IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

1. En Japón, existe la costumbre de enviar cartas de "Nengajo ("Tarjetas de Año Nuevo") como saludo de Año Nuevo a los amigos cercanos. Las personas que no tienen muchas oportunidades de conocer a veces se ponen en contacto con "Nengajo". Es un hábito muy tradicional y encantador.1f917.pngpic.twitter.com/2lU5caL3fj

Translate from Spanish
    Translated from Spanish by Bing

In Japan, it is customary to send letters of "Nengajo (new year" cards") as a greeting of the new year. to close friends People who do not have many opportunities to know sometimes come in contact with "Nengajo". It is a very traditional and charming habit.

DSrwIkeVQAANd5Z.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. Preview the First Chapter of the KOF XIV manga, The King of Fighters: A New Beginning: (http://bit.ly/2CDSIgH ) 2b05.png According to SNK, this is the first of "many" new announcements coming in 2018! 1f48c.png#SNK #NeoGeo #KOF14 #KOFXIV #KingofFighters #Manga #NewManga #FGCpic.twitter.com/7zrtPCp6Ky

DSviKKqUQAAxRr-.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. NAM-1975 is one of the best "cheap" #NeoGeo AES games and is a must have Cabal type shooter. Note how the cover artwork is censored with black ink back in 1990, and how tame the image really was! Different times...pic.twitter.com/pQgUdoTa40

DStD7cTXUAIOEIk.jpg
    DStD7cVWsAATlTY.jpg
    DStD7cgXUAEWRYD.jpg
    DStD7cRXcAE5IvU.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Scarlet Sprites with another video for us to enjoy. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Breaking all the rules today by inserting the Neo Geo's Prehistoric Isle 2 into the Alpha to Zed lineup. This one was too much fun to pass on as we head down the final stretch of games in the series."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Anthony...

Ant I really love these little 'squat' character pictures, are they official art work and how did you come across them?

MJ

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. King of Fighters 98 SNK Supporters Club digital watch. Offered in SSC and #NeoGeo Freak magazines. #KOFXIV #SNKpic.twitter.com/W8pGm011Wi

DSpP-J1V4AAYAwG.jpg
    DSpP_n_VAAAuLK1.jpg
    DSpQAwAVQAEpjs6.jpg
    DSpQB5CVoAAnU4F.jpg

Anthony..

WOW, just wow! This is unbearably cool! Was this a Japan only thing and dose anyone on here actually own one?

MJ

• Like 2

Ant I really love these little 'squat' character pictures, are they official art work and how did you come across them?

MJ

Glad to see you back Matty. :)

Yes. its official collaboration artwork from the Brave Frontier series with SNK.

Here's a link to see them.

https://twitter.com/bravefrontiergl

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

More from Atariage member 16Bites (Paul)

1. My second #NEOGEO delivery was from @turfmasta who @mattyjjenkins put me on to with this amazingly cool and good looking memory card for my #AES #RetroGamingpic.twitter.com/FYh43kBzdC

DS3KER-X0AAra-_.jpg
    DS3KESJX4AM4_jC.jpg
    DS3KER7WsAEopKm.jpg
    DS3KER9W0AEq-8n.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

More from Atariage member 16Bites (Paul)

1. My second #NEOGEO delivery was from @turfmasta who @mattyjjenkins put me on to with this amazingly cool and good looking memory card for my #AES #RetroGamingpic.twitter.com/FYh43kBzdC

DS3KER-X0AAra-_.jpg
    DS3KESJX4AM4_jC.jpg
    DS3KER7WsAEopKm.jpg
    DS3KER9W0AEq-8n.jpg

Anthony..

Thanks for sharing this Ant.

I haven't purchased an Official AES Memory Card before so I have not been able to enjoy modern gaming (saving) on my Neo Geo up until today. I have to say I am very very impressed!

The build quality is pretty amazing considering they (as far as I am aware) are hand built and thats without mentioning the packaging - It has a real "Official" feel to it with the branding and art work.

The card does not contain a battery so you do not have to worry about loosing your saves and from what I have been told there is enough space to hold a save game or high score for every AES game available.

After using the card for a couple of games today I have got to rate this product a full 10/10 - Victoly!!

Edited by 16Bites
  • Like 2

Got my 1-161 Multicart the other day, apparently most of the games work except for Viewpoint, Samuari Shodown III-V, Chaos, and Zed, Drift, and Aerofighter III have serious graphical issues on My Japanese Bios MVS-C

Hey enoofu.

Say about the games that isn't functioning correctly. However, I found this from Atariage member GagetUK on the neo-geo.com forums that I think would be beneficial for you. :)

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?257061-PCM-Sound-amp-Stability-Fixes-Multicarts-120-in-1-138-in-1-161-in-1-and-others

Anthony..

Thanks for sharing this Ant.

I haven't purchased an Official AES Memory Card before so I have not been able to enjoy modern gaming (saving) on my Neo Geo up until today. I have to say I am very very impressed!

The build quality is pretty amazing considering they (as far as I am aware) are hand built and thats without mentioning the packaging - It has a real "Official" feel to it with the branding and art work.

The card does not contain a battery so you do not have to worry about loosing your saves and from what I have been told there is enough space to hold a save game or high score for every AES game available.

After using the card for a couple of games today I have got to rate this product a full 10/10 - Victoly!!

You're welcome Paul. :)

Welp, judging on what you said bro, will certainly take your word for it. :-D The NeoSaveMasta is truly an incredible memory card that's worth purchasing. Brian Hargrove (NeoTurfMasta) does amazing work that really helps the community. Glad that you shared this with us to to help encourage our members and guest to acquire one for themselves.

Well done as always Paul. Keep up the great work :) :thumbsup:

Anthony...

Is the AES/MVS memory card used to save your place in games, or just for scores and initials, or saving options settings? That always struck me as a weird feature for an arcade system. Personally, I would not want to be able to save my place in an arcade game, kind of defeats the purpose of learning the game and improving your performance. I guess the memory card is a better method of score/settings saving than an internal battery inside the AES or the cartridges that would eventually need to be replaced. If you turn on an AES without a cart, will it boot to a menu for the memory card?

The omission of the card slot in the NGCD is weird, come to think of it.

• Like 1

AES/MVS does save score, though only for the last 4 games played;

Having internal batteries in Carts adds to maintenance for CoinOps operators, which would make less desirable at locations.

Also some games saved progress, since they were either very long games or very tough;

Memory Card system developed into the modern day as some modern games save all your Stats, that are saved online;

Player just uses a Card to tell the arcade who they are

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1