IGNORED

Dan Kramer & Al Alcorn will speak at the Sunnyvale Atari Party on 6/14/2014

Lynxpro

Say hello to Dan from me, I haven't talked to him in a few years. He was not doing so great at the time, glad to hear he is well. :thumbsup:

And totally awesome that he found that coupler. Mitch, you should ping him, before he puts it up on ebay. ;)

Say hello to Dan from me, I haven't talked to him in a few years. He was not doing so great at the time, glad to hear he is well. :thumbsup:

And totally awesome that he found that coupler. Mitch, you should ping him, before he puts it up on ebay. ;)

He has two of 'em. I hope to 3D scan [in order to 3D print] one of 'em. Hmm…thinking of the color options…

We'll say "hi" for you, CPU! Is there anything of yours you'd like for us to show at the show? I plan on bringing one of your 30th Anniversary 7800 Carts to it [paid earlier today]...

Hmm, I'll think about that, maybe cool to show some of the old-school guys one of the MCP devkits. Or maybe Bob could send over a BBCQ cart, which is another good example of what Atari could have done, but never did.

Hmm, I'll think about that, maybe cool to show some of the old-school guys one of the MCP devkits. Or maybe Bob could send over a BBCQ cart, which is another good example of what Atari could have done, but never did.

That would be cool. I've been telling Dan he should market his custom 7800 BIOS startup mod since it blows away Best Electronics' European BIOS mod.

What is his, what does it do? One of my systems has 4 selectable BIOS versions, I've been meaning to use the 4th slot for a quick start BIOS (dead simple).

1.) MCP Cart Flasher

2.) Eckhardt's DevOS

3.) Regular BIOS

4.) Quick Start BIOS (no logo, no 2600, no encryption, just boot!)

PMPSocketed.JPG

What is his, what does it do? One of my systems has 4 selectable BIOS versions, I've been meaning to use the 4th slot for a quick start BIOS (dead simple).

1.) MCP Cart Flasher

2.) Eckhardt's DevOS

3.) Regular BIOS

4.) Quick Start BIOS (no logo, no 2600, no encryption, just boot!)

His custom boot screens displayed his name and his wife's name under the Atari Fuji Logo during the BIOS startup/encryption key check. There's pics of them that turn up in a Google Image Search from a show circa 2000 that he demoed them. The mod dates back to 1984.

Having a 7800 that displayed my name at startup would be cooler than the European no-load time BIOS with Asteroids built in, in my book.

I'll look for those pics when I formally wake up later this morning.

But CPU, your mods are always amazing. I'm surprised you don't have Ballblazer available to load as the built-in game along with its amazing POKEY chip!

Exactly. I just (re) found Blue Azure's thread there from searching Google for 7800 BIOS. Here's a web page from a CGE event in the past that has picks of Dan's custom BIOS boot screens:

http://www.cyberroach.com/cyromag/14/cge2k23p.htm

So Dan was doing that inside Atari Inc years before the community started customizing that themselves.

• Like 1