IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hello!

As some of you might know, we're working on a SNES game for about 3 years now (yeah, I know)

It was a huge learning experience to say the least ;)

But now that we're now very close to finish the game, our programmer proposed to do a AES and MVS port of our game

Needless to say, I was really excited about doing a Neo Geo game! :cool:

So in 2018, we're going to port our game Justice Beaver - The Timber Tantrum to the Neo Geo :)

Now the BIG question is how are we going to manufacture both AES and MVS cartridge

Fdurso224 gave me some informations on who might be able to help us with the PCBs, cartridge shells, boxes etc..

But if you've the means to manufacture AES and MVS cartridges, please contact me

Meanwhile, here's a few screenshots

• post-11933-0-59954900-1515883513.png
  • post-11933-0-27671700-1515883518.png
  • post-11933-0-74215600-1515883525.png
  • post-11933-0-66081700-1515883532.png
  • post-11933-0-27795500-1515883537.png
  • post-11933-0-70554700-1515883542.png
  • post-11933-0-41824200-1515883547.png
  • post-11933-0-38499500-1515883552.png
  • post-11933-0-62356200-1515883556.png
  • post-11933-0-28360900-1515883561.png
  • post-11933-0-81589600-1515883567.png
  • post-11933-0-67777000-1515883573.png
  • post-11933-0-34511600-1515883578.png

J-F

This is truly awesome J-F. Really hope that this turns out to be a reality bro. :)

Darrin9999 called for the 1st AES cart, then I'll take the last one of the production for the AES. I'll be on the lookout for more to help you in regards to additional support J-F..

Can't wait to see a Neo-Geo MVS and AES version out soon. I just sent some information for PCB assembly :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

I need to dig out my Dreamcast and my Nintendo Ds to play a couple of SNK games I got. Then back to gaming on the AES and M.a.m.e. machine (Neo Geo games of course!)

Dreamcast, Nice!

I am a huge SEGA fan, unfortunately I had to sell my collection recently but looking to re buy later this year.

I'm of to a Pokemon Trading Card Game tournament tomorrow. Time to get my cards and skills ready. :)

Anthony..

Good luck Ant!

I don't now much about Pokemon apart from the tag line they use but I know Matt is into them too.

• Like 1

This is truly awesome J-F. Really hope that this turns out to be a reality bro. :)

Darrin9999 called for the 1st AES cart, then I'll take the last one of the production for the AES. I'll be on the lookout for more to help you in regards to additional support J-F..

Can't wait to see a Neo-Geo MVS and AES version out soon. I just sent some information for PCB assembly :)

Anthony...

Awesome news. I'd love to see some more console centric games come out for the Neo, like Gunlord. The system has the horsepower to pull off some great sidescrollers. It makes me wish that SNK used the AES and CD as a launching pad for home console specific games and not strictly arcade games. But, that would have made no financial sense for SNK to devote resources towards the home market when they had so little market share there. I'm glad we got Crossed Swords II and Ironclad.

• Like 1

Dreamcast, Nice!

I am a huge SEGA fan, unfortunately I had to sell my collection recently but looking to re buy later this year.

Good luck Ant!

I don't now much about Pokemon apart from the tag line they use but I know Matt is into them too.

Thank you Paul,

I got some points today and packs of Pokemon cards. Wasn't busy of a tournament today. So plenty of elbow room to have when sitting down. :)

Anthony...

Awesome news. I'd love to see some more console centric games come out for the Neo, like Gunlord. The system has the horsepower to pull off some great sidescrollers. It makes me wish that SNK used the AES and CD as a launching pad for home console specific games and not strictly arcade games. But, that would have made no financial sense for SNK to devote resources towards the home market when they had so little market share there. I'm glad we got Crossed Swords II and Ironclad.

I agree zeta,

I'm glad other developers are getting involved to make Neo-Geo titles. Gunlord is an excellent game and Glad NGDT made such a popular run n gun title on the unit. Hopefully more can come close to the quality like it offers to gamers.

So far, I'm helping J-F on the direction to where to manufacture the PCB boards, purchasing the MVS & AES cart boxes, who to contact for the new shells without sacrificing authentic SNK carts, etc. We still have a long way to go, but we are doing our part to contribute to the community. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Atriage member Project COE (Jarrod) with another fun gameplay and review upload. See see what he has to say about Blazing Star shall we? :)

From the description,

"Blazing Star is one of the best shooters on the Neo Geo, and one you certainly don't want to miss."

Anthony..

• Like 1

If you end up going this route, definitely interested in an AES cart. = )

EDIT: Didn't realize how far I was behind, this was in response to Justice Beaver.

Hey Chaos,

More information to retroillucid for who to contact regarding PCB manufacturing and assembly were sent to the kind sir today.. Plus cart shells, labels, shock box/snapcases are provided to give additional help to make sure this will become a reality. :)

Same here bro. I want an AES cart myself. Superb choice. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

I'm a sucker for AES oddities or unique games and there's not too many. I suppose it's why I own Legend of Success Joe.

Same here Chaos. :)

AES oddities and/or unique games like Legend of Success Joe is in my AES collection as well. I don't think it's all that bad. Does have a nice intro and ending. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member Neo Gunloc with another great video for us. Let's see him in action with Geese Howard again in Tekken 7 on arcade mode shall we.

From the description,

"A playthrough of Tekken 7's ridiculously short Arcade Mode. This time with SNK's original fighting game boss. Geese Howard is here to stay !"

Anthony...

Thanks guys

I really can't wait to release the game to AES and MVS :)

According to the programmer, the game should be ready by Summer

I'll keep you guys on the loop

Bigger, Badder, Beaver!

Hahaha Nice pic J-F. Pic of the day for sure. :)

Okay, we have three that are interested for an AES version so far.

Darrin9999.

Stage_1_Boss.

fdurso224.

I think you're doing good so far J-F. We can't wait to find out more soon. :)

Anthony..

OH man that's awesome! I picked up their Windjammers Frisbee, might have to get the pin now!

• Like 1