IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

WHOA, never knew they were going to do a Power Stone level, that would have been amazing! Such a great fighting game!

Say Field,

Want to see something really amazing?

You heard of Neo Geo Land and Neo Geo World....But ever been familiar of Neo Geo Bowl? That's right, SNK even had their on bowling alleys in Chiba and Miyagi prefectures in Japan.

DPRpD-MUIAYbv2Z.jpg
DPRpD-OVQAUmUVd.jpg
DPRpD-MVwAAI1Rk.jpg
DPRpD-PVQAA7kY4.jpg
C7f7TSoXQAA67OI.jpg
C7f7TVpWkAAYgfb.jpg
C7f7TVkWsAErdJy.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3

Hey guys. I just uploaded a short film titled "The Death Of The CRT Television - A Dreamcast Gamer Short Film" and it has one Fatal Fury 2 remix and two KOF 94 remixes in it! A very popular SNK fighter makes an appearance as well!

"It's 2018 and millions of people all around the world are throwing away their cathode ray tube television sets in favor of flat-screen TVs. Sadly, retro gamer Dallas Cox, a big fan of CRTs, is now replacing his first tube TV...with an LCD??? Is Dallas finally going with the flow and upgrading to a modern display?"

Edited by Dreamcast Gamer
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

1. Don’t think I ever posted this before but here’s my grandpa that somehow got a Fatal Fury hat and wore it for years and still does lol He has no idea what it is or anything but still always wears it.. Who knows..maybe he’s Terry Bogard irl 1f914.png#KOFXIV #KOFpic.twitter.com/jRUBmhqX1Z

DR20jvLV4AAwYAn.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

1. 実家にネオジオタオルがありました 旧社にいた頃に頂いたタオルですね〜 質が良いのでまだ使えそうです (´Д` )pic.twitter.com/iQDljfrMlo

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Bing

I got when I was in the old company had a neo geo towel to towel-good quality yet it is used (´Д` )

DSmp3YWUQAAS5Oe.jpg

Anthony...

Say Field,

Want to see something really amazing?

You heard of Neo Geo Land and Neo Geo World....But ever been familiar of Neo Geo Bowl? That's right, SNK even had their on bowling alleys in Chiba and Miyagi prefectures in Japan.

DPRpD-MUIAYbv2Z.jpg
DPRpD-OVQAUmUVd.jpg
DPRpD-MVwAAI1Rk.jpg
DPRpD-PVQAA7kY4.jpg
C7f7TSoXQAA67OI.jpg
C7f7TVpWkAAYgfb.jpg
C7f7TVkWsAErdJy.jpg

Anthony...

Thats a god find Ant, love seeing old arcades where ever they are.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 【MSA 更新情報】 ミステリークランクを更新しました!「特務ターマ」が出現しやすくなるピックアップを実施中です! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20180109_02eb5sa.html pic.twitter.com/Eum59b7TN7

Translate from Japanese

MSA update: updated the twilight crank! Are among those offering to pick up easy to appear "gunnery Tarma. http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20180109_02eb5sa.html #ttps://t.co/WzOErDkBz8

DTFODS4VwAA1abK.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 新規ユニット「特務ロベルト.」を追加しました!1月15日(月)まで先行獲得を実施中です! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20180109_03aecpb.html pic.twitter.com/5Lrl8AdzZO

Translate from Japanese

MSA update: added a new unit, "gunnery Roberto..."! 1/15 (Monday) lead acquisition carried out here! http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20180109_03aecpb.html #ttps://t.co/LxB1G7Memu

DTFONMrUMAA3wcD.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【MSA 更新情報】 新規ユニット「アンバー」を追加しました!1月15日(月)まで開放されるボックスクランクから獲得できます! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20180109_04drrbf.html pic.twitter.com/hpjmiI47Iq

Translate from Japanese

MSA update: added new unit "amber"! You can earn from box crank are freed from (Monday) 1/15! http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20180109_04drrbf.html #ttps://t.co/xV9nHqyJHL

DTFOhTOVQAAKIMu.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【SECRET REPORT#088】 新年明けましておめでとうございます!今年も「君はヒーロー」をよろしくお願いします!2018年最初を飾るのは、我らが誇るヒーロー「皆野祐樹」&ヒロイン「森沢江湖」!どうやら羽根つきは、森沢さんの方が強いようで…。#キミヒロ #キミヒロSRpic.twitter.com/pidMnfGG0S

Translate from Japanese

[#088 SECRET REPORT: happy new year and congratulations! This year your hero, thank you! 2018, adorn the first hero is our proud minano, trees & heroine "Morisawa jianghu"! Apparently Hanetsuki, Morisawa-San is so strong. #キミヒロ #キミヒロSR

DTFnVQ5VoAAMON2.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Matt from Virtua Boys playing another fun Neo-Geo title for us. Let's dive right in and see him in action playing Shock Troopers shall we? :)

From the description,

"Let's play Shock Troopers on the Nintendo Switch! We're playing Neo Geo games and this one comes HIGHLY recommended! Also available on PS4 and Xbox One (and, of course, the Neo Geo console!), Shock Troopers is a right winner. Enjoy!"

