IGNORED

Most Colorful Tetris clone ever on 8 bits !

Aking

Thetris does not work under emulation with the 2-port bios that Mitch posted because it copies the bios vectors from the wrong location.

In that 2-port bios the vectors are stored at $FEAB and copied to $200.

In my 4-port bios the vectors are stored at $FE95 and copied to $200.

Thetris bypasses the bios initialisation and copies the vectors itself, but always from $FE95 to $200 even when using that 2-port bios. If I hack thetris.bin to change that location, it works with that 2-port bios.

However, that it works on the two 2-port systems you have tested makes me think that either (a) they both have a 4-port bios fitted or (b) there is more than one version of the 2-port bios.

Attached is a hybrid cart image for the Atarimax Ultimate SD which saves a copy of your bios to the SD card - it writes it to file bios.dat (unless you have cartridge services disabled in which case it will timeout and report an error).

Also attached is my 4-port bios.

If you save the bios from one of those 2-port systems, do they match the 2-port bios Mitch posted or my 4-port bios? Or neither? :?

bios.zip

biossave.zip

• Like 1

Thetris does not work under emulation with the 2-port bios that Mitch posted because it copies the bios vectors from the wrong location.

In that 2-port bios the vectors are stored at $FEAB and copied to $200.

In my 4-port bios the vectors are stored at $FE95 and copied to $200.

Thetris bypasses the bios initialisation and copies the vectors itself, but always from $FE95 to $200 even when using that 2-port bios. If I hack thetris.bin to change that location, it works with that 2-port bios.

However, that it works on the two 2-port systems you have tested makes me think that either (a) they both have a 4-port bios fitted or (b) there is more than one version of the 2-port bios.

Attached is a hybrid cart image for the Atarimax Ultimate SD which saves a copy of your bios to the SD card - it writes it to file bios.dat (unless you have cartridge services disabled in which case it will timeout and report an error).

Also attached is my 4-port bios.

If you save the bios from one of those 2-port systems, do they match the 2-port bios Mitch posted or my 4-port bios? Or neither? :?

will check it out,

maybe my 2 port "*" systems were fitted with 4 port bios by factory when modified for 2600 compatibility :-o

will check it out,

maybe my 2 port "*" systems were fitted with 4 port bios by factory when modified for 2600 compatibility :-o

It wouldn't surprise me. I think a lot of 2ports have the original BIOS and not the REV A BIOS.

Mitch

If there are only these 2 versions of BIOS I can check some byte if I should to copy vectors from $fe95 or $feab. There is so little information about 5200 on internet ;)

Edited by MaPa

• 2 months later...

Wow! Great gfx, musics and playability :) Had to tear myself away and save state on level 3.

Came across it while trying to get another homebrew ("100 pictures") to run in Jum52. Glad that Thetris runs fine in Jum52.