IGNORED

Re: Karateka

bloodreptile

Can anyone tell me what u r supposed to do in this game? This game ranks with Jinks as the most feeble that I have played on the system. :( At least I got it free with the system the second system that is. The first one came with Realsports soccer and some basekt ball game both 2600 both terrible. :?

It's not 'That' unplayable just not very good. You should be able to play it for a few minutes with some wild kicks and punches. Have a look at the manual to see how to play:

http://www.atariage.com/manual_html_page.h...wareLabelID=697

Also, if you ever want to see the game in it's original, very good forms you should check out the Apple II and Atari computer versions.

Actually, the more I play it, I am getting a bit used to the control system.

But, it's sluggish, and that throws it off...

If I didn't have the original Apple II version to play in my Apple //e, I might not have noticed how bad it is by comparison.. :-)

Having the keys on the Apple, and just being a little quicker makes alot of difference...

desiv

Has anyone been able to kick the eagle that comes out inside the castle? I swear every time I tried I kicked right through it. Is it possible to kill it in this version (I love how it just disintegrated in the Apple version).

Tempest

Has anyone been able to kick the eagle that comes out inside the castle?  I swear every time I tried I kicked right through it.  Is it possible to kill it in this version (I love how it just disintegrated in the Apple version).

Tempest

No, I haven't been able to kill the eagle either. It's seems to be invincible.

I can almost beat the second to last guy but the eagle always seems to get me right before I can take him out.

Mitch

• 2 weeks later...

Vinnie, great website. Enjoyed all the info and the humor.

I remember how psyched I was to get Karateka a couple of years ago. I remembered all the good times I had playing Karateka back in the 8-bit computer days. Boy, were my hopes for gaming bliss dashed with the horrible 7800 version of Karateka. Who is the idiot who playtested, or didn't playtest this game and authorized it to be released?

• 3 weeks later...