IGNORED

7800 RF

bloodrusher123

I seem to be having a problem with the picture on my TV with 7800 most importantly but also suffering the same problem with SMS SNES and others,

I am using a flat screen TV and have tuned it in to the analogue channel and it works for a short while then jumps all around the screen like it became untuned and I wait about a minute and then its fine . this happens every 5 mins so I was wondering if there was a converter for the RF cable so I could plug it in through scart or RGB?

I've found some things on the internet saying use it through a VHS which will convert the signal but I was wondering if it would be the same for a freeview/ digital set top box ?

And has anyone else experienced this problem ?

I have also found some info on RF modulators and I'm not too sure if that would solve my problem ?

You mean an RF demodulator. Standalone demodulators are a little on the pricey side so you could probably get away with using a VCR instead. I'd highly suggest having an AV or S-video mod done though.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah - thought that might have been the case. My LCD TV has an analogue and digital tuner and my 2600 & 7800 work OK with that. Thought that maybe the old Freeview might have had an analogue mode too.

My Sony VCR does a good enough job - just thought a more modern device may have been better at cleaning the image up for my CRT,.

Edited by davyK

What about the Original American/European Nes, Sega Mega Drive and the Super Famicom and 3do??

Any system up to the GameCube will have analog video output solely. The first revision GameCube had a non-standard digital video connector. It can not be used directly with any TV or monitor to my knowledge, and needs to be combined with the proprietary component cable, which contains its own chip for conversion to analog video.