IGNORED

Season 3 / Week 12 & 13 ~ The NEW HSC ~ It's About Time Again!

Vocelli

Tried MK again, got 60-90ks... not enuff to improve.

Too bad my Mountain King game cart broke, controls are tricky and using a joystick would help... but I remember last it was played at the HSC... i was in middle of a game, and the screen slowly went out and never worked right, the CBS expansion chip rotted out?!

• Like 1

Improvement on Mountain King. I would do better with this game, but it takes so damn long to play. It took nearly 45 minutes in a single game to get this score. I just don't have that kind of free time, and I love the game.

Mountain King

post-409-0-36921800-1401285172_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Mountain King 54825

happy to get a small improvement but clearly I need to find a better route to the top of the mountain! Level 3 I was making my way by my normal path to the top & flawless, but my time still ran out first. :_(

[edit] oops! scratch that... it was not an improvement at all! :dunce:

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

clearly I need to find a better route to the top of the mountain! Level 3 I was making my way by my normal path to the top & flawless, but my time still ran out first. :_(

This is what I believe is the shortest path for the VCS version of Mountain King. It takes approximately 55 seconds, give or take a half second wait here or there for bats to get out of your way. Staring on Level 3, you only have 1 minute to make it to the mountain top. This path lets you make one or possibly two mistakes and still make it to the top. (i think you can shave a second or so off of it, since you can jump to the triple ladder in a single jump, where I made two jumps)

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 1

cool Capitan! amazingly I found that same route a few minutes before looking here (the bats still beat me - lost on level 1 which I do about 50% of the time).

I find the bats don't always travel along the same horizontal path. they get an advantage by flying higher -- they can steal your crown whether you're jumping or walking.

MounTain King

100ks club! :)

I would have gotten to the mountain top for the 4th or 5th time, but the bat went over my head. I dodged it by climbing down the ladder. Then the other bat was coming and hit where I was climbing down to avoid the first one, ...worst luck ever !!!

post-3059-0-29629500-1401584722_thumb.jpg

• Like 1