IGNORED

Trio+ Software TI Sings

Ed in SoDak

There was a recent post about speech on the TI and I mentioned TI Sings. Several songs are included on the disk. It runs under console BASIC with the TEII cart. Online search doesn't bring up much so I dug out the disk and made a .wav file of the song Daisy.

It's a well-written program and does some interesting things with speech. Not bad for a $10 shareware donation, which I paid and received the disk in the late 1980's. Hope this works to share a .wav file. Enjoy!

-Ed

Daisy.wav

• Like 2

Neato. Do you have your own song files to share? I bet the program would port to an emulator, but might suffer due to poor voice emulation. $30 for the price rings a bell for me and I too ordered it direct, but the docs on the disk suggest sharing it and hoping for a $10 fairware fee to the author. Might be I ordered some time later than you did. Obviously it never took off. I think I read about it in Micropendium. All I ever did was play the included songs and made some noises. In my own family, they were all musicians, I was the "audience," lol.

-Ed

Edited by Ed in SoDak

Me too, the function key has not much functionality at present. I have to reseat the SXB cart to get to the launch pad. Reminds me to drag out the widget, not so much wear on the TI's port at least. Luckily I have enough hardware to duplicate the whole setup if need be. Hoarding stuff since the 90's is good, saves on ebay purchases. ;)

-Ed

Point taken, lol. TI Sings is sort of a cross between Barney Fife in the Mayberry choir and Hal from 2001. Compared to XB's Baritone Monotone voice, it's a step up. Compared to me taking the mic, it's golden! ;)

-Ed

Edited by Ed in SoDak
  • Like 1

I ran Telco and connected my Ti to one of my Macs for the first time in about 5 years. Took more than a few tries, maybe the hand-wired cable is getting flaky. Telco sure makes use of that balky Function key on my ol' TI, so cleaning that and a few other keys was the first order of business. Next I had to locate my stash of blank disks and hope the drives still worked. A little session with Funnelweb and John Birdwell's Disk Utilities and I had everything ready to go.

It all tested out ok after the long sleep, and the first program I archived and ported over for transfer to V9T9 was the TI Sings disk. I'm curious to see how well it works in emulation.

I was up late enough to still be awake when the Blood Moon approached full eclipse. Sandy was interested in seeing it, so I roused her from her deep and warm slumber to bundle up and shuffle out onto our 20-degree porch for a glimpse. A rare calm and cloudless night gave us both a great view of the eclipsing moon with Mars nearby. Got a few digital pics, might be one or two turned out well enough for sharing. To wrap up the night, I oughta hook up the old vinyl record player for a little Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon, lol.

Edited by Ed in SoDak
  • Like 1