IGNORED

Atari direct marketing to 5200 to advertise 2600 adaptor

kpovisils

Good morning,

I'm new to AtariAge, but am a long time 5200 devotee. I have some direct marketing materials from Atari to 5200 owners, offering "free installation" of the 2600 cartridge adaptor and coupons for discounts on paddles. Is there a repository where I ought to scan and send in these docs for posterity's sake? Or maybe all of this stuff is already documented somewhere.

Any insights are appreciated.

Sincerely,

Karlis

• Like 5

There are a number of places you could put them. There is Atarimania.com. I can put them up there. You can also just put them up here. If you are not a member I think there is a smaller limit of what you can post here but I think you can still post things. If the scans are to big you can send them to me and I'll post them. As far as if they have been posted already it's hard to say without seeing them or getting a better description but I think they might be something not posted before. Do you remember were you got them from?

Allan

• Like 2

I'm new to AtariAge, but am a long time 5200 devotee. I have some direct marketing materials from Atari to 5200 owners, offering "free installation" of the 2600 cartridge adaptor

Sounds like it was an offer to fix the earlier 5200s to use the 2600 adaptor at the local Atari Service centers. Please do post the scans, should be interesting to check out.