IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member NeoTurboManic. Let's listen to what he has to say about the comparison of World Heros for the SNES and Genesis again shall we? :)

From the description,

"This is a re-post of the same comparison video I did a while back. I added an annotation regarding the controls for the Sega Genesis port."

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member NeoTurboManic. Let's listen to what he has to say about the comparison of World Heros for the SNES and Genesis again shall we? :)

From the description,

"This is a re-post of the same comparison video I did a while back. I added an annotation regarding the controls for the Sega Genesis port."

Anthony..

Awesome footage of all three versions, I never knew they had a Genesis version. The second one I used to play at Pizza Hut in Atlanta all the time! The deathmatch levels are so great!

• Like 1

Awesome footage of all three versions, I never knew they had a Genesis version. The second one I used to play at Pizza Hut in Atlanta all the time! The deathmatch levels are so great!

Glad that that video help you know that the Genesis version of World Heroes exist. :thumbsup: It's nice to have in your collection.

Amazing Field...I use to play Neo-Geo plenty of times in Pizza Hut as well. I always wondered if Pizza Hut and SNK had an agreement to have them in their restaurants in the 1990's or at least with local distributors to have them. I use to play World Heroes 2 and Samurai Shodown 2 in the restaurant while enjoying a "thin 'n crispy" when the unit was occupied! :-D

I use to play them on the 2 slot goldie unit. Did that Pizza Hut had this unit Field?

ea2e15e2de06221a47ff13d54200472c954fb011

Anthony..

• Like 1

Speaking of which Field.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. #NeoGeo Fanzine Update - Please #RT Anyone interested in a reprint of the New Earth Fanzine please email me at hello@neogeocollector.co.uk with your full name, address and tel number by the 22nd of January.pic.twitter.com/cNWOUl0ks4

DTsRmKlXUAA5fg7.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: SNKヒロインズの最新スクリーンショットを紹介! #SNK #SNKヒロインズ #SNKHEROINESpic.twitter.com/kt1o8uAGmm

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Bing

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: introducing the latest screenshot of the SNK heroines! #SNK #SNKヒロインズ #SNKHEROINES

DTtSRVqVoAAhnpi.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. Translate from Japanese

ROUND1-3 update! Athena, season one!! http://shonen-sirius.com/series/magapoke/kof-anb/ #KOF #KOF_ANB #マガポケ

DSHhPPSVAAAVTVx.jpg

Anthony.

Hi guys,

1. 【MSA お知らせ】 本日より1月22日(月)までイベント開催中!ステージをクリアして、「ゴールデンノスケ」や「ゴールデンレベルアーマー」をGET! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20180117_01zxi2j.html pic.twitter.com/GjyAbh1MLM

Translate from Japanese

[MSA announced today from 1/22 to (Monday) throughout the event! To clear the stage, GET out 'Golden Noske"and"Golden level armour"! http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20180117_01zxi2j.html #ttps://t.co/IU4nqsE6tl

DTuYntxU8AEe6BW.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【SECRET REPORT#094】 ゴーストトークとヨモちゃんはお揃いの着物でお正月を満喫しているようです。家族と一緒に過ごすお正月もいいですが、友だちと過ごすお正月も素敵ですね。#キミヒロ #キミヒロSRpic.twitter.com/1jDMy30A5B

Translate from Japanese

[#094 SECRET REPORT: Ghost talk and OMO-Chan is in matching clothes is to enjoy new year's. It is nice to spend a family holiday with your friends spend the new year is nice. #キミヒロ #キミヒロSR

DTu43FNUMAAcunP.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【お知らせ】 特定の時間にマルチに降臨ボスが出現します。 本日と明日の降臨マルチクエスト出現時間は、 1/18:1時、7時、12時、17時、 1/19:7時、13時、18時です。 詳しくはアプリ内のお知らせをご確認ください。 #キミヒロ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/1225 pic.twitter.com/loUvkbfpD7

