IGNORED

This "Shirt Box" Is Excellent For 7800 Cartridge Storage!

BenjaminR

I found this tweed "Shirt Box" while shopping at Target a few night ago. When I saw it, I knew exactly what it could be useful for storing:

http://www.target.com/p/threshold-shirt-box-set-of-2-assorted-colors/-/A-14815406#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=shirt+box

You can store 54 cartridges in 3 rows of 18

Or 57 cartridges if you place them like I did in this picture

This is a nice way to keep dust off of your games, kind of gives the collection a classy look. Great for 2600 and 7800 games.

post-38754-0-41900400-1399565972_thumb.jpg

post-38754-0-36622700-1399566024_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

"Looks like there is a label slot holder on one side. You could stick a label identifying the system/cartridges (7800/2600/ColecoVision/etc.)."

Trebour, you read my mind! That was another big selling point for these boxes. I'd eventually like to make some fancy labels on the computer and print them out on thick paper. Maybe somebody on the forum could design a template.

Dauber,

Definitely! The 'Pac-Man Collection' is the next game on the list to get. The revamped Ms. Pac-Man in the collection looks really good too. Probably a little closer to the arcade version than the original port from '84.

TravisTouchDown,

Thanks! You will be able to pick up 7800 fairly quickly if you keep digging through the ebay collections. There are about 25-30 very solid games that can be found fairly easily still factory sealed for not too much. I was always a big Lynx fan too. Great portable. We had one back in the early 1990's, it felt like having a game system that was 10 years ahead of the Gameboy. The Lynx version of RoadBlasters was amazing at the time! Lemmings and Joust had awesome Lynx ports too.

JohnnyBritish,

Unfortunately, this is true. I went back to the original Target where I first bought them over the weekend and the boxes were all gone. Online looks to be the best option at this point.

• Like 1