IGNORED

Wow, I never expected Sentinel to sell so well!

Falconhood

Here's the 7800 light gun. It was never released and was basically identical to the XE gun. http://www.atari7800.org/console/g1lightgun.htm

I should post a picture of the box sometime.

Mitch

This reminds me that I don't think I've ever heard of the XE light gun being sold individually. I've only heard of them being packaged with XEGS consoles.

They HAD to be available separately, though, right? Atari Corp. couldn't have reasonably expected people to buy XEGS systems in order to play gun games on the 7800 or 2600.

This reminds me that I don't think I've ever heard of the XE light gun being sold individually. I've only heard of them being packaged with XEGS consoles.

They HAD to be available separately, though, right? Atari Corp. couldn't have reasonably expected people to buy XEGS systems in order to play gun games on the 7800 or 2600.

g1%20lightgun.jpg

Thats the front of the box I have.

Here's the 7800 light gun. It was never released and was basically identical to the XE gun. http://www.atari7800.org/console/g1lightgun.htm

I should post a picture of the box sometime.

Mitch

I use the Best Electronics light gun for my 7800 light gun games: http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/quickguide.htm

Thanks! I guess it DID exist, unlike the M&M guys and Santa.

It's odd the the sticker says Bug Hunt, the screen shot is Barnyard Blaster but it came with Sentinel. Now that's some awesome advertising!!

Mine had XE Bug Hunt in it. The styro inside my box also only had room for an XE cart.

Mitch

I was really cheesed off back then that it was impossible to buy a light gun for the 7800 - ever from Federated - yet some OEM was selling the Atari XEGS light gun - stripped of all labeling and packaged in a plain cardboard box through Commodore dealers. The local Commodore dealer in my part of Sacramento - Putt's - sold them for $19.99 [or was it $24.95?]. In retrospect, I should've bought one.

Mine had XE Bug Hunt in it. The styro inside my box also only had room for an XE cart.

Mitch

Mine had a PAL Senintel 7800 and it was new when I got it to. Came with the ghetto Sentinel manual also. Bought it from France or the Netherlands I forget which.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an NTSC version?

There was a proto that was released to the public. Many folks use the PAL copy and replace the PAL chip with an NTSC burned copy. You get the atari made labels and be able to play it on your ntsc console. It's about as close to a "real" ntsc sentinel as you can get. Oh and you gotta pick the P sticker off the back of the cart to officially make it NTSC too don't forget that part...lol..

There was a proto that was released to the public. Many folks use the PAL copy and replace the PAL chip with an NTSC burned copy. You get the atari made labels and be able to play it on your ntsc console. It's about as close to a "real" ntsc sentinel as you can get. Oh and you gotta pick the P sticker off the back of the cart to officially make it NTSC too don't forget that part...lol..

Nice. Maybe CPU Wiz will just make a multicart with it in the future. That would be less trouble. :)