IGNORED

is there some kind of trick to playing desert falcon?

AlecRob

Washington Memorials- obliques you need to go around, pyramids you can go over-

What level? What Setting?

I find there are very few obsticlaes when flying all the way to the right and all the way up.

There IS a bug in the game...

If ther are two players the more advanced player's enemy type and speed will be on the slower player's level -

Bad if player two can get to level 6 on one life and you are still on level 2...

The shadow under your Falcon helps with height- the shooting and the shawods of the arrows you shoot work the same way- the shadow is smaller when you are higher the bird is larger.

Presective is at 45is degrees and once you get it you can 'see' your height.

I used to get so pissed at Desert Falcon that I quit playing it for a really long time.

But one day I told myself that I was not going to let a game get the better of me...so I started playing again trying different things.. once I got used to the angle of the layout and studying the patterns of the enemies then I started getting into the game and now it is one of my favorite games for the 7800.

It just takes a little time to get used to the game then before long you are playin like a pro.

• Like 1

It's called the 2nd player bug:

If ther are two players the more advanced player's enemy type and speed will be on the slower player's level -

Bad if player two can get to level 6 on one life and you are still on level 2...

EXAMPLE:

Player one gets killed by level two sphinx,
player two starts level one with level 2 enemies,
player 2 is still @ level one speed but the enemies are at level 2-
if palyer 2 finishes level one (warp or invincibility heiroglyphs) and moves to level 2 the eneimies are level 2- (like they should be)....
if player 2 gets to level 6 and dies

-Player 1 starts level 2 over with level 6 enemies at level 6 speed while player 1's falcon is still level 2 speed (and will not be able to progress).

For some reason, I never could seem to get into Desert Falcon. I really want it to be Zaxxon, and it just isn't. If you try to rush through the level, you die pretty quickly and miss all the items on the ground level. Every few months I give it another try, but I usually end up putting it back in the closet along with the other ones that usually don't get played: Touchdown Football, Karateka, Crack'ed, Super Huey and Fight Night. The games that I consider the skeletons of the 7800 closet :skull:

Your mileage may vary, maybe it's just misunderstood.

It's called the 2nd player bug:

EXAMPLE:

Player one gets killed by level two sphinx,

player two starts level one with level 2 enemies,

player 2 is still @ level one speed but the enemies are at level 2-

if palyer 2 finishes level one (warp or invincibility heiroglyphs) and moves to level 2 the eneimies are level 2- (like they should be)....

if player 2 gets to level 6 and dies

-Player 1 starts level 2 over with level 6 enemies at level 6 speed while player 1's falcon is still level 2 speed (and will not be able to progress).

I have never encountered that issue.. but then again I have never played two players on Desert Falcon.

Well you can cause the bug yourself set tot two player and play like normal- when one 'player' gets too far ahead of the other you will see the bug... it works no matter which player is ahead.

I have never encountered that issue.. but then again I have never played two players on Desert Falcon.