IGNORED

DIN7 plugs for atari xl/xe power connection.

tregare

anyone have a source of these? my last xl/xe powersupply failed, it was one of the potted ones, so i cut the cord off and hooked it to a good quality 2.2A 5v switching powersupply. i want to make some backup supplies but will need plugs.

i think that a lot of local electronics suppliers would carry these, here is one I go to when I am in the Vancouver area that also sells online. They have been in business for 45+ years.

http://www.rpelectronics.com/358-170-1-din-plug-7-pin-inline.html

And another with locations in Montreal Quebec and Champlain NY.

http://www.abra-electronics.com/products/DIN%252d7P-Standard-Inline-Male-DIN-Plug-%252d-7-Contacts.html

Mouser, Digikey (Specifically this one)... I believe the connector you want is 270degree circular DIN, male plug. Cost is around $1.50 ea. Here's a trick I learned, when you call them tell them you are building a prototype, and see if they will give you any samples. They might ask for company information and when you say it's just a pet project they will tell you to eff off, but I do it from my office all the time and they'll send me 2-3 in a day or so.

anyone have a source of these? my last xl/xe powersupply failed, it was one of the potted ones, so i cut the cord off and hooked it to a good quality 2.2A 5v switching powersupply. i want to make some backup supplies but will need plugs.

B&C Computervisions (www.myatari.com) 530-295-9270 myatari2@juno.com (California times)

Best (www.best-electronics-ca.com) 408-278-1070 (afternoons pacific time) email bestelec@concentric.net

Both have them. About $2.00 plus S&H, and probably a $20 minimum order. Visit their site. You will find lots of stuff you might like to fill a minimum.

There's also Video 61 and Ben Smith' Bravo Sierra, but I doubt they have such small parts.

And these are USA suppliers.

Probably Jameco would have them also. And somebody says e-bay would have them, in which case you wouldn't have the minimum order.

And there's a comprehensive vendor list maintained by M. Current. See the Atari 8-bit FAQ.

www.faqs.org/faqs/atari-8-bit/faq

vendor/developer list:

http://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/atari-8-bit/vendev.html

Edited by russg

• 3 weeks later...