IGNORED

Wow, I never expected Sentinel to sell so well!

Falconhood

I was bidding on the Atari 7800 Sentinel game, it's one of the few I do not have, and have never seen. I thought for sure no one would care about Atari 7800 games, since they aren't NES or anything you hear anything about....but WOW! The game sold for $40.99! Looks like Atari 7800 DOES have fans. I only hear negative comments, but it's a system that I loved and still think of as in my top 5 of my life.

Does anyone have this game? Has anyone played Sentinel? Is it really worth $41?

post-23741-0-47607000-1398678688_thumb.jpg

The video posted is indeed the 2600 version. ;)

The vast majority of Sentinel game listings on ebay for the 7800 are for the PAL region, as the game was originally released under the PAL region only.

For PAL users (or NTSC users interested in PAL) looking to complete their collection - $40+ can be beat with a little patience: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sentinel-Atari-7800-New-Sealed-PAL-RARE-/261439419101?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3cdf00f2dd

post-18-0-66847100-1398692211_thumb.png

$9.99 new (BIN) - $4.00 to ship.

As for obtaining a converted to NTSC Sentinel, there are some that (occasionally?) provide such a service on these boards.

I have gone though cases of sentinel games in the past using them for conversions to NTSC

and just as donor parts in general. They are not as common as they where 10 years ago but

a PAL copy is not worth $40, not a chance. Hell for that much I used to get half a case of them.

And by half a case I don't mean 4 out of a box of 8, I mean 36 out of a box of 72.

• Like 2

I was bidding on the Atari 7800 Sentinel game, it's one of the few I do not have, and have never seen. I thought for sure no one would care about Atari 7800 games, since they aren't NES or anything you hear anything about....but WOW! The game sold for $40.99! Looks like Atari 7800 DOES have fans. I only hear negative comments

Just the NES lot being jealous again.

Just the NES lot being jealous again.

Yeah, I was trying to not go there, but the surrounding comments were a bit telling:

"I thought for sure no one would care about Atari 7800 games, since they aren't NES or anything you hear anything about....but WOW! The game sold for $40.99! Looks like Atari 7800 DOES have fans. I only hear negative comments..."

:ponder:

I thought it was particularly odd to make such statements on the AtariAge site, especially within the 7800 forum. :P

Seems though to offset the aforementioned with this right after:

"...but it's a system that I loved and still think of as in my top 5 of my life."

Regardless, strange (or at least very selective) observations from the OP. ;)