IGNORED

sdrive help

Evidious

i been recently using my sdive again and i have one question that hopefully someone can help

I am trying to play space dungeon

i have a 32 in 1 os upagrade in my 130xe

when I use the 800 compatible OS it loads and works fine

when i use XL/XE OS

garbage appears on the screen

I am sure I need to disable basic while holding down the option key when it loads and i tried that but it does not work

so I am not sure what i am doing wrong

Thanks in advance

i been recently using my sdive again and i have one question that hopefully someone can help

I am trying to play space dungeon

i have a 32 in 1 os upagrade in my 130xe

when I use the 800 compatible OS it loads and works fine

when i use XL/XE OS

garbage appears on the screen

I am sure I need to disable basic while holding down the option key when it loads and i tried that but it does not work

so I am not sure what i am doing wrong

Thanks in advance

OK, I just tried Space Dungeon on my 800XL with my SDrive and it works.

If you are trying to load the game from the SDrive configuration program remember to hold down the OPTION key and then press the ATARI key. It's awkward and looks strange as OPTION advances the highlight all the way to the bottom, but it's necessary if you need to disable BASIC while using SDrive. Well, perhaps not necessary. You can try to press the ATARI key and then press OPTION but I'm almost never quick enough to pull it off.

Rather than using the SDrive configuration program for each game I prefer to have Kheffington's game ATRs mounted as disks D1: through D4:. The MyPicoDOS game loader decides whether you need BASIC or not, so no fussing with the OPTION key.

There's about 57MB worth of games included in Kheffington's ATR set. Unfortunately, for a game that doesn't exist as a file version then you would need to mount that ATR within the SDrive configuration program.

-SteveS

Edited by a8isa1