Translate from Japanese

Notice: at certain times multimedia appeared on the advent boss. Advent multicast appearance times for today and tomorrow, 1 / 18: at 1 at 7:00 12:00 17, 1 / 19: at 7:00 13:00 18 am. For more information, please check the announcements in your app. https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/1225 #ttps://t.co/Tw0976sSEy

DTwFig4XcAEQe1W.png

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【格闘家ガチャボーナス】 20日AM5時まで一日の格闘家ガチャ1回と10回の初回の50%OFF! そしてイベント期間中、格闘家ガチャを一定回数引くとB・マリーのST魂などのボーナスが入手可能! イベント期間: 2018年1月18日5時~2018年1月20日5時 #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/cbRvroRl0k

Translate from Japanese

[Martial artist Gazza bonus: 20 AM5 pm one day martial artist Gazza and 50% initial 10 times And during the event, martial artist Gazza draws a certain number of times and bonuses such as B-Marie ST soul is available! Event period: 1/18/2018 five-1/20/2018 5:00 #KOF98UMOL

DTyxKQgUQAEEcNf.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch「アケアカNEOGEO パワースパイクスII」の配信がスタートしました!本作は1994年にビデオシステムから発売された本格的なバレーボールが楽しめるスポーツゲームです。ぜひお楽しみください! http://www.hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/ps2.htm pic.twitter.com/yf6xm9JUUS

Translate from Japanese

Delivery of the ACEA CA NEOGEO power spikes II PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch has started! This film is a sports game professional volleyball video system was launched in 1994. Take a look at and enjoy! http://www. hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/ps2.htm

DTyykmbU8AEWqwa.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Virtua Boys with another fun video for us to enjoy. Let's have a look at King of Fighters '98 shall we. :)

From the description,

"It’s The King of Fighters 98: The Slugfest! We’re turning our gaze to SNK’s most known and loved fighting franchise for the first time and playing some KOF. Playing, as always, on the Nintendo Switch."

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. Heroines' "Haphazard Odyssey" begins. Chapter 33: Long Time No See. #SNK #SNKHEROINESpic.twitter.com/b35Pwxfuu4

DTzLBz2VwAAmVHm.jpg
    1. Translate from Japanese

On the katatema comics "progress quest" episode 33! #SNK #SNKヒロインズ http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/narique/manga/page7.php #ttps://t.co/cxnymcXFnl

DTzJqtBV4AAtMIp.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. There is less than 24 hrs. remaining in the January Sale on all of SIEE's PlayStation Stores, where you can get great deals on SNK's NEOGEO masterpieces on PS4 / Vita listed below, discounted as much as 69% OFF. Don't miss out! https://tinyurl.com/ybheqsng #SNK #NEOGEO #PlayStationpic.twitter.com/Emy0ZiK7Y0

DT0Sl7UVwAAvkU8.jpg
    DT0Sm9AUQAEROKp.jpg
    DT0SoA6VQAEU9Pf.jpg
    DT0SpHuVAAIzgF_.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Always wanted an Omega CMVS unit? Head off to Retro City Fest with SNK for the Neo Geo World Tour to win yourself a unit. Phil Moore of Nick Arcade will be there. :)

1. Phil Moore will be the commentator at @Retro_City_Fest for #RetroCup 2018: Los Angeles & #NeoGeo World Tour ! With tournament prizes for Neo Geo World Tour sponsored by @ArcadeWorks ! @Game_Realms will be vendors at #RetroCityFest at booth #302 with @LimitedRunGames items & more!pic.twitter.com/hjg6XNsruy

DTr2X4hVoAACH1J.jpg
    DTr2YSLU0AAYJqN.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

THE KING OF FIGHTERS: DESTINY – Episode 24

24. DESTINY

Rugal has achieved the power of a god and the fighters try their best to take him down. Revenge, love, hate, ambition…THE KING OF FIGHTERS gets chaotic in this final epic battle! The destinies of these KOF fighters cross and give birth to a new history!

24. DESTINY
神の力を手に入れたルガールと、それに抗う格闘家たち。復讐、愛憎、野心・・・波乱に満ちた"THE KING OF FIGHTERS"は、ついに最終決戦へ!KOFに導かれた格闘家たちの運命が交錯し、新たな歴史が刻まれる。

©SNK CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Anthony..

