IGNORED

Scrolly Text Editor question

I'm attempting to use this program to use as an announcement scroller (in a classroom). However, I simply CANNOT figure out how to remove the "SCROLLY TEXT EDITOR" text that appears at the top and bottom of the screen when it is scrolling its message(s).

It seems like this shouldn't be the case. i.e. that this program is designed to *edit* a scroll and then allow it to scroll *without* announcing itself as the editor of said scroll. Does this make sense? I feel like I'm missing a single keystroke or something to make the title disappear but for the life of me, I'm stumped.

It's a very nice program, written in assembly or machine code with a nice, clean scroll.

Maybe it's the HELP key? I'm using an Incognito 800 and don't have a HELP key.

If figure this out, can you please post here?

Thank you!

Scrolly Text Editor.atr

After playing with this under emulation for a few minutes:

It's not the HELP key.

In the OPTIONS menu there is a way to turn off the raster effect on the banner.

Nothing about eliminating the banner.

I suspect there is no way to turn it off short of rewriting the code. I'll play with it some more on real A8, but won't be back to AA till next week.

JD6502, thanks for the confirmation on the HELP key. I fooled around with OPTION until blue in the face. Yes, the "raster" up and down effect can be modified but there seems to be no way to kill that silly "I'm an editor" text. I did a disk scan to see if I could find any clear text to sector edit to spaces or something but no go.

Ah ha! I finally found the source for the file. It's from the April 1989 issue of "Page 6" magazine. The article mentions nothing about how to turn off the blue title text. Apparently, the entire program was designed solely to create long, obnoxious scrolls. No joke. Read the article.

https://archive.org/details/page6-magazine-37

If you can spot anything in the code that would let me eliminate the title text, please let me know! Thank you in advance.