Anthony...

Hey guys. I just uploaded a short film titled "The Death Of The CRT Television - A Dreamcast Gamer Short Film" and it has one Fatal Fury 2 remix and two KOF 94 remixes in it! A very popular SNK fighter makes an appearance as well!

"It's 2018 and millions of people all around the world are throwing away their cathode ray tube television sets in favor of flat-screen TVs. Sadly, retro gamer Dallas Cox, a big fan of CRTs, is now replacing his first tube TV...with an LCD??? Is Dallas finally going with the flow and upgrading to a modern display?"

Good video. I'm glad the beginning was a misdirect. But I would disagree about people putting their CRTs on the curb during the winter. In my experience, people LOVE to put them out right before torrential rain or blizzard.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

1. "What's the worst port of Viewpoint?" Only buy the #X68000 version for the great cover art. #NEOGEOpic.twitter.com/8lluutpydg

DTHxGLLWAAAaYZj.jpg
    DTHxH2uWsAEkvJT.jpg

Anthony..

Hi Anthony,

The Megadrive port isn't much better, I think they were developed by the same people, but to be fair I would expect a helluva lot more from the X68000. From what I've seen of the FM Towns version it looks like it fits the bill for the most part.

Viewpoint is one of those games where most of the contemporary hardware that was beside the Neo Geo just couldn't really run it well. I would have loved to see a real port of it to the Saturn and Playstation. The one we got looks like trash.

• Like 1

Good video. I'm glad the beginning was a misdirect. But I would disagree about people putting their CRTs on the curb during the winter. In my experience, people LOVE to put them out right before torrential rain or blizzard.

That means they're giving them away? I thought they were just too lazy to recycle them and were hoping the garbage truck would take them away :)
  • Like 1

Hi Anthony,

The Megadrive port isn't much better, I think they were developed by the same people, but to be fair I would expect a helluva lot more from the X68000. From what I've seen of the FM Towns version it looks like it fits the bill for the most part.

Viewpoint is one of those games where most of the contemporary hardware that was beside the Neo Geo just couldn't really run it well. I would have loved to see a real port of it to the Saturn and Playstation. The one we got looks like trash.

Hey Zeta,

I agree that you can't beat the original Neo-Geo version of the game it's just perfect from the beginning to the end. I do have to admit the Playstation version looks great, but it doesn't have the feel to what the original has. I have the Genesis/Mega Drive version of Viewpoint and at the time, I thought it was fun to play, but now, just like the rest of the Neo-Geo ports they just collect dust and in the closet somewhere.

After playing on the Neo-Geo, you never want to go back to them again. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with new Atariage member Fieldplays with another entertaining video for us to enjoy. Let's see the kind sir in action with Neo Turf Masters shall we? :)

From the description,

"This week we are playing the best golf game for the Neo Geo. Neo Turf Masters is an absolute classic. One of the most sought after games for the AES, released in 1996. Thanks for watching!"

Anthony,...

That means they're giving them away? I thought they were just too lazy to recycle them and were hoping the garbage truck would take them away :)

Hey Dallas,

In my neighborhood, they would thrown them away in the parks or on the side of a desolate street in regards of those CRT units. Shame how they just leave them like that! . :(

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hey Dallas,

In my neighborhood, they would thrown them away in the parks or on the side of a desolate street in regards of those CRT units. Shame how they just leave them like that! . :(

Anthony...

I hooked up my Goldstar to my cable box today to relive my childhood TV experiences.

By the way, Isaac is my mail guy again if you still wish to send those Genesis games. I greatly appreciate what you do for me and the Dreamcast Gamer channel (for others reading this, Anthony is the awesome guy who introduced me to the action-packed world of SNK, primarily their fighting games)

• Like 1

Here is my Christmas Haul from my Wife and Daughter!

Nintendo DS:

1. Metal Slug 7

Sega Dreamcast:

1. Last Hope Pink Bullets

2. SNK Arcade Classics

Sony PSP:

1. Metal Slug Anthology

2. SNK Arcade Classics 0

3. SNK Arcade Classics 1

4. Mytran Wars

5. God Eater Burst

WOW! :-o Styling and profiling Darrin. :thumbsup:

Nice gifts from the Mrs and your daughter kind sir. Looks like somebody is going to have fun for awhile on his personal units that's for sure. :)

Thank you for sharing this with us Darrin. Excellent presentation as well. :)

Anthony..