• Like 1

fdurso224 was kind enough to point me towards a broken AES to add to my ever expanding hardware. He thought it would be a good idea for me to share the repairs and the story with everyone.

The unit itself is in pretty good shape. It came from a Japanese seller with missing sprites but showing a blue diagnostic screen. Upon receiving it I was able to confirm that it was in the exact condition the seller pointed out.

Whenever I have systems like this come in for repair I like to see the issue and then open the console up and see if it has ever been tampered with. In this case it had not ever been opened before and did not show any obvious signs of damage. So no blown caps, obviously damaged traces or broken components.

The first step after board inspection is to do the "flex" test. Basically for those not aware, this is literally going around the board while it is powered on and just pressing on chips and tracks of traces. This will help point out broken solder joints and broken traces. In this case, again there was nothing obvious.

The next step is to remove the BIOS chip and install a socket. The reason for this is to be able to swap BIOS whenever needed and in this case to install a Diagnostic BIOS. The Diagnostic BIOS returned no errors, so next up was to run the Universe BIOS tests. Again no issues. I didn't expect these to show anything, but it's still a good test.

So the next part is where things become interesting. Since this was to be my personal console, I decided to pull all of the RAM and buffer chips that we have seen fail frequently and socket these as well. While doing this, I did find a few corroded traces which I installed jumper wires for, but this did not correct the issue. I also installed known good chips to verify that the issues were not with any of these chips.

At this point ruling out the more common chips, it was time to focus on the custom chips. The Neo-B1 handles the sprite layers as sent from the cart. Before checking traces, I went ahead and reflowed the Neo-B1. This doesn't take very long and will help me if I end up having to remove the chip later. The reflow did not fix the issue either. However it did help enable me to drive the sprite layers as I saw fit. This showed me that I could alter the errors being seen on screen. From this point I had to follow traces from the GAD0-3 and GBD0-3 pins on the cart connector to the Neo-B1.

Now, this is not the only way to test these, but I do not have a scope in my shop right now and I had to buy a new logic probe which will be here tomorrow, so I was doing this solely with a multimeter. After testing each pin to see if I was getting continuity from the cart slot to the Neo-B1 I found the GBD3, the last one of course, did not have continuity. From this point it was a matter of following the trace to determine where the break was. Many people would just run a new wire from the cart slot to the Neo-B1 and that's ok. However my goal was to keep this as OEM in appearance as possible while also keeping any jumper wires as short as possible and crossing as few components as possible, to minimize interference.

After following the trace I found the break was actually underneath the Neo-B1 itself. How this broke, I have no idea. Despite having the equipment to remove the Neo-B1 and repair the trace, I made the decision to use a jumper wire instead of taking the risk of removing the chip and potentially causing additional damage, keep in mind the Neo-B1 is a QFP160 package.

After adding the jumper wire, everything was perfect. At this point, the console is good but I am going to replace all of the capacitors since they are TK brand. I also cut the traces running under the crystal to minimize jailbars and I will be installing a new RGB amplifier soon.

I know this was a long read, but fdurso224 and I discussed putting the entire story out there for you all to read. I do have a few more broken NeoGeo consoles coming my way for repairs, so if you would like to see or hear more about repairs let me know and/or check out my website. The pictures are large because I take high quality pictures of everything I work on. Also I need to make better labels for UniBios, but please note that the UniBios I am using is authentic. I have permission from Razoola to purchase and burn my own UniBios chips for installations. I cannot sell the chips outright without an install however.

26951774_382477242197146_735328786275268

26952268_382477272197143_623248081888354

26952331_382477305530473_513091168731807

26952405_382477325530471_216374867836659

26841202_382477362197134_478774761654697

26685840_382477395530464_398067073111432

26850233_383229772121893_133390079849480

26758163_383229808788556_929094421082005

26814602_383229835455220_659284394245084

26756796_383229888788548_872473360947634

26758282_383229922121878_343812359667058

• Like 5