Aking

Still, there was always something about 5200 Ms. Pac-Man I didn't like... probably the halting way Ms. Pac-Man eats dots. Kind of ruins the game's flow.

I tend to agree with this, though I think as the game progresses and speeds up this is mitigated somewhat. (I haven't played it in a while, so I can't be sure.)

This modification, though, is splendid. Love the sounds, Aking. They're much, much nicer now.

Perry, you'll have to forgive me if I'm missing something here; I've got three sick kids and a headache that threatens to migraine out on me. Am I missing out on something blindingly obvious, like you having a hand in this? If so, I do beg your pardon. Bad, bad day. :sad:

I love the upgraded sounds. ;)

Yeah, if I didn't know better (but what do I know...), I'd almost say this is your 5200 Ms. Pac-Man sound-mod/hack with a title screen slapped on the front. Small world... I guess...

Perry, you'll have to forgive me if I'm missing something here; I've got three sick kids and a headache that threatens to migraine out on me. Am I missing out on something blindingly obvious, like you having a hand in this? If so, I do beg your pardon. Bad, bad day. :sad:

Its not you. Aking likes to post others work without proper credit. Reminds me of 8bitguy.

You guys...

I was going to replay that:

I am a big FAN of Ms.Pac-man and someone should get a meDAL for the work they do. :P

I love conversions for my beloved 5200, but I can't stand when complaints of shitty controls or incompatibilities go unfixed.

(or just chastised as if your gear is at fault) But I think it has to do with the person sharing is not the person doing the work...

We are just dealing with the messenger. I knew 100% for sure when I read the sentence "best used with digital controls" from another thread.

You know, the digital controls that 90+% of the 5200 users do not have....

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter. At least this time no money is being milked from us.

Ich kann nicht glauben, was ich lese.

erwarte nichts mehr als mein

Mi amigo, que es donde reside el problema.

What's so hard to believe about it being appropriate to give credit where it's due?

Edited by MrFish

• 1 year later...

Heh...

Both Bing and Google translate:

"I can't believe what I'm reading.

expect anything more than my"

"I can't believe what I am reading, don't expect anything else from me, claimed as mine."

The German is kind of bad, so it is no surprise the engines have problems with the second part. ;)

I don't know what happened to Aking's hack of my hack, but here's a link to my post with the sound update.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/167874-ms-pac-man-with-updated-sounds/?do=findComment&comment=2075770

That I DID find. I am amazed at how close you got the sound when eating a monster, eyes returning, etc. It's top! What did his hack change?

Oh... Update. I followed the thread and see what has happened.. lol. NM.. Thanks!

Edited by darryl1970

"I can't believe what I am reading, don't expect anything else from me, claimed as mine."

The German is kind of bad, so it is no surprise the engines have problems with the second part. ;)

I don't understand this... ?

Never mind. I followed the thread this time... Ignore me..

Edited by darryl1970