, please check the announcements in your app. https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/1068 #ttps://t.co/r5ZAVgy2QN

DSOPI5aUEAELqXB.png

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【予告】【イベントクエスト「猿クエスト」開放!】 イベントクエスト「猿クエスト」が明日31日AM5時より開放! クリアすると格闘家破片、コインなどのボーナスを獲得できる!お楽しみに!! 開放期間: 2017年12月31日5時~2018年1月3日5時 #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/XhEQOdhCNk

Translate from Japanese

[Notice] [Monkey quest quests open! : Monkey quest quests tomorrow free from AM5: 31! Clearing gain martial shards, coins and bonuses! Please look forward to!! Opening period: 12/31/2017 five-1/3/2018 5:00 #KOF98UMOL

DSRPbTiVoAA5a0O.jpg

Anthony..

Hey guys,

Back with Project COE (Jarrod) with another great video for us to enjoy. Let's see what he has to say about Top Hunter. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Today's Neo Geo game is Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy, which is an incredibly fun and original action platformer. This is one well worth the low asking price."

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Back with Project COE (Jarrod) with another great video for us to enjoy. Let's see what he has to say about Top Hunter. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Today's Neo Geo game is Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy, which is an incredibly fun and original action platformer. This is one well worth the low asking price."

Anthony..

Yeah I love this guy's channel.

His videos convinced me of looking into the ACA Archives series.

His channel is highly recommended to all sorts of gamers.

• Like 1

Yeah I love this guy's channel.

His videos convinced me of looking into the ACA Archives series.

His channel is highly recommended to all sorts of gamers.

Hey Gunloc,

I 2nd that bro. Project COE (Jarrod) does excellent work. Always in the mood to see his latest works and notably his Neo-Geo content. He's also a member on Atariage as well. :)

Anthony.

I was hoping to find that Gunlord is available on the NGCD, but unfortunately no. It's disappointing, if they can press Dreamcast discs, why not NGCD?

Hey zeta,

Okay bro. NGDEVTEAM answer the question for us. Here's what they had to say off Facebook.

Gentlemen. Sorry to trouble you with questions since you all have busy schedules, but will your line up of titles that are current and future projects be available in the future for the Neo-Geo CD? If not, is there a reason for the discontinuation on producing games on the unit?

1170822_570007833055495_1120686779_n.png
NG Dev Team There are many reasons. Sales were super slow and low quantity. Then someone used the NGCD version to create AES bootlegs and last but not least all our games after LH use MCU/FPGA based special protection hardware.
Manage
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 9h

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1